LED Grow Test

re: LED GROW TEST. 126W hydro grow led VS. 180W

where did u get the big ufo at? never seen one with 4 fans. they seem to be doin the job im running 2 ufos

re: LED GROW TEST. 126W hydro grow led VS. 180W

That is a prosource worlwide UFO. Jumbo UFO they call it. Double the watts of a standard type UFO. About 15" I think in diameter. Pretty cool actually.

-Go

Re: LED GROW TEST. 126W hydro grow led VS. 180W

what was the end result? which led worked best from veg to end of bloom cycle? my 600w hps gives off alot of heat in my 5by5

cool. seems like you'll beat the heat & save on the power bill but get a skimpy harvest. i hope your led grow goes well.

yeah,
if you mean the prosource in florida, wow do they have alot of experience...i have been using their lites for 2 yrs now and love them....don't have a problem with weight either...or if i do, then i don't know it....i use them in every phase of the grow....love them, alot cheaper per month...and no heat...and that is great in the summer....lavendar:yummy:

yeah,
if you mean the prosource in florida, wow do they have alot of experience...i have been using their lites for 2 yrs now and love them....don't have a problem with weight either...or if i do, then i don't know it....i use them in every phase of the grow....love them, alot cheaper per month...and no heat...and that is great in the summer....lavendar:yummy:

any pics of ur PS grow??

yep,
follow the lavendar link below...fifth, but fist continual, grow below....also have pics to put up of the clones and seedlings, and they used leds, also....will try to get those up today....alot of pics.....lavendar..

h2o2o kills spider mites and any other nastys you might come across add 1 tblspoon per gallon make a spray solution of 1% about 100 parts distilled or water left overnite so the chemicals chlorine & floride evapourate and 1 part oxygen peroxide it also oxygenates the root system proting faster growth and bigger yields keep doing that great job your doing with the LED lights you have brought me back to the fold I had stopped using mine even though its only 90 watt pro source ufo great veg Ill just add some cfl sirals for more penetration on the side and use my rainforrest 318

Love to see these kind of comparitive tests m8 so nice work!

Be great if is could be a test of 400w or so as is the average power everyone seems to use. I would suspect that yields aint great for 3 plants under 180w or 125w so its a little bit of which is the best at poor light levels which may not translate into the bigger options neccassarily.

Hope that dont sound negative, I just mean it be great if this can be tried over much higher wattages and the differences compared in outlay costs and running costs etc as led could certianly be a future for many growers once they are affordable at higher ends.

what wattage do the leds go up to nowadays?

Keep it up

:thumb:

Be great if is could be a test of 400w or so as is the average power everyone seems to use. I would suspect that yields aint great for 3 plants under 180w or 125w so its a little bit of which is the best at poor light levels which may not translate into the bigger options neccassarily.

Hope that dont sound negative, I just mean it be great if this can be tried over much higher wattages and the differences compared in outlay costs and running costs etc as led could certianly be a future for many growers once they are affordable at higher ends.

what wattage do the leds go up to nowadays?

Keep it up

ya it would have been cool to do a side by side with 400w+ but each company didnt want to see me that much of a costly light for free. plus i also wanted to use the smaller watt light because what the company's claim. 126w=400w hps and 180w=600w hps. so it was kinda cool to see if each light could work as claimed.
if you look at my sig a different company sent me the highest powered led light to grow with witch is 600w, check it out

Irishboy definitely has it going on with the high powered version!

We are working on a 420 sponsored 400 HPS vs. 300 LED...

Excellent stuff then Irish and Obx.

Didnt realise the claims were that high 126w=400w hps and 180w=600w hps , they do 'seem' a little under average size so far. i need to read this entire thing so forgive me for not doing it first. 80 pages will take some getting through but ceratinly inspiration enough to do so and will read the other relative info too.

I live in the desert so heat maybe an issue come summer and aircon can cost a bit along with the lights. The future is certainly likely to be led just how far that is til it is commonplace and affordable is the question I guess.

