nooooo /cry
such beautiful work
here's hoping you have minimal damage

re: GoogleGenie's Fruity Chronic & Cheese Grow - Hydro - 2300W LED

nooooo /cry
such beautiful work
here's hoping you have minimal damage

Haha my thoughts exactly yuyo!

When i first saw signs of it, I had a soul shattering moment where i thought i had spider mites (it makes me uncomfortable even typing it). The reason I thought this was because on one of the buds affected by the Bud Rot, there appeared to be something on it that resembled cob webs:

IMG_109324.JPG

(In the bottom left of the image you can see it faintly, the flash didnt help admitedly when i took the photo.

but i realise now that it was just the Bud Rot. And after a panic stricken google session there were no other signs that would suggest that I had mites.

Hopefully it doesnt spread, i'm just going to have to keep a real close eye on it all. And thankfully this tent:

IMG_107227.JPG

is not showing any signs of Bud Rot (yet) and they are only 7-10 days from being chopped anyway so hopefully I get away with it

That's really useful information thanks Jimmy :high-five:

I'll dab the stems and the buds that I snipped on the affected colas with my Iso Alcohol with a Q-tip. I'll also dab anything in the general vicinity of the infected buds to be sure they havent been infected. I'm going to flush this evening also.

This is also really useful to know after I harvest and get to manicuring. I can inspect the buds closely as I manicure them, and any i find that might be infected that I missed, i'll also treat with ISO alcohol and a Q-tip. I have heard that Bud Rot can continue even post-harvest so this is a good precautionary measure

Yea,That sound's like a good plan.I think you'll be fine.:thumb:
Next crop look's awesome.:bravo:

Evening guys

So, as luck would have it, another part 2 colas of the Cheese plant have this damn bud rot but fortunately it appears i caught it early. The rest are Ok. I flushed it out today, along with everything else in this tent, i passed 50 litres of ph 5.8 water + General Hydroponics FloraKleen through it. This Cheese is in Coco + Perlite. I treated the other Coco plants and the RDWC the same. I'll be chopping next Friday.

I'm eager to just get this chopped and dried now ;)

Pics of the other tent to follow

Here are some pics of the other Tent, i'll be flushing these over the weekend also. Today is Day 61 so Day 63 I expect.

Fruity Chronic Juice (4 x RDWC, 2 x Coco) at Day 60 of flowering

IMG_110429.JPG
IMG_110129.JPG
IMG_110532.JPG
IMG_110623.JPG
IMG_110826.JPG
IMG_110728.JPG
IMG_110924.JPG
IMG_111922.JPG

IMG_111315.JPG
IMG_111221.JPG
IMG_111725.JPG
IMG_111519.JPG
IMG_112028.JPG
IMG_111828.JPG

Day 3 of flush. The buds are clearly heavier because the stems are flopping all over the place and the buds are leaning against each other. I'm not going to bother holding them up as there are too many and there are only 4 days to go, and i'll just end up damaging a load of tricomes, 4 days til Harvest, 4 days til Harvest. I cant wait!

I'm definitely going to put something in place to keep it up next time around, A Screen with larger holes perhaps, just to keep the larger buds up right, I had no idea the buds would get this big or heavy. Obviously a good thing, just an oversight on my part.

I am going to place the plants in complete darkness for 24 hours on the last day of flush, and will post some pics before the chop :Namaste:

GG!!!

Looking awesome my friend!!! You are almost done! I got held up and delayed but only got another month or so to go with my gals...

Can't wait to see chop pics! N get a smoke report

The last night of light!

Evening guys

So, it's day 67 and tonight was the last time these babies will get any light!

Here they are. They will be chopped at some point over the next 48 hours, but no sooner than 24 hours after the lights went off.

I took these pictures at the start of their dark period, while they were being saturated with far red light, also for the last time.

IMG_115718.JPG
IMG_115620.JPG
IMG_116822.JPG
IMG_116223.JPG
IMG_115419.JPG
IMG_114916.JPG
IMG_114815.JPG

This tent has been a joy to watch grow. The buds are so heavy that most of them are upside down now, as you can see some of them are being help up with bendy wire.

