GoogleGenie's Fruity Chronic & Cheese Grow - Hydro - 2300W LED

Thanks KJC. I think the main cause of these deficiencies must be the temperature because they drop way below 65f at night at the moment. I could probably help keep the temperature a bit higher in the room by controlling the speed of my extract fans, because they currently run full blast 24/7.

Can anyone recommend a good, silent, fan speed controller for a 5" ruck fan. I know that there is an input on the fan especially for a controller.

And a humidifier, can anyone recommend one which would be suitable for a 1.2mx1.2m space?

Thanks again for the clarification here KJC :)

I am using a Titan Controls Mercury 3 - Day/Night Fan Controller in my grow areas to regulate the temperature. I have the daytime temperature set at 80° Fahrenheit and nighttime at the minimum setting to allow proper air circulation.

(Click on the photograph for a direct link to the product)

Titan Controls® Mercury 3 - Day/Night Fan Controller - Perfect Gardens

KingJohnC's Green Sun LED Lights Znet4 Aeroponic Indoor Grow Journal & Review

KingJohnC's Lush Lighting LED Dominator 2x Soil Indoor Grow Journal & Review

Here is a Titan Controls Saturn 5 - Digital Environmental Controller with CO2 Timer that is in use in several of my Grow Journal and Reviews. You simply extend the sensor where you wish to have the area monitored and program the Titan Controls Saturn 5 - Digital Environmental Controller with CO2 Timer to your desired range. The Titan Controls Saturn 5 - Digital Environmental Controller with CO2 Timer can be used to control either a humidifier or dehumidifier.

(Click on the photograph for a direct link to the product)

The Titan Controls Saturn 5 - Digital Environmental Controller with CO2 Timer can control a fan, either a humidifier or dehumidifier and control CO2.

KingJohnC's Twilight Groups LED 432W Spider COB Seed Cabinet Grow Journal & Review

KingJohnC's Lush Lighting LED Lumenator 2x Black Widow Grow Journal & Review

When necessary I use a Honeywell cool mist humidifier to raise the humidity in my grow area. The Honeywell cool mist humidifier has a large reservoir reducing daily labor of refilling the water reservoir.

KingJohnC_s_and_Labexperiment_s_Brainstorm_Haze_11-19-2013_-_011.JPG

The Screen look's awesome Google.:goodjob:
Hope you got that def, under control.:Namaste:

Thank you my friend :)

Increasing the temperature definitely appeared to make the plants happier. I'll have to make sure to keep a closer eye on it in future, but hey, this is a learning process ;)

Thanks for checking in Jimmy, hope all is well in your world! You have some beauties as usual :thumb:

Hi GG. Great journal! I came across this through cultivators journals and I'm glad I did! :)
I have 2 quick questions...
1. With daily watering in coco/perlite what % of pot size do you put through? I was thinking 10%... I.E. 5L a day in 50L pots.
2. Do you use Voodoo juice for the whole veg period or just early then first two weeks of flower? Due to my setup I have a long veg cycle.. Usually 8-10 weeks.
Hope you are still around and killing it like this grow!!

Hi GG. Great journal! I came across this through cultivators journals and I'm glad I did! :)
I have 2 quick questions...
1. With daily watering in coco/perlite what % of pot size do you put through? I was thinking 10%... I.E. 5L a day in 50L pots.
2. Do you use Voodoo juice for the whole veg period or just early then first two weeks of flower? Due to my setup I have a long veg cycle.. Usually 8-10 weeks.
Hope you are still around and killing it like this grow!!

Hey, I'm so sorry for the delay! I've been travelling around and don't journal that much these days.

1. I never use anything bigger than a 12litre smart pot now. I have done in the past, by find there really is no need (unless you have a mother with an enormous root mass) plus, the bigger pots take longer to dry out. I pull 100g per plant easy in coco perlite this way, and could probably get more. I normally put through about 20-25% whenever the plant needs it, it might be daily, it might be every other day. I water when the coco is barely moist. It allows for more oxygen in the root zone that way. If you don't allow it to dry out enough you won't get the most from them.

2. I use voodoo juice for the first 2 weeks of veg and flower. No more than that, it's wasteful and that stuff is expensive.

Another tip, which I know cult would disagree with, but it works better for me. Periodically flush your coco medium. End of veg, day 21 and 2 weeks before your pre-harvest flush. Salt build up can occur in coco and when it does you will see it in your canopy. Nothing major, just flush until your run off is within a reasonable range (I aim for no more than 1.6ec)

Hope this helps, and happy growing

GG

Hey guys

It's been a long time! I hope you are all well and growing fruitfully ;)

I just wanted to post my 10pence on growing autos and to dispel a myth.

I currently have 3 blue cheese autos, on about day 30 of flower. I fimmed all 3 of these on the 5th node...that's right

I FIMMED MY AUTOS!
AND WITH GREAT SUCCESS
( as well as LST'd them throughout veg)

And wow, they have loved it! They are the biggest auto's I've ever had. They are all very healthy and are sitting pretty under 20/4 (light/dark).

This time arond, I've been using rain water instead of my regular tap water and WOW what a difference. Usually my tap water registers around 0.5ec, the rainwater however is 0ec (naturally). Because of this I have been able to up the amount of cal-mag I give them. Particularely from week 4 of flower, I increased the calmag supplement to fullstrength and will keep it this way until a couple of week before harvest, when I will start to decrease my ec as a whole.

I haven't seen a single deficiency, very few of the stems on the fan leaves are red compared to my previous grows (which may indicate mg deficiency).

All in all, it's all good. I'll post some picks later today or tomorrow to show you all.

So...

Im summary

1. Autos CAN be topped/fimmed - Provided flowering has not started yet (There are no pistills visible or any other signs that the plant is preparing to flower). So keep a close eye on them and do it ASAP.

2. And shy of installing a RO system, I will be collecting and using rainwater going forward. And maybe mixing it with tap water if i dont have enough (as a last resort)

I wish you all a happy and green rest of the week! Viva Las Vegas!

GG

Back
Top Bottom