Blue Cheese & Agent Orange - Soil

After my last grow (Jack the Ripper in DWC) I decided to go back to soil. I am much more experienced with it and doesn't need as much tweeking and since I am gone 10 hours during the day for work I wanted something with minimal upkeep.

Specifics

Growing plans: I have already been vegging for 2 weeks on the Blue Cheese and 1 week on the Agent Orange. I have also already fimmed the AO once and at 4 different spots on Blue cheese. Gonna veg for about 2 more weeks and than throw into flowering.

Medium: Fox farm original planting mix with about 15-20% perlite mixed in

Nutrients: Blue Planet nutrients 3 part elite series.

Air: 20lb CO2 tank, 1500 ppm. One small circulation fan that moves the air more than enough for my small tent.

Strains: 1 Blue Cheese 1 Agent Orange (both were clones bought from dispensaries at about 5")

Lighting: 400 W MH for veg 400 W HPS for flower

Grow Closet: 2'x4'x5'3"

Strain Specifics:

Agent Orange: (copied from tga's website)
Orange Velvet (unknown orange skunk hybrid) X Jack the Ripper (Space Queen x Jacks Cleaner)

Sativa/Indica 50/50
Harvest Window 55-65 Days
Heavy Producer
Good for Sleep & Relaxing

Agent Orange is a very good producer with extremely resinous large dense buds. The smell is amazing with hints of Oranges, Lemons and the smell of a Whiskey Sour cocktail. The strain contains pigments that have the ability to turn maroon, purple with cool nights. The buzz is up and motivating and make smile. The strain is a very heavy producer yielding large flat topped colas and very dense heavy buds. It does very well outdoors reaching over 10 feet in northern California. Indoors it can be topped and produce full canopies and heavy colas.

1) Phenotypes- Two main variations one short and thick and one taller and more resinous.
2) Height- Very tall block head colas
3) Yield- Very Heavy but all in last weeks
4) Indoor/Outdoor
5) Best Way to Grow- Top and train into a bush.
6) Harvest Window-55-65 days
7) Sativa/ Indica 50/50
8) Hybrid- Local Orange Skunk x Jacks Cleaner X Space Queen
9)High type- Strong and tasty leaves a Orange after taste and an almost trippy high.
10) Taste like a cross between Oranges and sour mix even makes the bong water smell like Oranges!
11) My largest yields this run came from this strain

Blue Cheese (Big Buddha Cheese x Blueberry) x Big Buddha Cheese:

Classification: Indica (80%)/Sativa (20%)
Growing Environment: Indoor recommended
Flowering Time: 63 days (indoor) or early October (outdoor)
Yield: High to very high
THC Range: 15 - 20%
Medical Uses: Migraines, eating disorders, insomnia, depression, chronic pain relief
Breeder: Big Buddha

Blue Cheese was created when some Blueberry males were crossed with Buddha Cheese. After seeds were produced and a prime male was selected from these, further steps were taken to bring about Blue Cheese. This Blueberry x Cheese male was then used to breed with a female Buddha Cheese strain, making it an excellent hybrid and choice selection by cannabis patients all over.

The buds are extremely dense and, when grown properly, are covered with a snow-like layer of tri-chromes. These buds taste like a mix of blueberries and strawberries, with undeniable dankiness. Some patients will notice a strong, but pleasant skunky flavor when vaporizing this medication. Potent medication with a THC range of 15 - 20%

And heres some pictures of my two plants, Blue cheese is about a week in my tent and AO is at about 2 days.

DSC013153.JPG

Blue Cheese
DSC013134.JPG

Agent Orange
DSC013084.JPG

Re: Blue Planet 3 part/Blue Cheese and Agent Orange soil

Looking nice!

Thanks and welcome.

I started flowering on 4/7 so exactly 2 weeks ago and they are both looking awesome and super healthy. The Blue cheese was around 10" when flowering was started and the Agent Orange was 7". I really wish my tent was taller so I could grow them a little bigger but I'm thinking they are both going to produce nicely. The blue cheese is already super bushy and not slowing down. Its right around 20" tall and 26" wide. The AO is 16" tall and around 22" wide. I had some pics of week one of flowering but must have deleted them, can't find them. Here's the pictures of week 2.

Blue cheese on the left Agent Orange on the right
DSC014793.JPG

Agent Orange
DSC014751.JPG

AO
DSC014772.JPG

Blue Cheese
DSC014764.JPG

Blue Cheese
DSC014784.JPG

Re: Blue Planet 3 part/Blue Cheese and Agent Orange soil

Subbed, I am growing both of these, well actually the Buddha just got phased out sadly, but you will be very happy with your end product. Lookin good so far.

I really like both strains. I have had a ton of Blue Cheese before and its definitely one of my top 10 stains. I've smoked the AO before as well just not nearly as much as the BC but was impressed none the less. Then again every TGA strain I have smoked is incredible. Never grown either strain before so looking forward to seeing the end product.

Re: Blue Planet Nutrients - 3 part - Blue Cheese and Agent Orange - Soil

Been a while since I posted some pictures and quite a bit of flower growth has occurred so I have some pics as of today which is 5 weeks 2 days into flowering. I probably have about 4 weeks left on each plant give or take a couple days. The Agent Orange is supposed to pack on most of its weight during the last week or two and the nugs are already a decent size so I am hoping to get some fat colas. The blue cheese has a ton of tops with smaller colas but still nice and they will fatten up a bit in the later weeks i'm thinking.

