AKGramma's Perpetual Grow

I looked up the flowering times for all 3 major components of my AKDC47 cross, and took note of what the harvest is supposed to look like. The pictures of AK47, Durban Poison, and WHite Castle separately show nicely filled out colas with tight nodes.

That is NOT what I got for all my work breeding it! My two hybrid ladies are very lanky with fewer than 24 flowers, scattered one flower per node. The males were the same, but were, as males generally are, much more prolific than the females (Lotsa pods and pollen).

So, it turned out to be a poor batch of seeds. Not sure if it's worth waiting 7 more weeks for just two dozen buds. :confused: So, probably should just chop them now, dry them, and grind into herbs.

What do you think? See pic above in post #1761.

Hey Gramma, got any pics of the colas?
I got them off the Internet through a Google Search. Nirvana Seeds has good pics and descriptions of all three cultivars.

Just doing a drive-by.. GL AK in your breeding project. Keepem Green

Yah - I thought it was looking pretty good! I’d keep it :)

Top of the morn to ya AK!

Love to se some pics of the bagged together breeding babes (sounds terribly pervy when you say it like that!)...

:Namaste:

The bagged together breeding pairs don't show much, as I used semi-transparent trash can liners. The bags are draped loosely over the tops, leaving the lowermost leaves uncovered to get more light. I lift and shift them a bit every day and have cut ventilation holes , because the bags tend to collect moisture.

I have only the one grow unit now, so it's the only way I have to keep the pollen where it belongs.

My two hybrid ladies are very lanky with fewer than 24 flowers, scattered one flower per node. The males were the same, but were, as males generally are, much more prolific than the females (Lotsa pods and pollen).

So, it turned out to be a poor batch of seeds. Not sure if it's worth waiting 7 more weeks for just two dozen buds. :confused: So, probably should just chop them now, dry them, and grind into herbs.

What do you think?

Unless it's only a 50-day (or less) flowering period, it's still in the stretch phase at 20 days. I'd expect things to fill in a lot in the future. Maybe not to the degree that you're hoping for, that remains to be seen. But still, I'd guess that great things are possible.

Today I gently removed the male afghani from the arms of his mate and trimmed off all the male pods, both open an not open. I dropped them into a small open-topped container and covered it lightly with a small piece of dry paper towel. This will allow the pods to drop their pollen as they open and dry. The female isn't quite ready yet, but she has a dusting of pollen all over her. If the lady's flowers fill out, I'll brush on more pollen, but I don't think that will be necessary. Anyway, that frees her from the plastic bag.

The pair of ATF's are still bagged together, as the lady's buds are barely emerging.

The rest of the male got trimmed up and put in the container I use to dry leaves, larfy buds and pods for herbs.

As careful as I was, I still ended up with an allergy attack! :laugh:

You all were right about the AKDC47's. The buds are getting much bigger. And it looks like the two ladies are forming colas! So I'll have colas and buds, and maybe something worth showing off at harvest. :goodluck:

30 days into flower, the AKDC47 ladies are showing trics and I see a couple of amber hairs. I haven't spent any quality time with the breeding pairs lately, so I have no update. I really need to check on them and vent the moisture under the bags.

I am very pleased to announce that my breeding project was a success! I removed the last male from the arms of the female ATF and say a decent number of developing seeds. The female Afghani also has a number of developing seeds, from her crossing with a male Afghani.

So I have successfully increased my stock of seeds for both strains! :yahoo:

I'm in the process of trimming out the ATF: pods into a small container to be dried and stored, and leaves into the bin for cooking herbs. The leaves are covered with pollen, too, so that adds something special to the herbs.

Will see if I can get decent pics later.

I am very pleased to announce that my breeding project was a success! I removed the last male from the arms of the female ATF and saw a decent number of developing seeds. The female Afghani also has a number of developing seeds, from her crossing with a male Afghani.

I'm in the process of trimming out the ATF: pods into a small container to be dried and stored, and leaves into the bin for cooking herbs. The leaves are covered with pollen, too, so that adds something special to the herbs.

One real stroke of luck is that I don't see any mites since the last spray-down a couple weeks ago.

I am very pleased to announce that my breeding project was a success! I removed the last male from the arms of the female ATF and saw a decent number of developing seeds. The female Afghani also has a number of developing seeds, from her crossing with a male Afghani.

One real stroke of luck is that I don't see any mites since the last spray-down a couple weeks ago.

TY, PW! I will get good buds from the ATF. She looks as strong as the AKDC47's. The Afghani not so much. I pollinated her rather early, so she will go all to seed, I think.

The ladies have 4 - 6 weeks longer till they reach their harvest windows. The Afghani is pure Indica so maybe ready in 4 more weeks. The ATF is a hybrid. So this lady may be ready to harvest sooner than the 10 week mark. Her buds look just like the description:

Sativa Dominant Hybrid -70% Sativa / 30% Indica (this contradicts the description, which seems to be more correct)
THC: 18% - 20%

ATF, also known more commonly as Alaskan Thunder Fuck, is an evenly balanced hybrid (50% indica/50% sativa) strain created through crossing a Northern California Sativa with a Russian Ruderalis before crossing it with the infamous Afghani strain. The result is a powerhouse of a strain that is perfect for those days when you need a little extra oomph to get relaxing. The high creeps up on you, suddenly taking ahold of your mind and leaving you slightly dazed with an intense feeling of euphoria. As your happiness grows, you’ll feel an influx of frenzied energy that lends itself well to getting up and getting moving. Throughout this lifted state, you’ll feel a sense of relaxation in both mind and body that eases away any aches or pains without leaving you feeling sedated or sleepy. Thanks to these effects and its super high 20% average THC level, ATF is often chosen to treat conditions such as depression, chronic fatigue, nausea, migraines, and chronic pain. This bud has a skunky minty flavor with hints of citrus and pine on each sharp exhale. The smell is very earthy and woody with a citrus overtone that’s surprisingly sweet. ATF buds have small dense dark olive green nugs with bright amber hairs and matching crystal trichomes.

:yummy:

Back
Top Bottom