closet grow

eddoar

Hi! I decided to grow in my closet.
I ve got a skunk#1 seed a 150w cfl and a 1 gallon container.
I know that this plant grow up till 4 feet but i need to keep it short under 2 feet, so do you think it s possible with a 12 hours light cicle from the seed keep this plant short in such a small container without killing it?

I know the yield will be low but i smokes 2 g at month.

Ok but if i veg with 18 hours it will grow too much and i ve got a 1 gallon container so i ve to keep it as short as possible

Actually not as short as possible, but as small as possible, because i fear that the plant will rout bound.( sorry for my english).

Hi! I decided to grow in my closet.
I ve got a skunk#1 seed a 150w cfl and a 1 gallon container.
I know that this plant grow up till 4 feet but i need to keep it short under 2 feet, so do you think it s possible with a 12 hours light cicle from the seed keep this plant short in such a small container without killing it?

I know the yield will be low but i smokes 2 g at month.

Hi eddoar
I think Low Stress Training would help for height problems growing 12/12 from seed
I use pipe cleaners to tie down branches. I LST'd a clone last night to keep height down and increase the yield by having more tops at equal height .This is what I did with this one.
daves_02130.JPG

I was transplanting too but you dont have too or plant it on an angle either
supporting stem in oppossite direction your tying down helps ripping roots up and you just want to lightly arc the stem without bending or worst breaking it.
daves_02321.JPG

daves_02430.JPG

I wouldnt worry of root bound issues since your not seeking most yield possible which would be going for a bigger pot and longer vegging.

For a first grow, I'm using a closet, too, out of space considerations, and nosy neighbors. I lst'd (mainline method) my babies twice, according to the directions given elsewhere) for what I hope to be 4 equal colas each. (not ready to handle 8 colas yet) I used large binder clips along the rim of the pot to anchor the ties to.

I thought I might have overdone the defoliation, but after a few days' rest, the growing tips have perked up nicely and should keep the plants compact enough to fit within the 36" vertical height I have to work with.

Plants are about 12" tall right now plus the height of 3 gallon pots, and are 42 days old from seed, still in veg at 18/6 under 4-13 watt CFLs.

My plan is to let them fill out a couple weeks with no more harassment from me until I set them to flower. From what I've read, they will double in height. So it's going to be a squeeze. But there is room above the closet shelf to raise the lights if need be.
(Growing MMJ - Purple Kush x Mazar, both described to be short and bushy)

If you can, keep the cuttings for clones for backup.

I haven't posted my progress in a while, so here goes:

54 days from seed and the three plants I put under 12/12 showed sex in 7 days! Two of them were definitely males, as I predicted, so they are now chopped and drying in the trim bin.

The third one is showing her hairs, so I pulled another one from veg to join her. Having chopped two, I am now legal with just 6 plants.

It is so kewl to watch MY babies take on the characteristics that I have been seeing in all your photos! What is even more astounding to me is that, in spite of my very economical (cheap) equipment and training methods, every plant looks healthy!

Gave away 3 of my bushiest clones today, and I am pretty sure the other 3 are from the males, so they will get chopped soon. They are bolting like the males did, so I hope my prediction holds in about a week or two under 12/12 with the Big Girls. I may have a system here, to predict which ones will be female.

Decided not to mess with seeds. Just don't have the room. So will be cloning off the ladies as they fill out during flower.

GAWD THIS IS FUN!!!!!!

I DID search flux, WITH the username and this time got 10,000 posts. Thanks for the link!

420magazine.com is amazing! I learn something every day! Yes, fluxing does sound better than mainlining, but neither adequately describes the process.

I have been using this method of training on my first grow. Like pruning of fruit trees, it keeps the center of the plant open for aeration and room for cola growth.

Back
Top Bottom