Costa Rican 1st Time Grower

GoodYodels, Sorry to hear about the one plant.... But WOW that girl is looking good! Keep up the good work.

Tips for DWC: Dont put the maximum amount of nutes in reservoir. I try and keep my nutes at 50% suggested in reservoir and slow work your way up if you want.

Also you will need to get some beneficiary bacteria if you dont want root problems. I use "Aquashield", They are many name brands on the market! Even if roots are perfectly healthy now still get something for it!

Looking good!

Thank you all for your advice it has been really useful.

Antics , I chose the strongest ones thanks. I have some questions below.

HunterNitro. I wish I had Aquashield or something like that, but here in my country it is so hard to find imported stuff. Maybe not hard but if you find it you have to pay 2x its original price. For example, I payed 80$ for my flora series pack which you can find for 40$ in amazon. And if I want to bring it directly its so much trouble cuz you must have some permissions from health institutions and etc etc.

But here is a picture of the roots so far.

Remember its in its third week and it comes from a clone.

DSC_0491_1_.jpg

Here are my 2 main colas that I chose:
DSC_04942.jpg

Ok. Here are my 2 questions.

Number 1. Look at the picture and as you can see the 2 main colas are wired to make a 90 degree angle with the main trunk... BUT I left all the vegetation below those 2 main colas and they seem to be growing non stop. And the 2 main colas dont seem to grow as much as the underneath vegetation.

In the picture my hand is holding a branch under the 2 main colas. Should I cut everything except the 2 main?

DSC_05015.jpg

Number 2. In the next 2 pictures is how each of my 2 main colas look like at their ends. I was wondering if I did it well and if it will keep growing from there?

DSC_05036.jpg

DSC_05052.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------o----------------------------------------------------------

Plant right now.

DSC_05024.jpg

Ok I'll start from the top.

The two main colas might not be growing as fast now from the shock of the topping. But your lower colas are growing, so let them keep growing. A Cola is a cola... it doesn't matter if it comes from the lowest branch, or the highest. Two of my best colas on my last harvest were from the 2nd lowest branches.

If you are fluxing, I believe you'd remove all the lower growth. But if you are just growing a plant, you can leave all the lower growth. I only remove lower branches that grow slowly, stay skinny, and don't get any light. If a branch is growing fast, I keep it.

Everything looks good to me. Your plant might also grow out extra branches from your top 2 cola branches.

GoodYodels, I cant really see that root picture good. Is that slime on your roots? I know it must suck to pay double for products! In DWC though you WILL have to have some kind of root treatment. Beneficiary bacteria (aquashield) works best for me. You can get it for less than $20 on amazon. If you have slime on your roots your plant will not make it unless you do something about it! She sure is looking good!!! Keep up the great work!

Hey Yodels,

Looks like you've been to Pachamama :)

Yes - I know your neck of the woods pretty well...........

Your grow is looking good..... I don't know much about DWC but be careful to keep your water temps down below 80 degrees from what I have read. Should not be a problem this round with the weather as it is now but you'll probably run into some issues come around January...........

FYI - there are a ton ways to bring things "In Country" "Under Customs"....... PM when can I will send you an email for a cargo shipper. But be smart and order some powdered nutes so you don't pay to ship water :)

Pura Vida,
DS

ty bro

Hey Yodels,

Looks like you've been to Pachamama :)

Yes - I know your neck of the woods pretty well...........

Your grow is looking good..... I don't know much about DWC but be careful to keep your water temps down below 80 degrees from what I have read. Should not be a problem this round with the weather as it is now but you'll probably run into some issues come around January...........

FYI - there are a ton ways to bring things "In Country" "Under Customs"....... PM when can I will send you an email for a cargo shipper. But be smart and order some powdered nutes so you don't pay to ship water :)

Pura Vida,
DS

Looking great!!! When your buds start forming get those lights as close as you can to them. That will be the time light is critical in bud production and will determine your yield! Once the stretch is over you can bring the lights within inches and not worry about burning as long as it doesnt touch the plant.

ty very much ! Will it stop strectching??? like in what week? im kinda worried lol its going up extremely fast. I can notice changes day a day.

ty very much ! Will it stop strectching??? like in what week? im kinda worried lol its going up extremely fast. I can notice changes day a day.

thats just perfeccttt! :) - good job!

That is great work :thumb:

Thnx bro. Since im using DWC system, yesterday I had to clean the bucket and change water. When I lifted the net pot I fortgot to untie one branch, so imagine what happened to it. Luckily it didnt break at all , but its one of the main colas. So what I did was to tape it as fast as I could.

So im crossing my fingers. I have read about amazing recoveries but also about some misfortuned ones. I believe each case is unique and it depends on your plant, its conditions, and the love you put to it lol. Later at night ill be posting the new pictures! Ty Antics

hope everything turns out ok :(

Hope all is well in your world.

How did your grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom