Northern Lights Auto: Budget LED & First Grow

Yup and now you are on a roll!! plants look to really be digging the added light. Nice that you are making improvements on the fly and learning along the way. It's kinda painful for us newbies but fun at the same time.

Ya, it's nice starting something new, and having an open mind to change. I have a good number of things ill change for next time.

I think this exercise starts out with a simple goal and then gets to be a game of what if's. If the smoke is as good as I got in the legal state I visited this summer it will be worth it. Comparatively speaking this hobby is cheap compared to my other ones and just as rewarding.

Subbed in, loving the journal. It's quite a trip, eh?

The difference between your grow and mine is interesting: it's like your plants KNOW they are in a 4ft high box and they are trying hard to keep low! Like you, I felt like I wasn't doing it at all right until I got a blurple 300W to help out on the lighting. Would love to have 2 like you do, but I think I might go COB for the next light upgrade. Currently running a 300W blurple similar to yours, a 50W round blurple, and a 100W HID (can't run any higher because of the heat the HID's give off, dammit!).

I'm getting great growth just using the standard Jack's 3-2-1 formula, super simple and super cheap.

Cheering you on, man!

Day 30: Cola's showing themselves, and bud sites popping!

Nutrients are still on the same schedule, but I'm soaking the pot with water every 3rd feeding and letting them run a bit dry afterwards.

At the end of the day, I think that 1 of my plants will be a success, while the other two will show the inexperience of the grower. It seems like that middle position in my box is prime real estate, and I'm not cycling it as I would prefer 1 great plant over 3 mediocre ones.

Moss:
IMG_0054106.JPG

Peterson:
IMG_0052113.JPG

Favre:
IMG_0053104.JPG

Bud Shots:

Do these look healthy?

IMG_0055101.JPG
IMG_005692.JPG

Subbed in, loving the journal. It's quite a trip, eh?

The difference between your grow and mine is interesting: it's like your plants KNOW they are in a 4ft high box and they are trying hard to keep low! Like you, I felt like I wasn't doing it at all right until I got a blurple 300W to help out on the lighting. Would love to have 2 like you do, but I think I might go COB for the next light upgrade. Currently running a 300W blurple similar to yours, a 50W round blurple, and a 100W HID (can't run any higher because of the heat the HID's give off, dammit!).

I'm getting great growth just using the standard Jack's 3-2-1 formula, super simple and super cheap.

Cheering you on, man!

It's crazy how much these two grows seem to mirror each other... but you're right. These plants do seem to know that they're growing with limited head space...

I'm here for the show, I love my little autos, I say little because they are supposed to stay little but every once in a awhile they get freakishly bigger then they are supposed to. Check our AGC Auto Grow Club, could use some life in there again, and your ladies are just beautiful

Where is this Auto Grow Club located? Sounds great, as auto are perfect for my setup and grow space.

You have did great job and I don't think that the light has to be as bright for autos as they do photo strain..I like how the lights are all layed out on the antana.

Back
Top Bottom