LED Grow Test

well folks the time has come to test out these two differnt led lights. i have one 180w (jumbo ufo) testing agianst a 126w Hydro Grow led light. both lights use some differnt color leds. their has been alot of debait over witch light is better! well its time to find out.

every thing is equal on both grow areas, same feeding out of one bucket, both have equal mylar. same room, fame fan, same size pots same soil. every thing the same but the light.

i have 2 hindu skunks, and 4 blue dreams. split equal between both lights. the hindu skunks are at both point of the triangles. both will be veged for the same amount of time 24/0.

today is the clones first day and their all a little streesed out from the drive home. the hindu skunks look both more stressed then the others. but give them a day or two and they hopfuly should bounch back. (i just transplanted them.) since i am a medical patient and all clones where from my medical center, to help me for my medical conditions.

so let the test begain!!!!!!

PLEASE NO LED WARS ON THIS THREAD!!!!!!

light_test_016_Large_Web_view.jpg

light_test_017_Large_Web_view.jpg

re: LED GROW TEST. 126W hydro grow led VS. 180W

Cool!

Ok, so one of the PS plants is obviously a runt and the light should not be held responsible for that.

The HGL plants are looking nicer. Bushier, wider leaves, tighter node spacing.

Good job on dividing your tent!

+rep

Cool!

Ok, so one of the PS plants is obviously a runt and the light should not be held responsible for that.

The HGL plants are looking nicer. Bushier, wider leaves, tighter node spacing.

Good job on dividing your tent!

+rep

actualy the PS runt was from their light, i didnt post all the detail from my other fourms but their light was stressing out the plants at first it realy hurted the now a runt plant. i was told to start the light at 10" with half light turn on. but the plants got over powered at 10" i had to start the lights out at 16" and work its way down.

the HGL light has been set at 6" from the start with no problems.

just looking for another home where their's not all kinds of led trash talk/ wars.
everyone here seems real cool!

The LED wars here are very mild at best when compared with elsewhere.
Its cool that you're here now tho. The more LED journals in bloom the better :surf:

The LED wars here are very mild at best when compared with elsewhere.
Its cool that you're here now tho. The more LED journals in bloom the better :surf:

yep things should realy take off after this sat, when i feed them with my bloom food, right now their still eating a 20-20-20 veg mix.
man i love watching my kids grow up.:smokin:

:popcorn:

Excellent, I'm in for this ride for sure ;)

i cant wait! i just hope i get good yeild from both lights, at the end i lose smoke out of the deal.

i had a rockin grow with leds last time but i got spider mites and they killed my girls real quick. so i had to stop for a little while to go to war on those little $hits. if you see my avitar pic or profile pic with the beer can that was my last led grow.

in fact if anyone wants to see my past led grow just let me know ill post some pics.

hi Irish good to see your led test go up here. Gonna be a treat to sit in on this.
Welcome
reps and ratings for the first, from the start direct comparison grow, at least that I've seen.
good luck.

I too will stick around. I can't find my popcorn so I'm going to sit next to soniq and share his!
I do have one question....it doesn't look like you are short head room. is there a reason you decided to flower at such a short height. I've heard LED's don't penetrate well. Was this choice for a short flowering height to make up for the penetration loss?

I too will stick around. I can't find my popcorn so I'm going to sit next to soniq and share his!
I do have one question....it doesn't look like you are short head room. is there a reason you decided to flower at such a short height. I've heard LED's don't penetrate well. Was this choice for a short flowering height to make up for the penetration loss?

no that wasnt all my thoughts, i aways go 3-4 foot plants, and want to try
12" on these girls because i read these strains finish tall. i figure that they will finish at 2-2.5' plus i alway wanted to see how some stacked 12" plants will do.

they say both of these leds will pentrate 3'. dont know if this is true or not? but now i shouldnt have any popcorn buds at all if their under 3'.

how tall do most people switch to flowering? ive always wondered that.

Very nice test, I am in the market for an led and this thread will help out a lot. Great job and + rep for doing it. In for the ride for sure..

Back
Top Bottom