Corncob's 2x2 Vertical Organic Blumat Fun Time

Corncob

Hello all, and thanks fo reading along. Lots of great information, and helpful hints and tips.

So on with the show

Strain is gdp from seed, and a nice cut of atf that ive had for a bit now.

Medium is soil. I got a bag of tga super soil and cut with a little perlite.

Containers are root pruning. Two air pots, and two rootmakers pots. Both are supposed 3 gallon containers, but hold far more medja the one would believe.

Light is a 400w metal halide magnetic ballast running a 330w philips cmh bulb. Vertical position with fan under, blowing airup

Exhaust is a 4 inch fan with carbon filter blowing through it. Ive had great success with blowing through the filter, cause my filter is large enough not to cause back prexsure issues. Intake is a single 6 inch booster fan pulling air in from the window.

Im running a 2x3 tent at the moment, and finishing up a set of gdp clones that are unimpressive. I mixed my tga soil withsome light mix, and it just didnt have the nutes to finish strongly. Resin is insane, but bud structure is not like I want.

Im pulling oit my old 2x2 tent and stuff my two scroggers in and start the flip.

20150312_2023061.jpg

Vegging with two 27w 5500k cfls and one 55w 2700k cfl

20150312_201322.jpg

Gonna do some more training in a couple days

Still veggin, so ill show you some of my stock

20150312_202416.jpg

Consisting of

Nordle. CBD strain for my wife, and one I use when I have to go shopping in busy malls or costco on the weekend

Dutch treat. Havent flowered out yet, but is next on the list for the vert flower tent.

ATF. Got from my buddy in the yakima valley, who said....... you k ow the rest. What ever it is, I likeit.

Jedi kush. Super tasty, and a nice weed for workin on the car

GDP. Got in seed form last year. Makes some sticky nugs that just smell devine.

And then there is the rose bush.

Well thanks for stopping by, and kf you have any questikns, plesae dont be afraid tk ask​

How are those blumat watering spikes working out for you? How many do you use per pot? I'm going on a 3-4 day vacation, and I need a little extra moisture to keep them going good. Looking good by the way.

How are those blumat watering spikes working out for you? How many do you use per pot? I'm going on a 3-4 day vacation, and I need a little extra moisture to keep them going good. Looking good by the way.

Thanks mtnberner! The blumats work wonders. I use a two bucket res, one holding 6 gallons ro water with silica, and a 5 gallon bucket, that feeds and keeps the main res topped off. The biggest point I can get outisthatyou need tohave a consistent feed bucket level. If not, your blumats wont feed evenly, due to head pressure drops. I just attached a float valve to tge feed bucket, andthe water pump keeps steadypressureon the valve until the plants eat, the as thewater level starts to drop, the float opens and tops off. My main feed bucket always it topped off. The feed line just drips as much as the plants are feeding.

Getting the set up is important too. I soak mine overnight, while some soak for 5 or 6 hours.

The problems with blumats are this, and is totally my own opinion, others may have a different opknion, andid like to hear them:

I cant run a a rez with nutes. I can use silica, and drip clean, but other then that, any nute waterings are done by hand, if at all.

The large feed line they sell, as well as all their accessories for that matter, are all proprietary. I have found blacklatex rubber tubing that works, but it can only be used at certian points in the feed line. Say you have a shutoff valve, blumat proprietary piece. You have to use their feed line tubing up to, and after the shutoff valve, but I justplaced a 180 degree piece, again, blumat proprietary piece, shortly after the shutoff valve. This allows me to have flexible tubing coming into my grow room. That hard feed line is completely silly. It doesnt flex, and its really easy to trip on. Itz so stiff, youhave to cut it off the elbows, and use pliersto pullthe tiny remainingpiece off the elbow.

Sorry for rambling, a bit baked.

Sometimes I wish I hadn't found them, cause I almost don't even lookinto my veg room anymore. Justto adjust lights

Thanks for the info, so just one spike per pot? Since I was only planning on using them for a couple days while gone on vacation and I have only two plants, I don't want to get too elaborate with the set up, do you think a plastic gallon milk jug as a reservoir would work? (They would each have their own gallon jug so they would get fed evenly).

If it's a few days, get the blumat jr.s. They use a siphon action feed instead of pressure. That way you can leave for 4 days or so and they'll be okay.

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom