Choose My LED Grow Light - $150 Budget

kaivorth

Growing a single plant in a closet right now. Might expand this summer.

Here are my options. All from Amazon.

GalaxyHydro 300w $110
Mars Reflector48 $100
  • I like the option to only have the veg/bloom lights you need. Saves power.
Roleadro 400w COB $130
Mars600 $150

Anyone have any preference? I want just 1 lamp for my grow. I'm looking for reliability and performance. Ordering tonight

You could also go with 2 of the Old Style Mars300s That would give you a little flexibility. :peace:

I thought about that. They're $65 on eBay. I just wish they had the switch for veg/bloom to save power usage, or a longer warranty. They're good for only a year :(

I would also get two of the old style Mars Hydro. For the price you can't beat them. I feel if they last the first year they will be fine. In my opinion Mars Hydro is the best budget light out there.

I just got some of those cheap Mars Hydro 300's and got them today. Never done LEDs before but for the price I had to pick up a pair. Anyone know the ideal height off the plant for those?

I was told to start them around 24"-30" for the first few days then move them down to 18"-24" for veg and 12" to 18" for flower. I'm starting with cfls for a few weeks before i make the switch because i really like the tight node spacing daylight cfls give. As more roots hit my rez tho I'm going to want the extra light.

does it have to be led? for your budget you would get much better results with a duel spec hps set up. Those panels arent great, i know people will argue otherwise but trust me go hps on that budget.

the panels that really do work cost £££. i know my grow partner has his own led company and we tested lots diff panels. Alot of people using leds here have never grown big or done enough grows to have a real legit comparison. Im not saying leds dont work, im saying be prepared to pay for the panels that do.

village if starting leds over seedlings id have them 4ft above but if on plants a couple of foot is plenty space. allow lights to adjust to led then you can have panels alot closer.

Well if ya can come up with a little more money the mars hydro reflector 96X5 is really nice and it cost me like $168 USD. Would be more then enough for one plant. Here's a taste of what this light can do
WP_20160128_02_41_37_Pro.jpg
WP_20160128_02_19_33_Pro.jpg

These are my current flowering girls they are day 47 since the flip to 12/12

Back
Top Bottom