Indoor Northern Lights Feminized - LEDs

Hello Olypen i see you talking about worms and vermiculture. I have done a little research on the castings fresh out of the worm hut and from what I understand you can use your castings as a topping or in your seedling cups. They say you can grow right in the castings if you want and will not need nutes. I have just mixed a gallon of water with one cup of fresh castings, I will leave it for one week and use as a foliar feed. I also casting topped my ill Trainwreck and on a healthy Greencrack. I poured one red cupfull on each and surrounded the top of a one day old Trainwreck seedling. As far as worms go red wiggler is the ticket, others wont work. I wouldn't put worms in the pots because if they didn't like it they would escape. I am going to try this out and see what happens. I will take pics later and post on my thread. Peace

Something unusual.....after topping the girl several days ago, I thought this would produce 2 new stems. Instead there are 4 new stems. Is this unusual? If one topping produces 4 new stems then I will only need to top it one more time to end up with 20 colas. Wow.....Decided to use the Hendrikus Organics Complete fertilizer. The main reason is to avoid any burns or over feeding. Got a gallon of soil mix ready to mix with the fertilizer. The girl needs some height so I raised the LED's a few inches. Put on some manufactured pulleys bought for a few bucks on Amazon. These will take the work out of raising and lowering the lights. Should get the 50 watt LED bulb tomorrow to replace the 36 watt that needs fixing every few days. Enjoy the pics. Thanks for the feedback and comments welcome.
NL_LED_11-25-16-2.jpg
NL_LED_11-25-16-3.jpg
NL_LED_11-25-16-4.jpg
NL_LED_11-25-16-5.jpg
NL_LED_11-25-16-6.jpg
NL_LED_11-25-16-7.jpg
NL_LED_11-25-16-8.jpg
NL_LED_11-25-16-9.jpg
NL_LED_11-25-16-14.jpg
NL_LED_11-25-16-13.jpg
NL_LED_11-25-16-12.jpg
NL_LED_11-25-16-11.jpg
NL_LED_11-25-16-10.jpg
NL_LED_11-25-16-1.jpg

The first pic is of the 3 different LED bulbs I got when ordering. The large one is rated 36w. The middle size one rated 50w. The small one rated 30w. I had trouble with the large one and eventually the second one stopped working. No response from shipper. The second pic is of my grow space. Just to give some perspective it is 2 ft wide, 3 ft deep, and 6 ft high. Sealed door, intake vent, exhaust vent, portable heater with thermostat and small circulation fan. Everything is on timers. 18 on/6 off for plant. Fan and exhaust fan on. Plant seems to be doing well. LED lifted to 12 inches above. Ordered new LED panel for more light. Here is the info.

MarsHydro Mars300 LED Grow Light Full Spectrum ETL Certification Lighting for Hydroponic Indoor Greenhouse / Garden Plants Growing, 132W True Watt Panel

Description:

For Indoor Plants Growth & Flower
LED Type: High efficiency 5W Epistar LEDs
Spectrum of Light: 450~475nm 620~630nm, 650~660nm, and white
LED Output Power: 60pcs*5watt
Power Consumtion : 110v: 132watt±5% 220v: 129watt±5%
Voltage(AC):85-265V
Frequency:50/60Hz
Ampere:1.33A/110V 0.68A/220V
Lumen: 110v: 4,377lumen 220v: 4,281lumen
Coverage Area: Veg Growth: 2'×2' =4sq.ft Bloom Flower: 1.5'×1.5'=2.25sq.ft
Noise Level: 56DB
Dimension: 330mm*200mm*70mm/12''*8''*3''
N.W.: 5.58lbs /2.53KG
G.W.: 7.21lbs /3.27KG
White painted casing.
Lifespan: 50000-100000 hours
View Angle of leds: 90/120°Mixed
Package Include: 1 piece MarsHydro300 led grow light/Power cord/Steel hanging kit
Recommended Lighting Time:
Recommended Vegetative Stage: 14-18 hours on .Flowering Stage: 10-12 hours on.
Recommended Coverage: 2*2ft(Veg), 1.5*1.5ft(Flowering)
Just indoor gardens and greenhouses use only. NOT intended for outdoor use.

NL_LED_11-28-16-1.jpg
NL_LED_11-28-16-2.jpg
NL_LED_11-28-16-3.jpg
NL_LED_11-28-16-6.jpg
NL_LED_11-28-16-4.jpg
NL_LED_11-28-16-5.jpg

Tomorrow is the day to decide between the 2 ferts. Still time to weigh in choice between the 2. I am a bit hesitant about using the liquid FoxFarm because of past experience burning plants. But on the other hand, the time release stuff that gets mixed on top of the soil might not be enough fert for the plant when it needs extra boost. Tough call.

Complete 6-4-4 - Hendrikus OrganicsComplete 6-4-4 - Hendrikus Organics

FoxFarm Trio fertilizers: Liquid Nutrient Trio Soil FormulaLiquid Nutrient Trio Soil Formula

Decided to go with the FoxFarm Grow Big to start. Mainly decided based on how much control the liquid fert has over the soil slow release kind of fert. The feeding schedule shows 3 tsp per gallon of water each week. I am playing it safe and starting with 1 tsp per gallon per week. These are just general guidelines so will need to adjust feeding based upon what happens in the pot. It should be interesting anyway. I also trimmed away some of the large fan leaves to open up the interior for air circulation. Hope it forces the growth into the 4 nodes turning into potential bud sites. One more topping later on of each of the nodes should give me several dozen colas to work with. Will see....The Mars 300 watt LED (60 x 5 watt diodes) arrived and got it setup. At first glance it doesn't look as bright or intense as the 3 small LED bulbs. Put it at exactly 18 inches above the plant canopy per recommendations as not to burn the leaves. Time will tell....Topped off the upper layer of potting soil left low when the pot was first filled. This gave me a couple of more inches up the stem for new root growth. I also wasn't sure in the beginning if the seedling was going to get leggy or stay short. When I put the LED bulbs a few inches above the seeding it slowed upward growth and began to fill out.
NL_LED_11-30-16-1.jpg
NL_LED_11-30-16-2.jpg
NL_LED_11-30-16-3.jpg
NL_LED_11-30-16-4.jpg
Lots of changes....will see how it goes.....Any suggestions welcome.

Some new pics. There really is a learning curve on getting the water at the correct ph. I bought some of the ph up and down pre-mix and also used the ph meter from several years back. Thought the diode was gone but the readings matched the color coded chart on the litmus paper wrapper. Anyway, I thought this spring water would have been closer to 6.5 but it was over 7 which is near perfect middle ground for humans. Also adding the liquid fertilizer to the water might of effected the numbers. No changes to the plant after changing out the LED and adding the first application of FoxFarm liquid Grow Big. So far so good but I will watch for any signs of extra stress or chemical reactions. I started with the lowest dose of FF to avoid any plant shock or burn. Feedback always welcome. Thanks for visiting.
NL_LED_12-01-16-4.jpg
NL_LED_12-01-16-3.jpg
NL_LED_12-01-16-2.jpg
NL_LED_12-01-16-1.jpg

Looks good to me!

Thanks for the feedback. I am keepin my fingers crossed this time around hoping not to do anything to screw this up. In the past there have been serious issues with fertilizer, watering and light which ruined the experience. I am listening and reading more to avoid problems before they start.

With the addition of the Mars300 the temperature in the room has been fluxuating more. I guess it will take some tweeking to get the temps and humidity into better ranges. I am thinking a humidity to 45% and temps closer to 75 degree range with fluxuations not more than 10 percent. Any suggestions about venting? I have an exhaust fan set on a timer with 30 minutes on and 60 minutes off. How much continuous co2 works best? Thanks again.

With the addition of your mars300 what was it bringing your average grow room temp to

Sent from my 5054N using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Right off the high temp went to 85 degrees so I turned down the little space heater. I will reset the monitor gauge today to get new readings. I did notice a crack in one of the leaves which might be due to temps set to high or not enough humidity in room. How do I get the average humidity to rise? Thanks.

Thanks for the feedback. Any ideas about how to get the humidity to rise?

a humidifier works great xD but a wet towel near the intake fan works good to rais it a little.
how do you use your exhoust fan still on a timer ??? a thermostat works nice. my exhaust works on a thermostat set at 27c and it runs slow at any time but if it heats up above 27c it kicks on at full speed this also helps with humidity but if you have a small grow box humidity is always hard to get right. my humidity is swinging from 25% to 55% but my plants are fine have not that many probs with that. high humidity near the end when buds have formed are wurse... and about humidity having more or bigger plants will rais humidity to so it naturaly will be a lower humidity when the plants are small. and when it gets hotter in your grow box the plants wil lose some moisture and this will rais humidity as well hope I did not make this to confusing stone of my ass xD

Back
Top Bottom