Clone inner node leaves curling but healthy?

I read this somewhere and was wondering what you all thought? I've seen this on clones and didn't know if it was a stress issue, even though the plant was nice green and had no other issue to really report. I wish I had a picture. I'll see if i can find one somewhere. But it just the small sugar leaves that have the issue not the fan leaves.

"I've one plant that has the curled, or 'hooked' leaves.

It's growing alongside another plant that hasn't shown any signs of curling, in the same container at that. That is...both plants are growing in identical conditions.

So I did up some clones, sure as hell, the clones of the curled mother plant right away began showing the same effect. A node starts out healthy enough, but as the days pass, it hooks over when a new node begins to develop. With all things being equal, the results led me to believe, at least in the case of the one plant and her clones...

It's genetic.

So, if you've any cloning to you...do up a pair of cutlings and see if the same effect continues on to the clones"

The new leaves on my plants are often extremely curled when they appear. But it outgrows quite fast. So Id like to see the clones curled leaves after some more days, I bet they geormal again.

After more research, the only other viable issue that i can find is an over fert on Nitrogen. Would too much N cause just the smaller leaves to have issues, and not the larger leaves? I thought it worked in reverse to that, larger leaves show over N signs first, smaller ones second?

Back
Top Bottom