IMG_115219.JPG
IMG_115120.JPG
IMG_116322.JPG

The other tent is just a disaster in terms of growth rate and organisation, there were far too many plants in this tent (8, 4 in RDWC, 4 in Coco), so they all stretched up competing with eachother for the light. Those were not veged under a ScrOG screen, while the plants in the pictures above, were.

I removed the screen at the start of flowering. Next time I will do the same thing, only this time, I will Veg under the same screen (2.5" squares) and instead of taking it away all together, next time I will replace it with another screen, but this one has 5" squares. This will be more for support than anything else.

IMG_115019.JPG

I like how the screen shapes the canopy, but I do find it really awkward to managed over a 4 bucket DWC in a tent which is in the corner of a room. This is why I may opt for bigger holes for support.

IMG_116423.JPG

:peace:

Thanks for stopping by!

Looking great GG!!

Morning guys!

So F#1 is now dry and jarred, coming in at a little under 12oz.

IMG_135819.JPG

I still have F#2 to jar up but this wont be for a couple of days (possibly tomorrow) as these are not yet dry because they were harvested a couple of days after F#1

I dried them for 5 days, then removed the larger stems and moved them into Jars. Here are some pics of the harvest and some of the buds

IMG_126715.JPG
IMG_126817.JPG
IMG_126919.JPG
IMG_127211.JPG
IMG_127314.JPG
IMG_127415.JPG
IMG_127515.JPG
IMG_127616.JPG
IMG_127819.JPG
IMG_128121.JPG
IMG_128217.JPG
IMG_128320.JPG

So i also tried my hand at making QWISO hash, using 99% ISO alcohol.

I collected as much high quality trim from the harvests as possible. I then froze them in a jar for 24 hours, I also froze some ISO alcohol so that it reaches a similar temperature of that of the frozen trim

IMG_131620.JPG
IMG_131818.JPG

I poured the ISO alcohol into the jar of frozen trim and let it sit for 30 seconds, giving it a light swish to cover as much of the trim as possible. I then shook it vigorously for another 30 seconds.

Then i poured this alcohol back into the other jar

IMG_132517.JPG

And was left with this

IMG_132622.JPG

Which i washed with more alcohol to do a second batch.

The first batch came out white, the second batch came out a bright green, but this is probably because the first wash got most of the good quality tricomes and the second got a lot more clorophyl than the first.

I ran both lots through a combination of strainers and coffee filters into bowls to remove any unwanted nasties

IMG_131919.JPG
IMG_132320.JPG
IMG_132024.JPG
IMG_132219.JPG

I then poured them into seperate pyrex dishes and let them evaporate for 24 hours with the help of a fan. This is the result

IMG_135017.JPG
IMG_135214.JPG
IMG_135415.JPG
IMG_135618.JPG
IMG_135518.JPG

The first wash (white one) is still evaporating, nearly 72 hours later, but it's nearly all done. I'll post back when it's done and scrapped into a jar ;)

Thanks xbones ;)

Here are some pics of the final QWISO Hash product, after i scrapped the pyrex dishes.

This is the SECOND wash I did, which was a bright green colour, but turned brown after the alcohol evaporated. Some of the photo's are the incorrect orientation, apologies.

Before:

IMG_135415.JPG

After, compressed into a ball.

IMG_138521.JPG
IMG_138815.JPG

It's kind of sweating too, it's left this oily residue in the jar I am curing it in.

IMG_138713.JPG

And here is the FIRST wash I did of the frozen trim. This one is white, I think i got the timing just right on this one, I kept the alcohol with the trim for 1 minute. 30 Seconds still, 30 seconds shaking.

Before

IMG_135618.JPG

After

IMG_136823.JPG
IMG_136520.JPG

The above photos are immediately after scraping up the result. It was such a fine powder it was actually difficult to get off of my hands because it's sticky too.

After leaving both in the same jar, the first wash appears to have solidified into a hard, rock type material, which I can crush in my fingers if i really squeeze. I don't know if this is normal, if i missed something or if it has anything to do with being cured with the other wash which is oily

IMG_138917.JPG

IMG_137823.JPG
IMG_138020.JPG

Now to work out how to use it.....

Back
Top Bottom