Northern Lights Auto: Budget LED & First Grow

Day 38:

Nothing much to update today, but I thought maybe I should just take a snap shot of my set up.

So here it is:
IMG_007281.JPG

Well things are reaching level: ridiculous!

Here is the rh controller I bought, it turns on a humidifier or dehu, which ever is required to maintain the desired rh level.
IMG_007380.JPG

I also got on this am and ordered the matching switch that controls temp, a ceramic IR bulb to control overnight temps, a half dozen fabric pots, AN Big Bud and Overdrive...

So ya, I'm officially out of control...

I don't know much but I can add this one thing. I am currently running 50 of the same strain (auto fem purp express). All same conditions. Many of them are the same age. Some grew faster than others in the beginning. It's looking now like the ones that shot out in front of the others during veg. have stopped growing up and started growing out. While the others that lagged behind are now in flower and catchimg up. They are about to pass the ones that took off big time during veg. My best guess is that every plant grows differently even though they are the same strain. Some take certain genetic traits of the mother and others don't take on those traits. Sometimes certain traits are more prevalent than others even though it's the same strain. I only know this from my experience and research. I am not all knowing. I hope someone can elaborate on my point or correct me. Peace.

I don't know much but I can add this one thing. I am currently running 50 of the same strain (auto fem purp express). All same conditions. Many of them are the same age. Some grew faster than others in the beginning. It's looking now like the ones that shot out in front of the others during veg. have stopped growing up and started growing out. While the others that lagged behind are now in flower and catchimg up. They are about to pass the ones that took off big time during veg. My best guess is that every plant grows differently even though they are the same strain. Some take certain genetic traits of the mother and others don't take on those traits. Sometimes certain traits are more prevalent than others even though it's the same strain. I only know this from my experience and research. I am not all knowing. I hope someone can elaborate on my point or correct me. Peace.

Good insight! Being autos, and having one flower well over a week before the others I found odd. There are so many variables, but we will just have to wait and see exactly how different they finish.

Hey Moss, I have the same temp/humidity setup. it works well. That said, I noticed you put it inside the enclosure. It has lights on it and it is my understanding that any light at night is bad. You may want to tape it over or move it out. I did.

Madge... I hadn't actually considered that... I need my box to stay stealth so tape it shall be!

Hey Moss, I have the same temp/humidity setup. it works well. That said, I noticed you put it inside the enclosure. It has lights on it and it is my understanding that any light at night is bad. You may want to tape it over or move it out. I did.

+1

You don't want any light during the night cycle. I'm in the same boat- need to find a way to keep the ladies safely warm at night.. I think I'm going to invest in another seedling heating pad. That way the roots stay toasty. I'm not worried about frost. But it gets cold in the evening want the plant to be warm enough to do its thing.

+1

You don't want any light during the night cycle. I'm in the same boat- need to find a way to keep the ladies safely warm at night.. I think I'm going to invest in another seedling heating pad. That way the roots stay toasty. I'm not worried about frost. But it gets cold in the evening want the plant to be warm enough to do its thing.

I live in Vancouver where it's a bit cooler than normal right now. As a result of my garage being colder I went on Amazon and order a ceramic Ir bulb which I plan on hooking up to a temp control switch. A cheap $12 fix that will help regulate my night Temps and by extension my humidity spikes.

Day 41: Change is brewing!

Today I decided that I'm going to change the lighting schedule for my babies. A friend is giving me 2 Green Crack clones and the 18/6 light sked will work for both crops.

My issue is space and I'm hoping that my harvest will line up with growth in Veg. I couldn't turn down 2 free plants, so if it doesn't work out no loss as they're headed for the trash anyway.

5 plants! I'm stoked!

:Namaste:

Day 42: First day of 18/6

Well the plants spent the 6 hours dark (previous 20/4) and came out looking well rested.

Anyone have any feedback as far as progress? I'm thinking my 2 exterior plants are pretty far behind.

Peterson: it was really having an issue with oath so I experimented a bit. My thought was to not waste energy on all the foliage and work on buds. The gamble seems to have paid off as the colas have taken off.

IMG_008081.JPG

IMG_008371.JPG

Moss: well into flower and is easily 1 week ahead of e other two. It does have the best spot in the box, as I decided I wanted to have one decent plant instead of 3 below average as it's my first time.

IMG_008181.JPG

IMG_008481.JPG

Favre: This is the least exciting plant... its close to full bloom, so it's close to the action.

IMG_008281.JPG

IMG_008566.JPG

What odd is my middle plant is a lot more grey than the others. It's healthy as an oz I think but a really cool colour. I'm hoping the buds and fan leaves get some good pigment when it's all over.

IMG_008674.JPG

I have 3 cookies in my system so the typing might be terrible...

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom