600W LED Grow

re: GLH 600W LED Grow

Alright so today i change up my drip system and just made my own dripers. i tool some 1/4 tubing, drilled 4 holes in a cross patten, and put a T fitting at the end. it actualy works really good, nice consent drip not too fast and not too slow, very even watering threw out the pot. check it out

new_setup_007_600x449.jpg

new_setup_009_600x449.jpg

new_setup_008_600x449.jpg

Ingredients: Canadian sphagnum peat moss, coarse grade perlite, gypsum, dolomitic lime and Sun Gro's long-lasting wetting agent.

that should be fine right? The girl will be in their homes this weekend.

Do you have the new lights in already or are you going to start the grow with the GLH 300 you already have? .V.

Do you have the new lights in already or are you going to start the grow with the GLH 300 you already have? .V.

no dont have the lights yet, so i am going to start the grow with my GLH 600w not 300. the 300's is what i am going to have on the way. just waiting my turn for the lights to come in. others were before me so ill have them in a few weeks maybe? as long as i have them before flowering i dont care.

no dont have the lights yet, so i am going to start the grow with my GLH 600w not 300. the 300's is what i am going to have on the way. just waiting my turn for the lights to come in. others were before me so ill have them in a few weeks maybe? as long as i have them before flowering i dont care.

I knew you had a 600 just too stoned to think straight. Thanks man. .V.

:rofl: you crack me up bro. I got those RH meters in today for the curing, put them in my jars and they seem to work good, my RH is right where it needs to be. i guess i was doing something right with my curing.lol

I looked into those RH meters and could only think of one downfall...the battery. So I'm gonna go the analog route with no batteries to fail me and just a dial and a needle indicating where it's at. Gonna get three at $7.00 each wiht free shipping, e-bay also. .V.
Where is your rh at now?

I looked into those RH meters and could only think of one downfall...the battery. So I'm gonna go the analog route with no batteries to fail me and just a dial and a needle indicating where it's at. Gonna get three at $7.00 each wiht free shipping, e-bay also. .V.
Where is your rh at now?

ya i here you. my RH is at 61%

Where is your rh at now?

Hah, I ordered a digital one for 7 dollars. Damn hearing aid batteries are going to cost more than the device though... I had a bad dream my stash went mouldy last night... because I got impatient and rather than waiting for the stem snap, let them dry out in the jar with the lid off... which actually takes longer in my climate/jars I have found out. I actually did the reverse of burping, and sealed them up a few hours everyday until the first branches I pulled were dry enough to revert to opening them up a few hours a day instead. Smells like I got a bit of fermentation now some of the stuff is dry. Hah, livin on the edge, without my RH meter. Hope it arrives soon...

Does anyone find they get a bit of fermentation in the jar? I suppose this is the point of curing. This is my first time so...

Interesting method you made up. :cool: What temps were they at day and night? Were they stored packed tightly in the jars? In the dark?

Well, the jars were stored in the dark, but received artificial light when I opened up my cab to work. It has been roughly 20-25 C constant as my lights come on at night when the temp drops and are off during the day when its warmer.

Seems packing dampish buds in a jar makes them compact over time anyhow, but I regularly (twice a day minimum) took them out, aired them a little, maybe even throw them on the scales to check weight, and repack with the drier ones to the bottom and the damper ones to the top. When it was all a bit too crisp for my liking I'd throw the lid on and wait a few hours. Then reversed it when it seemed right so it was mostly closed and I was just burping them as usual.

Probably damaged the surface trichs this way with so much handling, but I was pretty careful. If things dried out too much (one of my plants was pretty dry right after harvest) a bit of fresh stem in the jar did the trick. If you are paying too much attention to the jars anyway, its hard to have them go moldy. :cheer:

EDIT: Yes actually, they were rather compact in the jars despite being warned not to do this, but I rearranged and smoked a little and I assume they lost some mass from drying and now there is room for them to be not so compact. I just shake the jar with the lid closed and they bunch out and take up all the room again.

the way i cured this last crop was right on the money when i put my new RH meter in yesterday. i just let them sit in the jars for 12hr then opend it for 1hr and repeated this every 12hr. this is by far the best cure i have ever did. i will always do it this way from now on. the RH meter read perfect when in the jars. if they went into the jars a little wet i would open it for 2hr every 12hr.

now since i have my meter, the guessing work is done for me now on.lol.
but the way i did it without the meter was tits.

the way i cured this last crop was right on the money when i put my new RH meter in yesterday. i just let them sit in the jars for 12hr then opend it for 1hr and repeated this every 12hr. this is by far the best cure i have ever did. i will always do it this way from now on. the RH meter read perfect when in the jars. if they went into the jars a little wet i would open it for 2hr every 12hr.

now since i have my meter, the guessing work is done for me now on.lol.
but the way i did it without the meter was tits.

still waiting on mine RH meter, alas I just found some mold, so i messed up with my slap-shod technique lol... I'm air drying the hell out of what is left with a fan.

Ech, seems the stem snap really is important, at least the smaller stems...

Kandahari, I'm almost ashamed to admit it but the curing part has been the weak link in my growing process for the last five years. During the drying process I would become impatient and concerned that I might over dry and pop everything in to the jars too soon. The end result always being a brownish, weak smelling pile of disappointment, but it got you high so I just went along with it and never put 2 and 2 together. The problem all along as I see it was the bud was never allowed to dry to the point where when put into the jars, it wouldn't ferment to a point. We all know of waiting for stem snap but I read and I can't remember where, snap the stem within a bud. I was snapping visible stems, and the buds were still too wet to be jarred. So long story short, this last run I dried it to a point way past anywhere I've dried harvests before and the end results are what I have been waiting for all these years. True bag appeal and a quality aromatic bud that tastes good. And to my surprise, a tad of moisture, just enough, came back. It was a long lesson to learn for me. I'm hoping a humidity meter will give me a better grasp on what's going on. Irish turned me onto a small tutorial on the use of a meter, have you seen it, If not I can pm it to you. Good luck and let me know how your cure works out, you need not go through the bullshit I did Bro. .V.
p.s. just my 2 cents

Kandahari, I'm almost ashamed to admit it but the curing part has been the weak link in my growing process for the last five years. During the drying process I would become impatient and concerned that I might over dry and pop everything in to the jars too soon. The end result always being a brownish, weak smelling pile of disappointment, but it got you high so I just went along with it and never put 2 and 2 together. The problem all along as I see it was the bud was never allowed to dry to the point where when put into the jars, it wouldn't ferment to a point. We all know of waiting for stem snap but I read and I can't remember where, snap the stem within a bud. I was snapping visible stems, and the buds were still too wet to be jarred. So long story short, this last run I dried it to a point way past anywhere I've dried harvests before and the end results are what I have been waiting for all these years. True bag appeal and a quality aromatic bud that tastes good. And to my surprise, a tad of moisture, just enough, came back. It was a long lesson to learn for me. I'm hoping a humidity meter will give me a better grasp on what's going on. Irish turned me onto a small tutorial on the use of a meter, have you seen it, If not I can pm it to you. Good luck and let me know how your cure works out, you need not go through the bullshit I did Bro. .V.
p.s. just my 2 cents

Definitely take your point about the stem within the bud. The few colas I have that rotted to the stem definitely prove this.

I did see that tutorial if I am thinking of the same one. That's what caused me to get an RH meter. Although shipping from China takes forever. =(

I am snap drying with a fan on high, about 2 hours per 1.5 oz. Should be done relatively soon. Now I am going to have to sterilize my jars again. I have some 50 percent H202, think a 10 percent dilution would kill the spores?

Total mess up, but I will learn for next time. This is my first harvest so :grinjoint:

Lost only maybe 10 or so grams after cutting out anything visible. Will probably experiment with some bubble with that, I have read the mold floats and can be skimmed and I have perfected a quick drying method for bubble/gumby to hopefully prevent any further spore germination.

Definitely take your point about the stem within the bud. The few colas I have that rotted to the stem definitely prove this.

I did see that tutorial if I am thinking of the same one. That's what caused me to get an RH meter. Although shipping from China takes forever. =(

I am snap drying with a fan on high, about 2 hours per 1.5 oz. Should be done relatively soon. Now I am going to have to sterilize my jars again. I have some 50 percent H202, think a 10 percent dilution would kill the spores?

Total mess up, but I will learn for next time. This is my first harvest so :grinjoint:

Lost only maybe 10 or so grams after cutting out anything visible. Will probably experiment with some bubble with that, I have read the mold floats and can be skimmed and I have perfected a quick drying method for bubble/gumby to hopefully prevent any further spore germination.

Never had it wet to the point where it molded so I can't say about the H2O2. All I ever read was that mold was bad medicine so you may have to throw away mold affected areas. Again I have no experience with mold but for me I wouldn't take the chance. .V.

Never had it wet to the point where it molded so I can't say about the H2O2. All I ever read was that mold was bad medicine so you may have to throw away mold affected areas. Again I have no experience with mold but for me I wouldn't take the chance. .V.

Yer I know everyone is concerned about mold and lung infections, me especially as I get sick pretty easily. I'm gonna give the bubble a try though, I will keep it as a separate batch that way the only thing I am wasting is time and ice. The way I see it I am already going to be smoking some spores, unless I throw the whole harvest out, and I caught the mold way too early to consider that.

So I will try bubble with the moldy stuff and report back. Hopefully will be ok.

ive given it a few trail runs and so far so good, but i need to buy a bigger pump today to get it running right.

Many people grow this way with 100% perlite called Hempy Buckets, but this is the 1st i have seen mix with SunShine. the onlt thing that could go wrong is the soil will sift down into the res and get thing soggy, but i have 2" of extra perlite above the res to prevent this for happening. so lets hop it works,as far as everything els these Hempy buckets are bullet proof. This will be very interesting to see how this works with the plants?

Got me hooked now! Can't wait to see it deliver the goods.:cheer:

Back
Top Bottom