CKS Sour Diesel with scrog

415friendly

Strain: Crop King Seeds Sour Diesel Feminized
Media: Promix HP in 10 gallon pot
Nutrients: Green Planet 3 part media
Tent Size: 3 x 3 x 6
Lights: DIY Cob 320W (Veg) 470W (Flower)
Additional: Small oscillating fan and Humidifier.

It’s been almost 5 years since I created a grow journal. In that time I feel I’ve gone from a complete novice to someone that kind of knows the basics and has been experimenting. I also had some serious problems with spider mites after trying to veg outdoors which was incredibly frustrating.

Germination
Grow was started at the end of November with 2 seeds, both of which germinated, but 1 never sprouted after transfer to solo cups. As my tent was occupied with the previous grow, I placed zip loc bags over top of the solo cups to create a humid environment and then placed the cups on my work bench in the garage under LED lights.

Veg Phase
Last couple grows, I’ve been using a humidifier in the tent and set it for 65% humidity. Previous grows had no humidifier and had suffered from spider mites. Since controlling the humidity, spider mites have not been a problem.
An oscillating fan has helped seedlings develop stronger stalks and kept them from getting too leggy, and this plant was no exception.
No pictures of the seedling, baby cannabis plants all look the same so I’ve stopped taking pictures of them, but I probably should, primarily to help pinpoint when the grow began.
No topping. I didn’t top the plant, but once the plant reached 3 sets of nodes, I pinched the stem and bent the plant over. It healed itself upright, basically undoing the damage I had just done. Since I only had 1 plant, I decided I would try a scrog. I haven’t done a scrog since my very first grow,

Scrog or not to scrog
I haven’t done one in a very long time for a number of reasons:
1. Can’t pull the plant out of the tent easily to cull dead leaves or prune
2. Watering is a pain
3. Didn’t think it was really necessary. I’d been tying stems down after topping for previous grows
4. The effort involved in putting the screen together.

This time, I decided to try a scrog again to help even out the canopy a bit, providing a bit more control over the spread of the plant throughout the tent.

January 31st (Roughly 2.5 months after germination)
7D11C84F-FED2-42DF-B41E-0EBA0A2645E0.jpeg

At this point, I didn’t want to take the time spreading out the plant; I had done enough tucking and weaving and figured this was a pretty even canopy and nicely spread out. Switched to Flower light schedule

Flower Phase
Flowering brings with it the addition of an extra bank of lights. I stick with the Green Planet 3 part nutrient scheme but also add in their Liquid W8, which I think is really just Molasses but the formulation has worked for me in the past so I keep using it.

January 31
View from the top, lots of bud sites. Wife is very happy we’re going to get a good looking plant
0052D9E6-26AC-46D2-BF3E-5B59B0F7587C.jpeg

February 11 (almost 2 weeks after light switch)
7AE1D49D-F2F2-4E24-B7B1-95706203BE78.jpeg

February 19 (2.5 weeks after light schedule switch)
F7357E78-CD15-4381-91D0-DE40B9795450.jpeg

Transition to flower is complete, and the plant has undergone it’s stretch. Did some mild pruning to clear out some of the growth in the middle. Reaching the back of the plant is just not possible.

March 3 (Late flowering)
822F2F4E-41A9-48B0-AA58-9777E7525CD5.jpeg

Roughly 5 weeks after light cycle shift, this grow is exceeding my expectations. Plant is taking roughly a gallon of water/nutrients a day. I can see trichomes forming and my carbon filter is not keeping up with the fragrant smells coming from my garage.

I can’t believe this is all coming from one plant. I was a bit concerned at this point that the. Plant would not be able to support the growth, but the scrog is providing some support and nothing is flopping over under the weight of the buds

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom