GoogleGenie's First Grow - LED Hydro - Northern Light Blue & Fruity Chronic Juice

Understanding Flowering! The 4 Phases

I see, thanks KJC, i didnt realise Vitalink Buddy and Buddhas Tree PK were essentially the same, except the later having the higher ration of K to P (1:2) being 9-18(PK) respectively. I think i'm going to carry on using Buddy for now, and will use PK 918 in future grows.

I've just finished reading a handy article explaining the different stages of flowering which will help me to identify where abouts i'm at and what i should be feeding them.

I get that there are 4 stages:

Pre-Flowering - occurs during Veg, used to distinguish sex and is an indicator that the plants are ready for the flip. If using Buddhas Tree PK 918 (Instead of Vitalink Buddy) i would start adding that the last week of Veg
Early flowering - This is the first 2-3 weeks of flowering, so the stretch i guess? I have also been advised to use a product called Bud Ignitor for the duration of this phase, which creates more bud sites quicker apparently. If using Buddhas Tree (instead of Vitalink Buddy), I would be using it at this point too
Peak Flowering - Where the plant puts on the most weight, this is where the bloom boosters are most important. This phase lasts around 3-4 weeks normally. The bloom bosters i have are Vitalink Buddy and Buddhas tree, but i will only use one or the other. Vitalink Buddy i should start using at Week 4 of flowering, where as Buddhas Tree from last week of veg
Late Flowering - The last 2-3 weeks of flowering before you flush. This is the point here white pistils start to deteriorate and grow at a slower rate. This is when i should be using my stimulant (Overdrive) to force the plant to continue to put on weight.

I'll be using a mycorrhiza powder through of the lifetime of all my plants too, I've been looking into Great White Shark too

This is my interpretation of the whole article so naturally it's missing a lot of details :)

I have a question about a product i own called Ripen, its by General Hydroponics, is this the same thing as Overdrive? And will it clash with anything else i'm using?

I'm definitely switching to Advanced Nutrients Bloom after this grow, General Hydroponics Additives are hard to get hold of in the UK, especially KoolBloom and Floralicious Plus, i would need to pay through the nose in shipping to get it from the US.

Re: First Time Grow - Hydro - LED - Day 0-5 - Research & Germination

Once again, you are right KJC! :)

I'll be toasting the first smoke that comes out of this grow to you, the amount you have helped me through this journal :high-five:

Every time i really needed an answer in this journal, you among others, but mainly you have been here to answer it. And for that I thank you :peace:

:goodjob: how many days flower? hope I can touch those plants myself, smell and taste:)lol. weekend again, have a nice weekend:)
Apologies for the incorrect orientation of some of those pics, I'm doing this from my phone.

Here is a pic of my second flowering tent and the ladies that occupy it

image9375.jpg
image9361.jpg

And here is current favourite lady (Frank). Check the size of the stem on this one!

image9374.jpg
image9373.jpg
image9372.jpg
image9371.jpg

Hey Sara :) those are on day 6 of flower as of today, they were on day 1 of flower in those photos . The others were day 48 of flower I believed. I'll he posting an update later tonight after my Easter family get together

Happy Easter and 420 day everyone!

Hey all

Here is a quick update on my second flowering tent

These are my flowering Northern Light Blue t Day 7 (counting from the day the first pistils were visible)

IMG_54275.JPG
IMG_53993.JPG
IMG_54252.JPG
IMG_54592.JPG

There are my autos, these started on 18/6 but are now on 12/12 with the rest of the flowering tent

The Think Different, which has a long way to go judging by the colour of the pistils

IMG_54543.JPG

And the Auto Jack 47's

IMG_53275.JPG
IMG_53984.JPG
IMG_54502.JPG
IMG_54493.JPG
IMG_53754.JPG

And here are the northern Light Blue (Left) and Fruity Chronic Juice (Right) currently at Day 54 of flowering, but the following photos are from the last few days

IMG_54241.JPG
IMG_54474.JPG
IMG_54415.JPG
IMG_54335.JPG
IMG_54301.JPG
IMG_54234.JPG
IMG_54182.JPG
IMG_54142.JPG
IMG_54126.JPG
IMG_54114.JPG
IMG_53493.JPG
IMG_53603.JPG

plus the 2 clones i threw into flowering which are also FCJ for the crack, they are actually turning out pretty good

IMG_54174.JPG
IMG_54312.JPG
IMG_54323.JPG
IMG_54453.JPG

The FCJ and NLB were growing quite slowly, and i couldnt work out what it was, and i think using superthrive during flowering has slowed it down. Thing is now both NLB and FCJ are showing more orange hairs than white (or an equal ratio) so i have moved them on to Week11 Maturing which withholds Flor Gro. They arent the biggest buds at the moment so i'm hoping that they will pump out a bit over the net couple of weeks.

Also, today the NLB is showing signs of bute burn as the very tips of the leaves are slightly orange, however the Fruity Chronic isnt suffering at all, in fact, she is loving it! But when i add water during the week this should nutralise the current feed slightly i guess

I was going to add OverDrive 7 days from now for 2 weeks while they "Ripen", and then I'll flush for a eek using FloraKlee, what do you guys think?

If you change and flush your dw reservoir at intervals then you wont need to flush till last week. As per Soma quotes "Just remember if you think its ready.. give it another week" ref - Growing organic with Soma book.

Since you are using GH nutes have you heard of the Lucas formula? What is Lucas Formula, and how do I use it?

I originally used the 3 part on my very first grow I was blessed with dinafems genetics as you can see from the picture.. I was a total noob day 46 of flowering a 85 day haze

Lex1.jpg

I find that the Lucas formula was easier to balance (gh softwater micro and bloom) the second grow I used water bottle water tested at 8.6 ph when bloom was added it dropped the ph down to 6 ph. The lesson I learnt to make flowers grow on time was to check run off ph. I don't yet own a ec meter but once I do.. It will be all Yield ;)

Excessive nute and salt build = smaller buds and retards growth about 1 week or more in extreme cases. In Hydro phenotypes and genetics are even more sensitive. This is my experience

I dare say whenever you feel like their 1 week away from harvest post up a pic and let the community help you decide :peace:

Looks great, lots of info. Will catch up in all pages tomorrow my friend. Subbed and happy 420!

I find that the Lucas formula was easier to balance (gh softwater micro and bloom) the second grow I used water bottle water tested at 8.6 ph when bloom was added it dropped the ph down to 6 ph. The lesson I learnt to make flowers grow on time was to check run off ph. I don't yet own a ec meter but once I do.. It will be all Yield ;)

Thanks for this Lex, that plant looks beautiful, i hope she smoked well ;) Interesting, i'll definitely check it out! Interesting that he omits GH FloraGro. I have everything i need to follow this feeding schedule, i just need to substitute the recommended booster with Buddha PK. I might try this on one of my single plants, this would be perfect for Auto's thinking about it! According to Lucas formula then, i could potentially just keep feeding these with M and B until they are ready for ripening?

And how do you guys check runoff in a recirculating DWC?

If you change and flush your dw reservoir at intervals then you wont need to flush till last week. As per Soma quotes "Just remember if you think its ready.. give it another week" ref - Growing organic with Soma book.
Excessive nute and salt build = smaller buds and retards growth about 1 week or more in extreme cases. In Hydro phenotypes and genetics are even more sensitive. This is my experience

Thanks for this, when would you recommend those intervals be?

I dare say whenever you feel like their 1 week away from harvest post up a pic and let the community help you decide

I couldnt agree more, I usually ask in here if there is a big decision to be made, and once of the pros gives me the nod, i'm all a go go! ;)

I've actually written myself up a feeding chart, i'll post it up shortly for you guys to eye ball and tell me what you think :) That has been the most difficult part certainly of the flowering phase of this grow. I have been getting so confused as to what to use and when, and it didnt help that every company has the equivalent, and some companies even appear to have products named differently that do the same bloody thing! Madness!

Anyway, after much research, (before i Lucas Formula came into play) i got to work putting together this feeding schedule which is very nearly finished, watch this space, the products include

Water :)
Superthrive (First Aid kit)
Great White Shark mycorrhizae (Root inoculant)
Cannazyme (Keep roots clean and break down nasties in system)
General Hydroponics Flora G/M/B (Base)
Advanced Nutrients B-52 Mineral by AN (Mineral Booster for all of Veg and some of Flowering)
Advanced Nutrients Bud Blood (Created more budsites faster during first 2 weeks of flower. powder version of Bud Ignitor [see what i mean, ridiculous naming])
Advanced Nutrients Big Bud (powder version of Liquid Big Bud, which happens to be named the same thing)
I also have Vitalink Buddy and Buddhas Tree Pk 918 bloom boosters i could use instread of Big Bud
Advanced Nutrients Overdrive (Equivelant of GH Ripen)
General Hydroponics FloraKleen (flushing agent)

The main reason i have gone with Advanced Nutrients is because General Hydroponics additives are difficult to get hold of in the UK without paying through my nose for shipping

happy Ester Day and 420, :Namaste: really very pretty plants. I am sitting here wait for the harvest:)

Thank you Sara :) I expect i will be harvesting in about 3 weeks - Unless anyone can give me a reason i should harvest sooner ;)

I hope all is good with you Sara and everyone is loving the TopLED Grow light :thumb: I am as you can see!

Cultivator has kindly eyeballed my chart and has suggest some changes, so i'll be posting version 2 of my Feeding Chart shortly :) I cant wait to get the feeding nailed down! There is so much confusion around it, its been by far the most confusing part of flowering for me!

I'll also be applying Lucas Formula to one of my grows to test that out too, the simplicity of this would suit Autos perfectly i think! Thanks Lex!

Back
Top Bottom