Small LED Grow

Decided to mess around at my home, live in a small studio apartment, so kept things really small. Was given a UFO LED from a friend which had half the lights broken, still under warranty so sent it in and got it fixed ;)

Equipment:

1) Dark Room 40 - 1'4" x 1'4" x 3'11"
2) 90 watt LED UFO (supposedly equivalent to 400 watt HID)
3) 54 watt HO T-5 (grow and bloom bulbs, currently under grow bulb)
4) Sunleaves 4" (65 CFM) In-Line Fan for exhaust
5) 3 gallon grow bag
6) Soil is a custom blend of Sunshine #4, FFOF, Just Right Xtra, Barefoot Soil (worm castings w/ cocoons), Xtreme Gardening Mykos

Plants:

Starting with three clones, one didn't make it ("This isn't a hospital" mentality). Got them from a buddy, supposedly Buddha Cheese, however have a slight feeling that it's not.

My soil is solid with fertilizer, used only water, and will for first 3 weeks. Planted in tent on Oct 21, have watered twice so far.

I will post pics tomorrow! Trying out the LED + T-5 combo. So far things are great, healthy, and bushy. :grinjoint:

Planted in the tent on October 21, 2010. This pic is the nexy day.

IMG_20101022_142047.jpg

Next pic below is almost two weeks later. I ended up losing on of the clones, no clue why, it just died off. But the remaining two look healthy.

IMG_20101103_235440.jpg

November 6, 2010

I foliar sprayed the two ladies with Cal Carb from Xtreme Gardening (CO2 foliar spray). Also went and bought a 6" Air King 2-Speed Clip-On fan, and a dual-outlet timer.

I also measured them and they are now at 8" so I decided to shorten the light to 14/10 from 24. I think I should have gone to 16/8 first though as I forgot I was going to prune the bottom 1/3 tomorrow, however not that big of a deal. I decided to mess around with a shorten light cycle, rather then jump to 12/12 and/or going with the 36-48 hour darkness period.

They look sweet, sexy, and green. Still haven't used anything but water, and only watered twice so far.

November 7, 2010

First time tent was shut off while I was sleeping, forgot how quiet my room can be :rollit: although I still don't mind it (the tent on).

I pruned the bottom 1/3 of the plant, or any area I felt was being pretty shaded. Now I can see my grow medium much better which is ideal IMO. I examined all my cut off leaves and they all looked great and healthy. No deficiencies, or any negative signs :wood:
They just had white powder spots, which is from the Cal Carb product, if no one tells you it can appear to be PM sometimes.

I am going to put the timer to 15/9 today. Environment is staying 75-79 F & 47-55 Humidity.

I had gotten resourceful and just used some string out of a UFC plastic bag I got from UFC 121 to hang the LED. I cut the string a bit to much so the light is higher then I would prefer (I like to take advantage of the LED not burning the plant at all). ;)

IMG_20101107_182737.jpg

IMG_20101107_183641.jpg

IMG_20101107_220330.jpg

Everything is lookin good so far.

I did end up adding some more soil to the top. Also I looked over my trimmed leaves and noticed I had some spider-mite eggs on the bottom. Perfect lesson for newbies! Although I had a beautiful plant, the leaves were healthy as can be, no signs of spider-mites, no spotting nothing! I still ended up finding eggs, which I'm happy about, I caught them early on by being proactive and not assuming all was well.

If I never took my microscope to my leaves I wouldn't have known until i was already flowering. Be proactive!

Anyhow I treated them with SNS-217 and I will treat it with it once more in about 2 days as it's almost been 7 days. Luckily I probably took off tons of eggs with pruning, but SNS-217 those babies just in case :)

I recently fed with nutes for the first time. Only some Bud Candy and Hygrozyme though, I love my soil.

All is well, temperature stays around 72-79 both lights on and off. Humidity is always 40-50% and my lights are currently on 13/11 probably going to switch to 12/12 tonight.

November 11, 2010

IMG_20101111_005542.jpg

IMG_20101111_005600.jpg

From the above picture I need to prune the bottom a bit more then I did IMO.

IMG_20101111_005549.jpg

Those pads are the Green Pad which release CO2 into the room when humidity is 35-50% or when you spray water on them. They're a great product for rooms 5x5 or smaller!

Just in my tiny tent I'm pumping plenty of light, have perfect hum/temp and I'm giving them CO2. I love growing. :grinjoint:

Experiencing explosive growth. I've pruned twice now and it hardly looks like it, haha. All is well, applied SNS-217 again this past Monday, and will probably do one last application this coming Monday, just for good measure.

November 14, 2010

IMG_20101114_174811.jpg

Gave it a bit more pruning of the bottom to focus energy up top.

IMG_20101114_174826.jpg

Seeing the plants so often sometimes I don't see the changes much until I go through pictures. Man I was blazing the other night looking at pictures and holy crap have they shot up! Pictures above are the 14th, below is the 18th, within 4 days they grew insanely big AND they had just under-gone prune stress.

November 18, 2010

IMG_20101118_001620.jpg

IMG_20101118_001639.jpg

Gave them a foliar feed of Pure Blend Pro Bloom on this day as well. It's been about a week and half into a flower light cycle, considering I went with slowly decreasing light on.

All is well over here. They're so damn bushy they're out growing the tent, even though I flipped at 8"!

Gotta love the UFC man, way better then boxing IMO. I enjoy boxing as a sport but UFC is much more entertaining, for me anyway. I had my first boxing lesson this week too, fun stuff man.

I feel you about the MMA forums, everyones an expert right?

That's why I like the more traditional UFC fighters like Lyoto. It's all about being humble, and respectful.

There's a difference between an MMA fighter and a Martial Artist, IMHO.

Gotta love the UFC man, way better then boxing IMO. I enjoy boxing as a sport but UFC is much more entertaining, for me anyway. I had my first boxing lesson this week too, fun stuff man.

I feel you about the MMA forums, everyones an expert right?

That's why I like the more traditional UFC fighters like Lyoto. It's all about being humble, and respectful.

There's a difference between an MMA fighter and a Martial Artist, IMHO.

Lyoto got robbed last night!!

But, yea they do tend to try and be experts. Not like over here. Here, someone will warn you that they are not an expert and just giving their opinion.

Back
Top Bottom