GoogleGenie Returns: Wedding Cake & Friends, Coco & RDWC, LED, ScrOG

Only 2 of the 5 Wedding Cake seeds i germinated have survived. I'm a little disappointed. I have another 2 on the way - Im hoping they arrive fast and that at least 1 germinates. The quality of the seeds I got from Barneys wan't great, most of them were very small.

I try to make sure I have at least 3 ladies in a system at any one time. With 2 I would need to veg for quite a long time to fill the screen.

What i really don't like doing, is having more than 1 strain in a single RDWC system. Case in point with the Blue Kush and Deep Cheese - The cheese is showing some deficiency while the Blue Kush is nute burnt. It makes dealing with this like this more painful than they need to be. And you need to hope that they finish up at the same time, so they can be flushed together. If i can, I will avoid this option.

My germination process is:

- Drop seeds in water + rhizotonic until they all drop (usually no more than 12hours).
- Move seeds to wet tissue for 48 hours
- Move seeds to Rockwool/Root riot cubes
- Keep cubes moist and warm

It usually works well.

Thanks @ChronicTrees . I haven't ever done any breeding, i would love to one day. I don't really have the space for it at the moment. I work out of an incredibly small space where i can just about fit 2 flowering tents and a veg tent, and small space to mix my nutes.

I did try some Cheese Kush in Amsterdam once - it was delicious :Rasta:
I always enjoyed the Cheese variety of strains. Deep Cheese, Triangle Cheese, Cheese Haze, and Blueberry Cheesecake. All great strains. I definitely would like to try Big Cheese, and UK Cheese again. Those were great. I’m going to end up
buying some Fruity Pebbles OG seeds, and starting a grow. Also going to try some Jesus OG, and Dark Devil eventually.
I can grow up to 5 plants at a time Indoors/Outdoors. Going to end up doing a split of 2 different strains for the 4 plants, and a different strain In the last pot. Most likely 2 Fruity Pebbles OG, 2 Skunk x Haze, and a Blueberry strain!

I always enjoyed the Cheese variety of strains. Deep Cheese, Triangle Cheese, Cheese Haze, and Blueberry Cheesecake. All great strains. I definitely would like to try Big Cheese, and UK Cheese again. Those were great. I’m going to end up
buying some Fruity Pebbles OG seeds, and starting a grow. Also going to try some Jesus OG, and Dark Devil eventually.
I completely agree, i very much enjoy a cheese. Being in the UK there used to be a lot of it flying around. Now though, you can only get hold of these super strong strains. Cheese is a rarity. Part of the reason i decided to start growing again, so I could have some control over what I consume. My partner also suffers from some ailments which cause chronic pain, so all of the plants i've been growing (up until now) have been CBD enriched strains.

The plants in this journal are the first non-CBD enriches strains i've grown in over 5 years.
I can grow up to 5 plants at a time Indoors/Outdoors. Going to end up doing a split of 2 different strains for the 4 plants, and a different strain In the last pot. Most likely 2 Fruity Pebbles OG, 2 Skunk x Haze, and a Blueberry strain!
Those sound like delicious strains - I look forward to seeing you grow them :thumb: I must say that is the pain with DWC, it's always best to stick to 1 strain in the system. One of the positives of growing in coco/soil, you have more flexibility over what you grow

The other ladies covered by this journal are looking good. Today was Day 1 of flower, having spent their first night in 10.5 hours of darkness, and first day in 13.5hours of light.

Those roots look as healthy as can be. Great job taking care of those girls. Definitely looking good. Have you used any root nutrients for your grow?

I completely agree, i very much enjoy a cheese. Being in the UK there used to be a lot of it flying around. Now though, you can only get hold of these super strong strains. Cheese is a rarity. Part of the reason i decided to start growing again, so I could have some control over what I consume. My partner also suffers from some ailments which cause chronic pain, so all of the plants i've been growing (up until now) have been CBD enriched strains.

The plants in this journal are the first non-CBD enriches strains i've grown in over 5 years.

Those sound like delicious strains - I look forward to seeing you grow them :thumb: I must say that is the pain with DWC, it's always best to stick to 1 strain in the system. One of the positives of growing in coco/soil, you have more flexibility over what you grow
Yeah. Soil has It’s perks. I would love to try hydroponically grown flower, It’s been awhile since. Smoking only soil grown for the past year or so. The trichomes come out extremely frosty/crystalline.

Those roots look as healthy as can be. Great job taking care of those girls. Definitely looking good. Have you used any root nutrients for your grow?
Thanks you Chronic. The roots are always my priority. Healthy roots = healthy plant.

I do use root stimulants yes. I use Plant Success Great White from sprout until the beginning of flowering. This is the one that does most of the heavy lifting and starts the plant off with a well established, microbe rich rhizosphere.

This is probably the most important stimulant i use, if i could only pick 1 root stimulant - it would be Great White.

I hand feed a root tonic for the first few days of veg and flowering to promote more root growth. The root tonic consists of:
- Great White
- AN Carboload
- AN Voodoo Juice (if i have it)

Side note for the DWC growers​

While growing in RDWC i include House and Garden Root Excelurator (Silver, Gold for when i grow in Coco) for the first 2 weeks, and then periodically until harvest. Also in RDWC, i use Botanicare Hydroguard through most of the flowering phase. Hydroguard is not only a great way to keep your roots healthy in DWC (especially if you don't use a chiller), it also works wonders for curing Root Rot.

When creating monster root systems, it's best to start from young (seedling or clone). Establish a strong rhizosphere when they are young, and they will thank you later on :bong::peace:

So another option I'm mulling over, is that if i do end up with only 2 x Wedding Cake, I may just keep them around, clone them, and in the mean time, for the next run, I do another Blue Kush run, using clones off of the clone I was supposed to throw away - but can't bring myself to do it...

So that was lucky :thumb: She has spent all of her life under Mars Hydro Reflector so far. Look how healthy she is!

This is a fantastic light for clones and young Veg. It is also good for flowering a single plant or a few small autos in the 60cmx120cm footprint of my veg space. I will eventually replace this light with a Mars Hydro FC 3000, but for now, the Reflector is working perfectly.

Thanks you Chronic. The roots are always my priority. Healthy roots = healthy plant.

I do use root stimulants yes. I use Plant Success Great White from sprout until the beginning of flowering. This is the one that does most of the heavy lifting and starts the plant off with a well established, microbe rich rhizosphere.

This is probably the most important stimulant i use, if i could only pick 1 root stimulant - it would be Great White.

I hand feed a root tonic for the first few days of veg and flowering to promote more root growth. The root tonic consists of:
- Great White
- AN Carboload
- AN Voodoo Juice (if i have it)

Side note for the DWC growers​

While growing in RDWC i include House and Garden Root Excelurator (Silver, Gold for when i grow in Coco) for the first 2 weeks, and then periodically until harvest. Also in RDWC, i use Botanicare Hydroguard through most of the flowering phase. Hydroguard is not only a great way to keep your roots healthy in DWC (especially if you don't use a chiller), it also works wonders for curing Root Rot.

When creating monster root systems, it's best to start from young (seedling or clone). Establish a strong rhizosphere when they are young, and they will thank you later on :bong::peace:
That sounds good. I may purchase that for my clones. Sounds like It work wonders! How much do you usually feed each time?

That sounds good. I may purchase that for my clones. Sounds like It work wonders! How much do you usually feed each time?
A little goes a long way. 1 scoop per gallon for seedlings and clones. And 1 scoop per 4 gallons, once every couple of weeks in veg will do. As far as i know you can't really "over-use" it, but it is a little pricey so I try not to. If you have the opportunity to sprinkle it directly on the roots (if you clone in an aero cloner for example) that works fantastically well. I mix some in with the coco for the seedlings, and sprinkle some on the bed when i do transplants.