Went and got my med card renewed last weekend because it expires in a week and I was amazed at how fast it was. Both previous years I have gotten renewals I have been in the office for at least 1.5 hours and this time I was in and out in 15 minutes flat and it only cost $45 which was awesome.

I will be starting up another journal fairly soon as I am going to be growing outdoors again. I already have one OG kush growing outside and have topped it, and it has responded well. Heres the pictures as of today.

BC on the left AO on right

DSC015141.JPG

DSC015156.JPG

Agent Orange

DSC01519.JPG

DSC015202.JPG

Blue Cheese (minus bottom right is AO plant)

DSC015231.JPG

looking good mate, loving the look of the buds, are they really that white. ive only ever seen 1 picture of some totally white buds, i mean they was pure white, no green or orange at all, would love to get that strain, but i dont know whats its called, ill search the net and see if i can find the name

No they are not really that white, I am not sure if my camera sucks or I just do not know how to use it properly but I can not get any closer shots without them becoming blurry. Its 16 mp and 6x zoom which I think is fairly good but I am clueless with photography. The Agent Orange is a very light green color with some light orange tint coming from all the hairs. The pistils are like 50/50 white orange now so that might be why you are seeing the white color.

I have about 2 weeks left, possibly less on the Agent Orange so i'll try and put some pictures up on Saturday which will be week 7. The AO is supposed to take between 55-65 days and the BC 63 days and they will be at 49 days on Saturday so getting close.

No they are not really that white, I am not sure if my camera sucks or I just do not know how to use it properly but I can not get any closer shots without them becoming blurry. Its 16 mp and 6x zoom which I think is fairly good but I am clueless with photography. The Agent Orange is a very light green color with some light orange tint coming from all the hairs. The pistils are like 50/50 white orange now so that might be why you are seeing the white color.

I have about 2 weeks left, possibly less on the Agent Orange so i'll try and put some pictures up on Saturday which will be week 7. The AO is supposed to take between 55-65 days and the BC 63 days and they will be at 49 days on Saturday so getting close.

It is the flash on your camera, the trichomes reflect light.

Excited to see your final product, I'm getting fairly close on some as well... Still a few weeks left for me though. Definitely don't cut it early, agent orange really fattens up right near the end

Cool thanks for the tip with the flash, the only picture I had taken that wasn't all white was one where I had the flash off. I'm excited to see how much it fattens up in these last couple weeks, the buds are already a really nice size and super dense so if it fattens up as much as tga and others say it should turn out awesome.

i agree about camera, the best setting to use is the setting that has a picture of a flower on the screen, i think its called macro setting, then either take the pictures somewhere light without it been to bright, or what i have found works with mine is put the plants somewhere darkish and take the pictures with the flash on, the auto setting on the camera dont seem to take good pics but change it to the macro i think its called its got a picture of a flower when you use that setting and take the pictures using that,

Thanks tov and welcome. Today is day 46 of flowering, Agent Orange takes 55-65 days and Blue Cheese around 63 so I am nearly there. They seem to fatten up by the day.

Blue Cheese on Left, Agent Orange on Right

DSC01556.JPG

Nug shots of Agent Orange

DSC015572.JPG

DSC015762.JPG

Blue cheese nug, sorry not the clearest of shots

DSC015872.JPG

BC nugs left AO right

DSC015741.JPG

Today was day 56 for the plants and I harvested the Agent Orange. The trichomes were all cloudy and it appeared to be time. The Blue Cheese has about 7-10 days left so it was kind of nice to stagger the harvest because I really hate trimming. The AO weighed in at 240 grams wet so if it loses 75% should come in right around 60 grams or 2.25 ounces but I will post the final dry weight once I start the curing.

Agent Orange before Harvest

DSC016327.JPG

DSC01658.JPG

DSC016223.JPG

DSC016373.JPG

DSC016712.JPG

DSC016862.JPG

DSC016872.JPG

DSC016882.JPG

Hanging up to start the drying

DSC016993.JPG

Thanks thawk I am real happy with the first plant. Most of the time when I harvest a plant, it won't start stinking like herb until I jar it and start the curing but these nugs already are super stinky and they are still real wet.

It just went into a giant mason jar today, all the stems were snapping and the herb was nice and dry. It already really stinks, can't imagine how it will smell in a month!

As for the Blue Cheese, I just harvested and got done trimming a little bit ago. It is a really nice looking plant and smells great, has a ton of crystals, etc etc. but I do not think I will ever grow it again. Giant pain in the ass to trim. I have never seen a plant with so many damn leaves. They were everywhere, small big and everything in between. Such a huge headache to get a tight trim like I like to do. I hate herb with leaves all over it, kinda sucks not being able to see what the bud looks like because the trimmer was lazy/wanted to gain a tiny bit of extra weight. The Blue Cheese was only like 2 feet tall and 2.5-3 wide but took like 7-8 hours to get the buds all tightly trimmed. I do take quite a few breaks but still pretty ridiculous In comparison my Agent Orange took maybe 2.5 hours 3 tops for the entire plant. At least one upside to my aching back is I will get a nice bit of hash with my trim/popcorn buds. Here's some pics, looks to be a decent bit more than the AO. I will post some final weights when the BC is dry.

DSC017062.JPG

DSC017304.JPG

DSC017054.JPG

DSC017092.JPG

DSC017233.JPG

DSC017453.JPG

DSC017383.JPG

DSC017444.JPG

Kudos to your for trimming your buds down to the bud, I hate when people are impressed by buds that have leaves on them. If the bud is good, show it. Your bc looks dank and your grandmas hard candy is on the way. My favorite part about AO is how good a mood it puts me in, very giggly but still alert.

Back
Top Bottom