First Grow Auto Northern Lights

Tried to FIM the Northern Light girl but I think I completely missed
And topped her instead, not that it's a bad thing lol
IMG_20150623_132444.jpg
Topped the Nirvana maui-wowie today
IMG_20150623_132230.jpg

Also bother girls took well to there first dose of ferts
Like u say no probs, you can try again with the 2 new cola's instead...nice ;)

I´ve read (but honestly never tried myself) that you can get the nice ¨U¨ shaped cut needed for a FIM by bending a thin razor blade and using the curve of the bent part to make the cut.
Good luck!

Tried to FIM the Northern Light girl but I think I completely missed
And topped her instead, not that it's a bad thing lol
IMG_20150623_132444.jpg
Topped the Nirvana maui-wowie today
IMG_20150623_132230.jpg

Also bother girls took well to there first dose of ferts

I also tried to fim my NL a couple days back and I think I might have missed as well:( my last one started to flower around day 30 so ide say do whatever you need to do by day 22-25 to give it time to recover before going into flower and LST when in stretch mode if needed.The biggest thing I learned through my first one was don't over feed and keep an eye on your runnoff ph.Even with nute lockout for the last half of flowering it still yielded around 2oz of nice frosty buds but hoping for better results this grow.Keep up the good work,your plants are looking great

I also tried to fim my NL a couple days back and I think I might have missed as well:( my last one started to flower around day 30 so ide say do whatever you need to do by day 22-25 to give it time to recover before going into flower and LST when in stretch mode if needed.The biggest thing I learned through my first one was don't over feed and keep an eye on your runnoff ph.Even with nute lockout for the last half of flowering it still yielded around 2oz of nice frosty buds but hoping for better results this grow.Keep up the good work,your plants are looking great

It happens right live and learn. I literally just started ferts and trying to use them as little as possible. I'm going to be adding in malaises to the ferts mix soon as well.

Hey rideout,I noticed with mine the fim started to open up and start to grow yesterday so maybe I didn't miss:) probably took around 4 days so keep an eye out for it on yours.At worst you will still get 2 colas instead of 1

Exactly I'm happy either way. That being said, it was the first try
On the first grow. There will be many more to come. I'd be just as happy with two cola. Plus I have more fem Auto NL seeds as well as Chem dawg seeds lots more chances.

Guess I should also add these are what I used for soil. 25% vigor black earth and humus, 25% premium potting soil, lastly 50% premier compost manure. At first I really didn't think she would take to it, then out of now where she started to shoot up fast. Very happy with it
IMG_20150614_143149.jpg

You need perlite or something to help with drainage. You will have slower root growth without drainage.

I learned / realized that after unfortunately. Next time I mix I have perlite ready to go. Unfornetly I hope this dosnt bite me to badly in the end

Dont worry rideouts it wont bite ye too hard...next time though add perlite or similar, maybe use fabric pots for extra oxygene too. But looking good so far buddy!
:thumb:

So it's been a few days since I have had a look at my lady's. It was great to see how much growth has gone on.
But today I had a very interesting find. My nirvana maui waui clone has been in veg for 28 days and doing wonderful. Her light schdual has been 18/6 the entire time. Like the NL she was topped and took to it well. Both girls 3 days after topping received a quarter strength dose of ferts mixed with a quarter dose of malasease mixed in. Both plants took extremely well to this. Now for my interesting find she started putting out pistols. But only the NMW
IMG_20150628_172848.jpg
IMG_20150628_173036.jpg

So it's been a few days since I have had a look at my lady's. It was great to see how much growth has gone on.
But today I had a very interesting find. My nirvana maui waui clone has been in veg for 28 days and doing wonderful. Her light schdual has been 18/6 the entire time. Like the NL she was topped and took to it well. Both girls 3 days after topping received a quarter strength dose of ferts mixed with a quarter dose of malasease mixed in. Both plants took extremely well to this. Now for my interesting find she started putting out pistols. But only the NMW
IMG_20150628_172848.jpg
IMG_20150628_173036.jpg

This is you plant showing pistils signaling that she is mature and ready to flower. All female cannabis plants shows this sign while in veg when the plant is mature and ready to flower. We sometimes switch lights before this happens and makes the plant go into flower. Its best to let a plant mature first before switching to flower. This is also how I sex my plants before they go into flower.

So it's day 32 with no flowering starting just yet. I just wanted to ask when does NL auto start into budding. My girl in the past two days has put on a good 3-4 inch. And I'm starting to notice her stretch.

What light schedule are you on? My NL is a shorty pheno I think. She took the topping, I guess but I don't know I should have grown that strain once before I started playing.

Yours looks good:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom