Cha ching

I think growers get confused when they see the ratio of 9-50-30 or whatever it is but don't realize it's a low ppm flowering dosage. 1 quarter teaspoon as recommended brings my tap water ppm up 150-200ppm and that's it. I've used it in back to back to back feeds with no I'll affect just gotta stay on top of other needs also or you'll start dropping leaves.

I think growers get confused when they see the ratio of 9-50-30 or whatever it is but don't realize it's a low ppm flowering dosage. 1 quarter teaspoon as recommended brings my tap water ppm up 150-200ppm and that's it. I've used it in back to back to back feeds with no I'll affect just gotta stay on top of other needs also or you'll start dropping leaves.
Are you in soil ?he is in coco

Are you in soil ?he is in coco
Yes now I am. Did coco a few grows ago using the ff feed schedule to a Tee. Spectacular results. Cha ching adds serious weight to the buds in the last 3 weeks. Buds swell regardless as we all know but there is something about cha ching that'll have your buds floor bound, at least in my experience. Like I said earlier flower fuel (makes buds harder) is similar and so is moab (makes new white pistils keep shooting) I use them all.

Thanks you guys for your opinions
Iv reliasee the chart has 12 weeks onit
Normally I'm ready to pull off 7 or 8th week..... so if I was to pull off on the 8th week would that mean I start using it on week 5 ?
What do y guys suggest u never be sure when to harvest but by looking at my trichomes and the way the bud is I have no problem or complaints about the bud at 7 or 8 weeks when I'm ready to harvest

Again my question would be .... 3 weeks before harvest does that mean for me it would be week 5 ?

<cut>
Again my question would be .... 3 weeks before harvest does that mean for me it would be week 5 ?
It would be week 5 of the flowering but not 3 weeks before harvest. If the grower was going to keep the plants in flower for 4 or 5 or 6 weeks longer they would then be giving the Cha Ching for a total of 7, 8 or 9 weeks.

Count forward, not backwards.

Now I am confused. :)
On the FF chart, weeks 1-4 are veg, and week 5 is the start of bloom. Most plants go on average 8 weeks, so the chart is based on that. If you have a longer running plant, they recommend using the last column on the right, until the end, and I will put the stipulation on this that this is true UNLESS you are running a 10-16 week flowering sativa dominant strain.... then some adjusting needs to be done. But in most cases with common hybrids, the end of bloom starts happening in the last two weeks, at week 6 of bloom, or week 10 on the feeding chart. This is the point in the grow when the buds do their final swell and when the trichomes start to ripen. The FF feeding chart prepares the plant for this stage by starting to give Cha-Ching a week early.

So the bottom line is that if you are running an 8 week bloom plant, the chart is perfect... do not deviate from it. If you have a 10 week blooming plant, it is my belief that you are best served by trying to synchronize the end of the feeding chart with the actual end of the plant... I believe that the last two weeks of any strain is a very special time, when the plant needs the cha-ching, but not before. I started getting spectacular results on my long running plants by adding that extra two weeks in by repeating week 8 on the chart an extra two times.

Some adjusting can be done when growing shortened bloom time Autos too. Let's say you are running an 11 week auto...
The veg time is about the same... so far so good. But everything happens faster with an Auto. I suggest taking weeks 5 and 9 off of the chart, and then proceed as suggested. Pretend those weeks are not even on the chart. Things should synchronize nicely.

I use Cha Ching once a week during the entire flower time of 12 weeks and even mixed it 1/2 str with other nutes near the end of my last grow. I followed the FF feeding schedule. I kept my plants on week 4 of the schedule until they were ready to flip then fed them according to the schedule from there on. If the plant can take the nutes without adverse effects then I keep feeding, :morenutes:

In the uk we keep the first 4 weeks of veg separate.....

And then count the first week of flowering as week 1 .......

So begging 4 weeks is kept separate and then we say

Week 1 of flowering when we flip to 12/12

Now I am confused. :)
On the FF chart, weeks 1-4 are veg, and week 5 is the start of bloom. Most plants go on average 8 weeks, so the chart is based on that. If you have a longer running plant, they recommend using the last column on the right, until the end, and I will put the stipulation on this that this is true UNLESS you are running a 10-16 week flowering sativa dominant strain.... then some adjusting needs to be done. But in most cases with common hybrids, the end of bloom starts happening in the last two weeks, at week 6 of bloom, or week 10 on the feeding chart. This is the point in the grow when the buds do their final swell and when the trichomes start to ripen. The FF feeding chart prepares the plant for this stage by starting to give Cha-Ching a week early.

So the bottom line is that if you are running an 8 week bloom plant, the chart is perfect... do not deviate from it. If you have a 10 week blooming plant, it is my belief that you are best served by trying to synchronize the end of the feeding chart with the actual end of the plant... I believe that the last two weeks of any strain is a very special time, when the plant needs the cha-ching, but not before. I started getting spectacular results on my long running plants by adding that extra two weeks in by repeating week 8 on the chart an extra two times.

Some adjusting can be done when growing shortened bloom time Autos too. Let's say you are running an 11 week auto...
The veg time is about the same... so far so good. But everything happens faster with an Auto. I suggest taking weeks 5 and 9 off of the chart, and then proceed as suggested. Pretend those weeks are not even on the chart. Things should synchronize nicely.
Understand. But, the way I see it is that Fox Farm spent a lot of time and money researching and developing their line of nutrients and amendments. To change their schedule because a plant or strain requires an additional several weeks to finish is just like changing or reducing the amount of nutrient added to water even after the company spent all that time figuring out the ratio/mix.

The Fox Farm chart back a bunch of messages already has it covered for plants or strains that take longer to mature. The company says that the grower just continues with the Week 12 schedule. They do not say to figure out when the plant will be finished or ripe and count backwards for 3 or 4 weeks and use that date to start the Cha Ching.

Yes, sometimes a longer flowering plant might require a bit of deviation from the schedule for best results but to tell new growers to change the schedule could often end up in a weaker harvest than they were hoping for because not enough of the finishing nutrients were used.

Who knows, maybe following the schedule will knock a week off at the end because the plants are just that much healthier. In nature a plant that does not mature in time will not produce enough seeds to keep the strain or specie going.

In the long run, it is a matter of gaining experience with each growing session and that often means we can and will customize our methods. What works for one of us might not work for the next.

Back
Top Bottom