Second Grow - Cheese!

Love your grow, i just started my first grow and im doing cheese, your yield looked really good, what would you say to expect?

Thanks dirwin85 ;) I would hate to speculate how much you will pull off your grow. I think it really depends on what your setup is, how long you veg, what kind of lights your running, etc... I pulled a little over 4 oz off the two mothers, but my room was not dialed in and I was starving them from Co2. I am hoping to pull at least 2 oz a plant this go around as I learn more about the strain. I am seeing one phenotype that does not like aggressive nutes and the other seems fine with a regular dose. Good luck on your grow and keep me posted on how things turn out.

I am very curious to, the site i got my seeds off of said i should get 500 g's a plant which is outrageous and i don't really expect that. i am using 155 watts of full spectrum LED's and growing 4 plants... my first one just popped the ground today

Update - Bloom day 20.

So I definately burned the crap out of a few of the plants. One of the two mothers was extremely sensitive to any nutrients and the clones from that mother carried that trait over. The other mother plant didn't seem to have that problem. I am wondering if other people have had similiar issues with different strains? It also seems I am subconsciously determined to fuck up this grow....I was working in the room yesterday and had the room light on and forgot to turn it off...so the plants got a full 24 hours of light :( . Anyways, the growth is still good and the first signs of frost are showing up. Here are the pics:

Cheese-Bloom1.jpg

Cheese-Bloom2.jpg

Cheese-Bloom3.jpg

Cheese-Bloom4.jpg

As always, input and comments are appreciated.

Peace!

Great journal! Just found it. What a room you built!! What's up with the color of that DIY cloner though? J/K. Your plants look great! How's that split AC doing against the CO2? Its a battle in my room for sure. I am thinking about ways to hook the split to my controller. Does yours have a day/nite temp or do you just leave it constant?

Really healthy looking plants!

:nicethread::bravo::peace:

+Reps

Great journal! Just found it. What a room you built!! What's up with the color of that DIY cloner though? J/K. Your plants look great! How's that split AC doing against the CO2? Its a battle in my room for sure. I am thinking about ways to hook the split to my controller. Does yours have a day/nite temp or do you just leave it constant?

Really healthy looking plants!

+Reps

Thanks Papa for dropping in.....the mini split is working great with the Co2 burner. I am running all 4 burners to maximize the Co2 output in the shortest amount of time. Since the room is kind of small and sealed, the burner doesnt have to kick on all the time and the controller allows the levels to drift down to 1300 ppm before kicking back on. I believe my a/c has a day/nite temp function, but I have been keeping it constant at 78 for the time being....we will see in the upcoming months how well it really performs because the temps where I live get pretty hot.

Peace!

Hey man I love the room you made, it looks awesome. I can not wait to own a home and be able to do that!

I read back on the other page someone said something about your watt per sq ft is low. I beg to differ because your not using the entire space to grow. I could see that being a valid point if you had plants from wall to wall and using only 1200 watts but you don't. You have a select number of plants under core saturation of 1200watts that is something very very different in my book.

I agree with you on the burner, my only question is if you looked into hydro innovations hydro gen pro or any of there products? They carry a line up of burners but they are water cooled and you dont need a chiller to cool them. Just a 30 gal resv depending on the size of the room and run time of the burner. but your room is small enough where you could get away with a small resv with no chiller. They are pretty cheap too, I mean not super cheap but considering the ROI it is.

I also read somewhere you asked about a split a/c system? I dont know what that is but from what I gathered from your picks it looks like your using a portable a/c unit. One that rolls or moves easily. My question is, does that unit have only a single exhaust hose? If so that is not good. Single exhaust hose portable a/c units are bad in the grow room if you supplement with co2 because they dont recycle the air in the room. They actual create a negative pressure in the room. They suck air out and pull air threw all the cracks, doors, hinges whatever and they are super super super x75 inefficient.

The carbon filter you have, does it do the job in removing all your oders? I think I saw the same one on ebay and wanted to buy it but was unsure.

Anyways, awesome thread brotha! Your set up it super nice and clean. Mad props and I hope a kick ass, jaw dropping harvest for you :yummy: :nicethread:

Hey man I love the room you made, it looks awesome. I can not wait to own a home and be able to do that!

I read back on the other page someone said something about your watt per sq ft is low. I beg to differ because your not using the entire space to grow. I could see that being a valid point if you had plants from wall to wall and using only 1200 watts but you don't. You have a select number of plants under core saturation of 1200watts that is something very very different in my book.

I agree with you on the burner, my only question is if you looked into hydro innovations hydro gen pro or any of there products? They carry a line up of burners but they are water cooled and you dont need a chiller to cool them. Just a 30 gal resv depending on the size of the room and run time of the burner. but your room is small enough where you could get away with a small resv with no chiller. They are pretty cheap too, I mean not super cheap but considering the ROI it is.

I also read somewhere you asked about a split a/c system? I dont know what that is but from what I gathered from your picks it looks like your using a portable a/c unit. One that rolls or moves easily. My question is, does that unit have only a single exhaust hose? If so that is not good. Single exhaust hose portable a/c units are bad in the grow room if you supplement with co2 because they dont recycle the air in the room. They actual create a negative pressure in the room. They suck air out and pull air threw all the cracks, doors, hinges whatever and they are super super super x75 inefficient.

The carbon filter you have, does it do the job in removing all your oders? I think I saw the same one on ebay and wanted to buy it but was unsure.

Anyways, awesome thread brotha! Your set up it super nice and clean. Mad props and I hope a kick ass, jaw dropping harvest for you :yummy: :nicethread:

Thanks for the comments and questions :thanks:

I thought about the hydro gen solution, but I have a CAP Ebb & Grow that will be going into the room in near future so I couldnt keep an additional res in there. I did get the hydro gen Co2 controller and it works like a champ. I ended up ditching the portable a/c (single hose) when I decided to seal the room up and went with 12,000 btu mini-split a/c (sometimes called a ductless a/c) so there would be no loss of Co2 in the room. I run a small carbon filter in my room and so far it keeps the odors at bay, but I am going to upgrade to a larger one on the next grow and add a hepa filter as well.

Peace !

Just checking in on the journal. Very nice I like how you built your own Grow room. Locky you have the space for that. Cant wait to get my own property. Anyhow back to you, the benefits of hydro is that you can flush and see results within 48 hours. Anyhow nice plants you got going. Lol Papa hating on the pink the ladies love the pink lolz cant say i have one of them though. Very fine job though especially on the grow room. :rollit:

Bloom day 36 - the plants are still alive, but it's not like I haven't tried to be the Dr. Jack Kevorkian of MJ growing on this run. Looks like they are going to limp across the finish line. It's rather embarrasing to post, but sometimes I have to fall hard before I get up and do things better.

Pics:

CheeseBloom-day36-1.jpg

CheeseBloom-day36-2.jpg

CheeseBloom-day36-3.jpg

CheeseBloom-day36-4.jpg

CheeseBloom-day36-5.jpg

CheeseBloom-day36-6.jpg

CheeseBloom-day36-7.jpg

Also, a question for everyone who reads this journal....Whats the shortest flowering time you have run across while growing?

Thanks for tuning in.

Peace :peace:

I have heard of strains that have a flowering time in the 45 - 55 day range but haven't actually experienced it myself.

Thanks for sharing your grow with us, insane420!

I’m moving this to completed journals now.

And thanks for sharing your current grow with us. For those who've missed it, it is Insane420 goes organic - 3rd grow - AK48 & King's Kush!

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom