Indoor Northern Lights Feminized - LEDs

It is depending on pot size, The picture I posted, needs a wide pot, the topping/manifold just need space above pot. The stress in manifolding, in my eyes, is little. You top, and wait for more growth so it isn't that bad.

Let's do the topping on this one. Pot size really isn't that big. Thanks

It is depending on pot size, The picture I posted, needs a wide pot, the topping/manifold just need space above pot. The stress in manifolding, in my eyes, is little. You top, and wait for more growth so it isn't that bad.

Yes, thanks for the link. I got busy and not able to get back to the computer until now. I will go through the postJand pick out what I need to move forward with topping. Should be real interesting. Thanks again.

Just went to the link and through the journal. Looks real interesting. Amazing how different every grower does things. Looking forward to hearing more from you and others about topping/manifolding. Thanks.

Oly, did you see link I posted above?

Subbed. Looking forward to the training. That graphic AngryBird posted is interesting. Not sure if I want to follow that or top like you plan or super-crop. Guess I'll figure it out soon enough. :)

You have this too:
Image_0395.jpg

NL reached the 4th node so I topped her. Also read through some more journals and got even busier keeping things clean and bug tight. Did some spraying outside the grow room just as a precaution. Everything inside has been sterilized and not taken outside for other duties. Hope it stays bug and rodent free this time around. Anyway, she is growing like a weed as they say....lol. Doesn't appear to need any nutrients yet. I guess I should begin to ask for some help in deciding which way is best to fertilize. I am wondering if worm castings would be enough or would she need other chemical or organic additions. Please weigh in on the pros and cons of each if you have the time. This hobby sure can eat up an afternoon and many more to follow but it is all worth the efforts. I have never enjoyed doing anything so much but carpentry work comes in a close second. Had to give that up due to old age and back injuries. Anyway, I included some pics with the LED's on just because they look cool. All pics original without any alterations. Raised the LED's a few inches to get some stretch. Feedback welcome. Let the training begin. Thanks again.
NL_LED_4th_Node_Cut_11-21-16-1.jpg
NL_LED_4th_Node_Cut_11-21-16-3.jpg
NL_LED_4th_Node_Cut_11-21-16-5.jpg
NL_LED_4th_Node_Cut_11-21-16-2.jpg
NL_LED_4th_Node_Cut_11-21-16-6.jpg
NL_LED_4th_Node_Cut_11-21-16-4.jpg

The new 30 watt LED bulb arrived today. I about fell over laughing when seeing how small it was. Look at the pic side-by-side shot below. I really doesn't put off much light and not worth the postage and shipping to return it. I guess I will look closer at the specs before buying the next one which is already bought (50 watt) and on the way. The plant is still looking stable. Only watering every 3-4 days waiting until the soil is dry at a knuckle deep. When I dig up the root ball at the end of this grow, I hope to see roots extended to sides of pot and curling around. Comments and feedback always welcome.
NL_LED_11-23-16-6.jpg
NL_LED_11-23-16-5.jpg
NL_LED_11-23-16-4.jpg
NL_LED_11-23-16-3.jpg
NL_LED_11-23-16-2.jpg
NL_LED_11-23-16-1.jpg

:thumb: Looking good in there.

what do you feel most comfortable with? Organic/things you have at home or bottle fertilizers?

fertilizers you make yourself is what I do, for 2 main reasons. I know what goes in and it is way more economical.

It would probably be safer for me and the plant to buy something pre-made. I have several organic grower supply stores nearby that carry FoxFarm and other well known brands. They are pushing a non-liquid fertilizer called Quadrant (or something like that). I used to raise red wiggler worms and still have them working my outdoor compost pile for the outdoor vege garden. But not sure about bringing anything inside from the compost pile. There are some nasty looking critters in that pile. Anyway, something pre-made that will not burn the plant if I don't get the measurements right. Thanks again for the help.

That new LED is the Mini-Me version. :) I thought I was looking at my Acu-Rite in the pic above, we've got almost identical #'s except my high temp is only 77.

How many days old is your plant using day 1 for when she sprouted? She looks really good.

I believe she sprouted on the 3rd. So it would be 21 days today. I took the first pics on the 5th. I'm getting serious with this grow. I finally got all the kinks worked out with seed selection, sprouting, starter soils, grow area, temperatures, humidity, exhaust and intake air flow, bug prevention, water ph, lighting, etc....now I am trying to figure out the fertliizer. My last indoor grow got ruined because I put too much concentrated liquid FoxFarm on the plants. They never recovered. Hoping not to repeat the same mistakes. If there is some kind of fertilizer that is slow release that I can just dig into the soil it would work best for me. If you look at my starter soil mix it should be good until I'm nearly ready to move from vegging to blooming. Thanks for any help.

Should I start now or wait for the plant to show signs of needing a boost? Thanks. What do you think about straight worm castings or worm tea?

I love it. I was talking to ken worth, wanting to build a worm box. and Tomula had some worms in his pots. Natures best:thumb:
Northern Lights are auto plants or just fem?

That new LED is the Mini-Me version. :) I thought I was looking at my Acu-Rite in the pic above, we've got almost identical #'s except my high temp is only 77.

How many days old is your plant using day 1 for when she sprouted? She looks really good.
Ha I was about to say the same thing, and my top temp is the same 66 to 77

Sent from my SM-T210 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

For what it's worth, it seems many folks say LED's create a need for additional Cal/Mag. I've been using General Hydroponics for all my nutes. Their Flora trio and their CaliMagic. I do 1/2 strength in my water THEN adjust the ph.

Hi Oly, nice thread. I will be around to see the show.
straigh worm castings are nice amendment or top dressing, and the tea is better if you want to see an inmediate effect.

I would add earthworms, red worms wont make much of a difference, they are compost worms and normally live near the surface. Earthworms burrow galleries that aereate the soil.

Back
Top Bottom