Closet DWC Skunk Northern Lights

Here are some pics from a couple days ago..
DSCN0692.png

DSCN0688.png

DSCN0685.png

DSCN0677.png

DSCN0676.png

I've since increased the bondage on the big plant. I'll post more pics soon.

I'm getting ready to take some clones, but I need to make some sort of chamber for them. I have an extra air pump and mini plastic tub so I'll see what I can get out of that.

The clones need to be taken as a means of pruning really, things are getting foresty in this plant. I'm trying to make sure the plant can breath.

I've been doing some pruning but I don't want to over do it.

The exhaust fans have seem to gone out so its hot as balls inside that box and thus I'm using a lot of ice to keep it cool in there, or at the very least; keep the water cool. The heat damaged a couple of fan leaves a little bit, a couple of tips got crispy but its all good. I needed a reason to prune.

DSCN0759.png

DSCN0758.png

DSCN0760.png

DSCN0755.png

DSCN0718.png

:peace:

Thanks UglyMuppet!
I feel like I may have a few more deficiencies even other then that. Is there a cal-mag solution that has worked well for you?

I also made the rookie mistake of placing a light, unstably too close to the plant and some leaves got burned as the CFL rested on them while I was away.

I think I'mg going to graft the dream queen onto the big baby and hope that this will solve the dq's issues. But I don't want to do that until the everything is nice and healthy.

I'll update this better later.

Thanks for all the comments & help. I love any constructive comments/advice!

:peace::rollit:

I got that little plant the fuck outta there today, i tried to graft it onto the big one in a couple places. One cutting already died, we'll see how the other spot does. That plant was pretty frail.

The Skunk/NL is a dense bushy lil' mo fo. It does have some deficiencies on the lower branches but I'll get those taken care of soon.

DSCN0765.png

Thanks guys! Its great to have more people stopping by, that said lets hope there's still something to watch by the end of this.

Today the water in my bucket was hot, the plant generally fine, but one of the major shoot's very top leaf was shriveled and dead ish, of course I assumed I should change all the h20. So I refilled the rez with 2.8 gals or Reverse Os. and .2 gal of tap water that I ran over my hand to hopefully alleviate chlorine etc. Added a little less than the recommended level of nutes and put it all back together. The plant's roots were sitting inside a cold metal bucket so maybe that, coupled with the shock of the very cold water after their hot bath may have screwed them. Duh. Also I feel like I am seeing a little root rot, but I cant be sure. The roots don't seem too slimy.

But for now I'm not sure what to do. I just gave the roots another airbath for a few minutes but still allowing some taproots to reach the water. Should I strip the plant and make it into some clones, while everything is still green? I don't really want to be that rash, but at the same time I'm not trying to lose this little lady.

The whole plant looks droopy. Its like the plants boner has left it completely, if you're a fan of simile. The tops are tipping to sides and the leaves are resting on the branches, etc. I just feel like it must be the result of the temp change. As it went from bathtub temp to ice cold basically a flash. Just one more reason not to tend garden high.

:peace:

hey chief from what you said id have to agree with you I just think your plants are in shock any time The roots drop or rise above 10deg fast like that they are prone to shock im also doing dwc while the roots are in shock spray your plants with nute rich water this way they at least take in something while recovering and id say run the humidity at 60-65% your plants should pop back up in your case the plants will get there boner back haha and as far as your roots curling make sure they arnt getting strangled by your net pot my roots got chopped by the edges of the net pot

Yeah RobbyGreen we were both right I think! The plant snapped out of it and is back in action. And due to some lst, theres a new kid on the block that thinks its the top of the plant...so we'll see how that goes.

I kind of feel like tying that one down now and encouraging some other up and comers to shoot up. The plant is pretty bushy already.

One negative though. Bugs are back, so I sprayed it down with some rosemary water last night and this morning. It seemed to work last time. I'll just be more persistent this time.

But on the upside, there are some gorgeous, dark, seven fingered, leaves fanning out all over this little girl. And the stem is getting to be a mini trunk.

:peacetwo:

Hi chiefgrnleaf

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom