Second Grow - Cheese!

insane420

Hello - this is the start of my second official grow. This time I will be trying out the Cheese from Big Buddha Seeds. The plan is to veg two mother plants and take 12 clones. My current Trainwreck grow is about 3 weeks from finishing and I plan on taking advantage of the cooler months to grow these out. I chose the Cheese mostly because I am a sucker for good advertising and the write up from Big Buddha had me sold ;) I plan to journal this grow with a more detail than my current grow to include the cloning process and I will hopefully be adding a Co2 system to the tent this time around. The seeds are soaking in RO water for the next 24 hours and I will transplant directly to soil and let nature do its thing!

What strain is it? - Cheese
Hybrid - Skunk No. 1 (Cheese) x Afghani
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Initial Seed Germination
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor - 4x8 Grow Tent
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? 75% FFOF & 25% Perlite
If soil... What size pot? - 5 Gallon
Size of light? 1200 Watt (2 x 600 Watt)
Is it aircooled? - Yes
Temp of Room/cab? - 80 Degree's Day / 75 Degree Night
PH of media or res? - This will vary once I find the sweet spot :)
How often are you watering? - Feed with Nutes once a week and water as needed in between.
Type and strength of ferts used? - Foxfarm Line of nutes w/calmag supplemented as needed.

Cheese-SeedPack.jpg

Peace !

insane420

First Grow - Trainwreck

Re: Second Grow - Cheese !

Alright, I have been lurking for awhile, but just had to comment 'cause I am going down the same road. I germinated my seeds(cheese too) 6 weeks ago, with the intention of using them as mothers. So far it has been a success. One word of advice regarding this particular strain. Each time i try to fertilize them, they curl down, & get stressed a bit. I have only used 1\4 of the recommended amount. If I could do it over again, I would just let them take the nutes from the soil, & not fertilize until they obviously need them. I will post some pics, so you can see how my babies look so far. I must say that i've never grown a strain that had such a strong odor after 6 weeks. Anyways, I'm on board, and hopefully we can help each other along the way. PEACE:bongrip:

Alright, I have been lurking for awhile, but just had to comment 'cause I am going down the same road. I germinated my seeds(cheese too) 6 weeks ago, with the intention of using them as mothers. So far it has been a success. One word of advice regarding this particular strain. Each time i try to fertilize them, they curl down, & get stressed a bit. I have only used 1\4 of the recommended amount. If I could do it over again, I would just let them take the nutes from the soil, & not fertilize until they obviously need them. I will post some pics, so you can see how my babies look so far. I must say that i've never grown a strain that had such a strong odor after 6 weeks. Anyways, I'm on board, and hopefully we can help each other along the way. PEACE:bongrip:

Welcome to the community flowerofpower ! I am down with exchanging notes on this grow. I am always looking for feedback and it's cool to get some advanced knowledge on this strain. :grinjoint:

insane420

First Grow - Trainwreck

Hello All....been a long time since I updated this, but a lot of things have changed on this grow. I decided to scrap the grow tent in favor of constructing an actual room. My vehicle was broken into in my driveway and we decided for security reasons to pull down the tent and build the room. The room measures at 9 x 7 w/8 foot ceilings - plenty of room to grow some killer bud! I am about 90% finished with the room, but I have some pics to show the build. I should get all the duct work installed this week and the lights mounted.

Pics:

Initial Framing !
GrowRoomConstruction-1.jpg

GrowRoomConstruction-2.jpg

GrowRoomConstruction-3.jpg

Framing Pics with Wiring - The power is supplied by a 40amp Subpanel that is separate from the house wiring. Safety was my biggest concern here. If you're dead, then you can't smoke any bud :Rasta:

GrowRoomConstruction-4.jpg

GrowRoomConstruction-5.jpg

This room is 100% insulated to help control the temps !!

GrowRoomConstruction-7.jpg

I used a pocket door to save space:

GrowRoomConstruction-6.jpg

Outside Finished!

GrowRoomConstruction-8.jpg

Inside almost finished !

GrowRoomConstruction-9.jpg

The cheese mothers are coming along nicely - they are anxiously waiting for their day at the spa :smokin:

Cheese-Mothers1.jpg

Hope you all enjoy the pics - I should start the cloning this week and will figure out if I want to do this batch in soil or switch over to the ebb & grow setup I have.

insane420

Alright, so the cloning process got off to a rough start. I used my own DIY clone setup for my Trainwreck Grow, but listened to the guy at the hydro store to try using Rapid Rooters. I realize most people probably have cloning that way down no sweat, but my luck sucks using it. I took 30 clones and 15 died almost overnight. Not being one to sit around, I reconstructed my DIY aeroponic cloner and put the 11 most healthy in the setup and all is right in insane420's world. Here are some pics of my new room and clones:

No comments about the purple tub please - my girl picked it out !