A little goes a long way. 1 scoop per gallon for seedlings and clones. And 1 scoop per 4 gallons, once every couple of weeks in veg will do. As far as i know you can't really "over-use" it, but it is a little pricey so I try not to. If you have the opportunity to sprinkle it directly on the roots (if you clone in an aero cloner for example) that works fantastically well. I mix some in with the coco for the seedlings, and sprinkle some on the bed when i do transplants.
Great! I’ll definitely try that out. I feed every 3 days. So I’ll feed the Great White once every week or so. Thank’s for the tips! I’ll be posting pictures for an update on the growing cycle of my girls!

Great! I’ll definitely try that out. I feed every 3 days. So I’ll feed the Great White once every week or so. Thank’s for the tips! I’ll be posting pictures for an update on the growing cycle of my girls!
Looking forward to it @ChronicTrees :passitleft:

Hey guys, if you haven't already, I'd love to have you guys along for in my other journal - I'll probably be updating that more frequently due to the Mars competition, and it saves me double posting updates in here.

I'm hoping to share my learning on flowering under LED and in RDWC for the entire flowering period, and learn a thing or two from you lovely people too.

4 x Blue Kush in RDWC - LED - ScrOG

:Namaste:

Here is a snap of my 2 x Blue Kush and 1 x Deep Cheese at Day 34 of flower

They're coming along nicely.

In 11 days (~Day 45) they will get another defoliation, mainly the large fan leaves or fan leaves blocking bud sites. I do this for a few reasons, better air flow is a big one.

Some pictures from Day 36 flower.

A couple of shots of the Blue Kush buds

And the Deep Cheese

And here is a wider shot of the space

The EC of the system is sitting around 1.2 and the PH is floating between 5.7 - 6.1.

This has been a difficult grow due to growing 2 different strains in the same system. Trying to please them both has been complicated. At one point the Cheese was showing K deficiency, and the Blue Kush was a little nute burnt. However i think i have it under control. The ladies are flowering nicely now.

Some pictures from Day 36 flower.

A couple of shots of the Blue Kush buds

And the Deep Cheese

And here is a wider shot of the space

The EC of the system is sitting around 1.2 and the PH is floating between 5.7 - 6.1.

This has been a difficult grow due to growing 2 different strains in the same system. Trying to please them both has been complicated. At one point the Cheese was showing K deficiency, and the Blue Kush was a little nute burnt. However i think i have it under control. The ladies are flowering nicely now.
Looking great! Those buds look delicious. Harvest looks like It’s going to be really good. Are you aiming for clear, milky, or amber trichomes?

Looking great! Those buds look delicious. Harvest looks like It’s going to be really good. Are you aiming for clear, milky, or amber trichomes?
Hey @ChronicTrees , apologies, i totally missed this.

Fortunately these strains aren't too far apart in terms of Indica/Sativa split. Deep Cheese i believe is 60/40 and Blue Kush is 45/55. I'm really hoping they are both ready to flush at the same time - another pitfall of growing different strains in the same system.

Typically, for sativa strains i aim to flush when the majority of the trichomes are milky, to harvest when the amber trichomes cover 5-10% of the total. For indica strains I go as far as harvest when there are 25-30% amber.

Ideally I'd like the Blue Kush to have the majority milky trichomes, and the Deep cheese a few more amber.

Hey @ChronicTrees , apologies, i totally missed this.

Fortunately these strains aren't too far apart in terms of Indica/Sativa split. Deep Cheese i believe is 60/40 and Blue Kush is 45/55. I'm really hoping they are both ready to flush at the same time - another pitfall of growing different strains in the same system.

Typically, for sativa strains i aim to flush when the majority of the trichomes are milky, to harvest when the amber trichomes cover 5-10% of the total. For indica strains I go as far as harvest when there are 25-30% amber.

Ideally I'd like the Blue Kush to have the majority milky trichomes, and the Deep cheese a few more amber.
I like the couch lock effect very much, so for me, amber Is the way to go a lot of the time. I go with clear/milky aswell. This harvest I’m going to go for milky trichomes. Feeding Terpinator Is part of It, as the Terpinator helps trichome production a lot. Eventually when I hit my second grow, after these girl’s harvest, I’ll be growing some cheese, and other Indicas, which I’ll be aiming for amber trichomes.

Back
Top Bottom