Chapster's Adventure Into RDWC! Indoor 600W LED GC Scrog

Honestly they look fine to me. In the last picture you have something going on with the one leaf you need to research. Every time I had nute burn the very tip of the leave will become dead. I dont see any of that going on here.
Thanks chop. Now that I look at it closer, you're right. It almost looks like lack of p starting. I think im gonna give it a while at the lower ppm and see how it reacts. If it gets worse, I'll know for sure that its a def and I need more nutes.

When I first started growing I'd read so many times to go super easy with the nutes I ended up giving myself problems by not feeding enough. I'm not saying that's what is going on here but at the stage your plants are id be around 600ppm so I don't think your over feeding. A picture of the whole plant would give more info.

Lewy, here is a picture of both

20181002_041229.jpg 20181002_041212.jpg

They look pretty healthy to me. If you are worried, its certainly nothing a fresh res change shouldn't sort out. I've found that is always the quickest solution to most deficiencies. I've learnt a lot from watching how my plants respond after a res change as well. Your plants will let you know almost instantly in hydro if your solution is to hot with clawed tips, now if they look great for few days and then you start to see a bad leaf appear I'd be thinking they might be wanting a little more of something.

I thought you were, I read back but couldn't see it. I use tap water so I start at 190ppm. I didn't take that into account when I first started either!! Lol

I agree totally with Lewy. Looked like a deficiency from the few charts I looked at and you probably should bump up the nutes a bit. You are doing a really good job Chappie, your girls look beautiful.

With PPM you guys are talking greek to me. I usually use Fox Farms line and I never seen my ppm below 500. Even when my girls roots first hit the water I was running 500 PPM and at the end of the grow like the last week before harvest I was at 2250 PPM and not once did I have nute burns. The guys here are familur with the nutes your using so stick with what they are telling ya.

Probably will be a few days before I can check out your grow again Chappie. Have a minor heart attack and everyone freaks the hell out. Utterly ridiculous for a guy in his 50's to have to sneak just to get a few hits from a bowl but thats my lot in life since this weekend. I will check in when I can because I am really enjoying watching your journey here. :)

update:

Over the course of just a day I could notice the leaves that look like a phosphorus deficiency have gotten worse. I have taken everyone's advice and upped the ppms back to where I had them when the plant seemed to take off, then I added a little more on top of that as its a couple weeks past that now. Overall, aside from the 2 funky leaves on the larger plant they seem to be doing okay still... Hopefully the growth will pick back up now that they have a sufficient supply of nutrients.

E.C-.7
ppm-520-510
ph-6.2
res temp-68

couple picutres, although not much has changed.

20181003_054503.jpg 20181003_054442.jpg 20181003_055434.jpg

I agree totally with Lewy. Looked like a deficiency from the few charts I looked at and you probably should bump up the nutes a bit. You are doing a really good job Chappie, your girls look beautiful.
Thanks chop! Yes, I have decided to up the nutes back to where they were.
Probably will be a few days before I can check out your grow again Chappie. Have a minor heart attack and everyone freaks the hell out. Utterly ridiculous for a guy in his 50's to have to sneak just to get a few hits from a bowl but thats my lot in life since this weekend. I will check in when I can because I am really enjoying watching your journey here.
Chop, I'm sorry to hear that and I hope you are okay. Sounds like you have a lot of people looking out for you though. Yeah, that definitely sucks though having to sneak around for a couple hits...

update:

Over the course of just a day I could notice the leaves that look like a phosphorus deficiency have gotten worse. I have taken everyone's advice and upped the ppms back to where I had them when the plant seemed to take off, then I added a little more on top of that as its a couple weeks past that now. Overall, aside from the 2 funky leaves on the larger plant they seem to be doing okay still... Hopefully the growth will pick back up now that they have a sufficient supply of nutrients.

E.C-.7
ppm-520-510
ph-6.2
res temp-68

couple picutres, although not much has changed.

20181003_054503.jpg20181003_054442.jpg20181003_055434.jpg

They let me bring my laptop tp the hospital :) Your bad leaves, pinch them off. They are already damaged and wont ever get better and it makes you think things are far worse than they actually are. Any leaves wih damage pinch off and watch for new signs of problems. Your girls will talk to you real fast if there is a problem.

update:

Over the course of the last few days since upping the ppms to 520, the ppms started to drop down and is currently at 450. The ph has also dropped a few points from 6.2 to 5.8. I'm going to bring the ppm up a little bit more and see how they do with that.

still wish the little runt would start growing up haha. It's just a big ball of leaves. The bigger one looks to be growing at a descent pace, but I think the ppms are starting to slowly get dialed in.
Today I have added 7.5ml of bloom aqua, which brought the ppm up to 580.

ppm-580
ph-6.0
res temp-69

The last few days of numbers. I will have some pics up in a little while when the lights come on!
20181005_065528[1888].jpg

Man your plants are looking sweet. Even the runt is vibrant and beautiful. When do you plan on flipping her into flowering? Waiting to see how she looks after the three week stretch :)
Hey chop, how are you doing? I'm not to sure yet, since I got all messed up with my time frame I'm not 100% sure what week they are in right now hah. I'm just hanging out until I can start to see some preflowers, and I want to fill up the screen a bit yet. I'm a little worried I might wait to long though and run out of room during the stretch. I'm not sure on how much they will grow when I do flip them though...

Hey Chappie Im at home now and thanks for asking :) Just a lil heart issue :p

Going from your post your first one on Sept 13 said you was 9 days into flowering which means your seeds popped around 9-4. That will make you starting week 5 in veg if my math is right :) I always count from the day the seeds germinate with the exception of my hydro grow. I started counting on that plant the day the roots hit the water.

When you flip her into flowering she will go thru the stretch stage which in my experience it seems to last 3 to 4 weeks depending on the strain and then the girls will concentrate on putting all her energy into making buds. Each week of stretch a plant will usually almost double in size. That also has a lot to do with the strains genetics.

You have a huge scrog net so filling it might be challenging. It doesnt hurt to keep your girls into veg as long as you like and does pay off in the end with longer veg times. I always get impatient around this time in a grow. Many grows of mine was 3 weeks veg and flip and looking back I believe the grows could of been better if I just waited and kept her in veg a few weeks more. I think you wanting to keep your girls in veg for a few weeks more is a wise choice.

update:

Over the last few days the ppms have dropped from 580 to 500, so I know they are eating. I have added 7.5ml of bloom aqua a couple days ago and that brought the ppms up to 630. The ph has been drifting down now instead of up, as it previously was. I'm not sure if that's something to keep an eye on. The ph previously was 6.0 and it drifted down to 5.5, I added ph up and brought it back to 6.0, just in case it decides to drift up.

I raised my trellis net up to about 1 foot above the plants, this is the height I intend to keep it at and hopefully end up with the buds about 1 foot above the net. So far the smaller one is about 6 inches from the net and the larger one is about 2-3 inches away.

I'm noticing that the roots from the larger one are starting to grow through the pipe and into the smaller one. Has anyone experienced this and what is the best way to deal with it? I definitely wanna take care of it before it starts to offset my water levels.

ppm-610
ph-6.0
res temp-67

and some pictures. In order, the smaller one, larger one, and group shot.

20181010_071244.jpg 20181010_071221.jpg 20181010_071301.jpg

Back
Top Bottom