Cheese-Clones2.jpg

Cheese-Clones1.jpg

Cheese-mothers-growroom1.jpg

Cheese-mothers-growroom2.jpg

Cheese-Growroom1.jpg

Cheese-Growroom2.jpg

On a side note - we bought our tickets to this years Cannabis Cup in Amsterdam!! Super stoked doesn't even begin to describe how excited we are. I am especially looking forward to sitting in on some of the growers presentations this year and I really hope to get to meet Franco and Arjan from GHS in person.

Peace ! :grinjoint:

insane420

Alright, so the cloning process got off to a rough start. I used my own DIY clone setup for my Trainwreck Grow, but listened to the guy at the hydro store to try using Rapid Rooters. I realize most people probably have cloning that way down no sweat, but my luck sucks using it. I took 30 clones and 15 died almost overnight. Not being one to sit around, I reconstructed my DIY aeroponic cloner and put the 11 most healthy in the setup and all is right in insane420's world. Here are some pics of my new room and clones:

No comments about the purple tub please - my girl picked it out !

Cheese-Clones2.jpg

Cheese-Clones1.jpg

Cheese-mothers-growroom1.jpg

Cheese-mothers-growroom2.jpg

Cheese-Growroom1.jpg

Cheese-Growroom2.jpg

On a side note - we bought our tickets to this years Cannabis Cup in Amsterdam!! Super stoked doesn't even begin to describe how excited we are. I am especially looking forward to sitting in on some of the growers presentations this year and I really hope to get to meet Franco and Arjan from GHS in person.

Peace ! :grinjoint:

insane420

No comments on the purple tub? But that's the most styling DIY aerocloner I have ever seen bro... :)

Awesome about the tickets... bring me back some seeds... shit... If I went to Amsterdam I'd bring back a truckload of quality genetics... Customs would open up my suitcase lift up a shirt and seeds would just go everywhere... LOL.

I'd have stopped by sooner had I known about this journal... :)
How's that Quantum Ballast working out for you?
Keep up the great work bro...

H2OGanjaFarmr :ganjamon:

No comments on the purple tub? But that's the most styling DIY aerocloner I have ever seen bro... :)

Awesome about the tickets... bring me back some seeds... shit... If I went to Amsterdam I'd bring back a truckload of quality genetics... Customs would open up my suitcase lift up a shirt and seeds would just go everywhere... LOL.

I'd have stopped by sooner had I known about this journal... :)
How's that Quantum Ballast working out for you?
Keep up the great work bro...

LOL! I would totally love to bring back some seeds. Shit, I may have to find a creative way to get some back here! The ballast is actually a local brand manufactured for the store I bought it from. Seems to be doing just fine so far and I hope to pick up a second one because the magnetic ballast is loud and heavy. I really want to get it off the ground without putting some form of shelf up. Anyway, thanks for the comments!

insane420
:cool:

Yo Insane420,
Nice looking setup you got there my man! I'm in. Can't wait to see the updates on how things work out. I like the custom built grow room.

LOL! I would totally love to bring back some seeds. Shit, I may have to find a creative way to get some back here! The ballast is actually a local brand manufactured for the store I bought it from. Seems to be doing just fine so far and I hope to pick up a second one because the magnetic ballast is loud and heavy. I really want to get it off the ground without putting some form of shelf up. Anyway, thanks for the comments!

insane420
:cool:

No prob bro... Hell yeah... like I said... I'd bring back a whole suitcase full... LOL. Hrm... that's interesting does it have a dimmer switch on it?

Time for an update......I had mixed results with the clones. I ended up with 9 clones out of 11 in my DIY cloner. Maybe with a little more time the other cuttings would root, but I couldn't wait any longer. I used the following soil mix for my clones:

1 bag Fox Farm Ocean Forest w/25% more additional perlite added.
1 cup of pulverized dolomite lime
11 teaspoons of earth juice rooters mycorrhizae (5ml per gallon of soil)

I plan on keeping these under my T5 light until at least 20 inches tall and then they will be moved into the bloom room where the original mothers are being bloomed right now.

Here are some pics:

CheeseGrow-Clones1.jpg

CheeseGrow-SoilMix.jpg

CheeseGrow-SoilMix2.jpg

CheeseGrow-Clones2.jpg

insane420
:smokin:

Insane....Looking nice my man! Glad to see someone else using and posting about dolomite lime. I just repotted my girls yesterday from 3 gal to 5 gal pots and added dolomite lime to the new soil mix. Wasn't sure how much to use so settled on something in the neighborhood of the same amount you used. I will be interested to see how it turns out. We are going to try our hand at cloning soon.......keeping fingers crossed.

Back
Top Bottom