Keep it up!

Excellent stuff then Irish and Obx.

Didnt realise the claims were that high 126w=400w hps and 180w=600w hps , they do 'seem' a little under average size so far. i need to read this entire thing so forgive me for not doing it first. 80 pages will take some getting through but ceratinly inspiration enough to do so and will read the other relative info too.

I live in the desert so heat maybe an issue come summer and aircon can cost a bit along with the lights. The future is certainly likely to be led just how far that is til it is commonplace and affordable is the question I guess.

Keep it up!

this grow test finished under avarge IMO. both lights didnt come close to as claim.

now on my 600W LED Grow this lights seem to be doing ok for the time its in.

ive grown in 100F* weather with leds and my plant lived. plants dont seem to get heat stress as bad with leds because it dosent put off as much radiant heat as HID.

both of my threads have good info on leds, and their are many others here that have great info also.

pro source makes a 700 watt light $2700 they claim equivlince of aprox 2400 watts hid I wish they would contact a couple of our led growers and have another showdown compete with running forums pics a complete journal soil types nutes ph levels ventilation co2, carbon filters sizes strains used air stones bubblers hopefully they are smart enough to use hydrogen peroxide in any grow room

Hi Irish,
This is one of my first posts. I have been following your posts here, and would like to applaud your efforts. It seems you have tried to remain unbiased (as a scientist, i know this can be pretty difficult!) I tried to find the results from your 126w vs. 180w but could not find the results within the final melee.
Would you mind summarizing?

I am looking to start a veg-only room, with and out-door finish (since we almost always have 12/12 light in Hawaii.) It looked like both lights performed similarly during the veg stage. Does that sound about right to you?

Sorry to bother, and thanks for all the great information already provided.
peace

Hi Irish,
This is one of my first posts. I have been following your posts here, and would like to applaud your efforts. It seems you have tried to remain unbiased (as a scientist, i know this can be pretty difficult!) I tried to find the results from your 126w vs. 180w but could not find the results within the final melee.
Would you mind summarizing?

I am looking to start a veg-only room, with and out-door finish (since we almost always have 12/12 light in Hawaii.) It looked like both lights performed similarly during the veg stage. Does that sound about right to you?

Sorry to bother, and thanks for all the great information already provided.
peace

at the end the 126w had a real good size plant that made it win the yield. but i still believe that the 180w is better at flowering.

now the 126w did veg better but also steached allot more in 12/12 but dosent matter since they will go out doors. now i know the new 126w's have less white light and are aimed more for flowering. but still the price on the 180w is too high for what it is, you would be better off going with the 126w IMO.

now i am doing a grow with this light right here Welcome to Grow LED Hydro - LED Grow Lights - Hydroponics - Plant Lighting and seemed to veg real good for me plus its cheaper then the others plus you get more bang for the watts since their 3w leds. so since those two are the cheapest then i would say that would be a better beat.

Thanks, if it is just plain water, when do you add it? What about the sno storm?
I thought 1000 W HPS was overkill, but I heard it from different sources...

I added a second bank of T-5 lights yesterday to my veg area, man did the heat build up. I cant see useing a HPS in my grow room.

You are SO correct. Many don't believe a few T-5's add a LOT of heat, but they do. I had two 2ft, 4 bulb units on left and right of cab set vertically with a 400 watt hps overhead. This all within the confines of a 36"x18" cab. In short order I removed the 400 w hps and installed a 250 w hps. Heat was still unmanageable. I ended up removing the two T-5's (It's a shame as they REALLY helped with side growth being able to mature) and have since gone back to the 400 w hps. I still hit the lower 80's, but it is manageable. As soon as a definitive winner in the arena of LED lighting emerges, I will jump on board in a heartbeat, if for NO other reason than heat issues becoming a complete moot issue...how refreshing THAT will be, and that will give my reason for a 3rd revamp of my grow cab...:bravo:

Back
Top Bottom