Charly's 4th Grow - G13 Haze Soctober 2011

Miwa Said:
Right...going to do that...
Think of it as training wheels on a bike. Use as long as needed.

I read this from an expert on another site (his clones take 11 - 12 days for rooting to finish).

According to him:
A warm window sill that receives NO direct sunlight is perfect. A 20watt 2' fouro 2700k (or "plant/aquarium") is probably my fav light, it works like a charm about 6" away. Humidity lower than 25% may cause some problems, misting twice a day would help a lot. Again just plain water is all you need. Humidity over 80% can cause some problems as well. In other words, normal room humidity & temps is fine, don't let them get too cold (60's) or they'll take forever to root.

Miwa Said:

Think of it as training wheels on a bike. Use as long as needed.

I read this from an expert on another site (his clones take 11 - 12 days for rooting to finish).

According to him:

Wow...i've been keeping hum at 99 most of the time...i didn't think that was right...as long as they can get moisture from leaves why make roots...i need to do more research...

Hello GGgrant,
snip
"The only drawback with this tachnique is that you have to hold the stem above the leaf you are going to snap. After a while you end up with

Sticky Fingers"
snip

Oh GG this is not a drawback for me, I use my "sticky fingers" for a nice aroma therapy session!
All the clones that I have grown haven't had a lid on them either. They have rooted very quickly and started growth quickly as well. having said that, I have not tried to do so with a humidity dome so I cannot compare but what I have done has worked out very nicely.
I enjoy touching my plants. I try to treat them kindly but know that trimming all varieties of plants do make them stronger and more productive. I do the snap technique as you do but if I cannot and do not wish to look for a cutting implement I use my fingernails. Oh god forbid the nasty fingers!!! But if you do it slowly to try to close the circulatory vessels so it closes off instead of leaving an open wound it helps keep it from getting sick. But healthy plants can take it and benefit.
Your plants look beautiful. Happy growing.
Fineas

Thanks, fineas, for your input.
I do the snap technique as you do but if I cannot and do not wish to look for a cutting implement I use my fingernails. Oh god forbid the nasty fingers!!!

I'm glad I'm not the only one lets his "fingers do the walking." When I was reading about "fimming" there was a story about a guy who always had one very long fingernail that he used for this purpose. That you, fineas?

Hey Miwa, I read that the info on the stuff you posted. Thanks for making me more paranoid that usual (LOL!)

Miwa said:
maybe its because my links pertain to cannabis

Oh !

I think you hit the nail on the head. My bad!

Remember the one successful that I had (head and shoulders over her peers)? She looks like she may be done for. Her leaves were really badly-shaped (remember FrankenClone?) I had stopped misting her a couple of days ago because I thought all the misting was causing the strange growth.

I took a nap about 3 hours ago and when I woke up, she was half dead. She's also quite tall and may have gotten too close to the light. Here's what I mean

Sad Clone !

SadClone.jpg

I'll post more later on tonight. Right now I'm going to have a good cry!

couldnt save her?

Thanks for the tea and sympathy, Pooh and Miwa.

She's still alive, but all the top growth is pretty much a losing proposition. The fan leaves are dry and brittle and all the new shoots at the nodes are stewed, like steamed Brussel Sprouts!

I started to put her back under the dome, then realized that the upper growth was pretty much gone, while the lower part of the plant was still vibrant. In fact, the lower nodes have small shoot sites that look like they will sprout soon.

What I intend to do is to keep her away from too much bright light and mist her constantly. After she's had a chance to recover, I'm going to top her in about the middle.

All the growth above the middle was weird anyway. Remember Frankenclone? It was almost like there were two separate plants attached together. This way, hopefully, the lower part of the plant can develop normally.

Here's a picture I took a few minutes ago:

My Heart Will Go On

MyHeartWillGoOn.jpg

Hey guys,

I was so preoccupied with my clone that I forgot to post some of the pictures I took a few days ago.

There's a nature trail that I used to hike in the summer and early autumn. I haven't been there in about 3 months because of the weather. There are two ways to get up to the trail - both entail slogging your way up a dirt trail. In the winter, the trails are covered in snow and ice.

Christmas was such a nice day - warm and sunny, that I decided to pack a lunch and go up the trail. I usually hike up the steep side, but I actually had some common sense for a change and took the trail with a gentler slope.

I barely made it up that one! I had to hang on to branches and walk bowlegged so I could straddle the snow and walk on the grass that was exposed on each side.

Here's

Lunch

Repast.jpg

Remember I was able to get some decent photos of the trikes when I swapped out the HPS for MH? After I switched back, I took a couple more pics. The trikes are more visible now, even under Krypton's red sun.

Krypton Trikes

KryptonTrikes.jpg

Jor El's Favorite Snack

KryptonTrikes2.jpg

Finally, here's a picture of the biggest cola. It looks like the top of a corn stalk, LOL!

Biggest Cola

BiggestCola.jpg

Yeah, I don't know, Miwa.

It's just water under the bridge now. I've decided to put her in the flower room. It's warm and humid in there and the spectrum is shifted toward the red, which is supposed to be better for clones.

I think we both need to go to clone school! Remember when I mentioned this master grower who can root a clone in 11 - 12 days? I wasn't looking for information on clones, but on coco coir.

I've seen so many people raving about it, that I did at little research. The guy mentioned above is crazy about this stuff. He uses it for everything: for germination, for regular planting, for rooting clones. He even uses it for brushing his teeth. You might say he's a coco "nut". (Hey, everyone, I can hear the groans from 3 blocks away).

If you want to find out more, just do a search for clones and "coco coir".

Yeah, I don't know, Miwa.

It's just water under the bridge now. I've decided to put her in the flower room. It's warm and humid in there and the spectrum is shifted toward the red, which is supposed to be better for clones.

I think we both need to go to clone school! Remember when I mentioned this master grower who can root a clone in 11 - 12 days? I wasn't looking for information on clones, but on coco coir.

If you want to find out more, just do a search for clones and "coco coir".

My problem with cloning is i'm in soil and can't check roots...have no trouble keeping them alive...

Hey Guys,

I'm back. Sorry for the hiatus (not my idea).

Rather than post a week's worth of pictures, I'll break it up into several smaller posts.

Here's an update on the crop. It's 7 1/2 weeks into flower. The flowers are really getting ripe. I just noticed how differently the branches shake when I move the plants. The branches used to rustle (kinda snap back) when disturbed. Now they sway and the whole plant wobbles.

Here's the entire crop:

Fields Of Gold

FieldsofGold.jpg

And here's one of the nicer buds:

Budding Beauty

BuddingBeauty.jpg

And finally, I managed to get a decent closeup of the trichomes under the red sun:

Trichome Closeup

TriCloseup.jpg

OK, time for part two.

If you remember, I was growing some clones. The big one got fried a bit so I chopped off the entire top, basically putting it back to where it started.

Here's a picture of the emergency surgery. In the lower left, you can see the top I lopped off.

Triage Unit

TriagedClone.jpg

It actually bounced back after the trim and put out new shoots. Here's a picture of her today:

Rehab Sucks !

BigClone.jpg

Here's a picture of the smaller clone that I wanted to preserve. The mother is the pick of the litter in many ways. I cloned it even later than the first three. It stayed dormant forever! Finally, it too has started to perk up and is twice its original size.

The new leaves look totally different from the old ones. If you look half way down the plant, you'll see the serated leaves that were from the original cutting. All the stuff above there is new growth.

I'm a Big Girl Now !

SmallClone.jpg

Back
Top Bottom