Cough Medicine

Chek

I will be going to home depot soon for supplies. I have a 400w hps demensions 12x12x19 fully enclosed with ballast in hood. Also a can fan 12 " x6". The seeds are strawberry cough from a trusted breeder. This thread will cover construction and I may decide to pollinate and backcross my favorites from this collection. I could use some advice as I go about building the box, heat from this hard to cool light is my biggest concern at the moment:thanks:

Demensions of box will me 5 1/2 Ft by 4 ft by 2 ft. Chamber goes to 4 1/2 ft of growspace top will hold light, fan and filter in seperate chamber to keep temps in chek. Strawberry cough is 60% sativa so I needed the space to avoid flowering prematurely, it goes to 3 to 3 1/2 feet ripe. Ideas?

First off, great choice of strain, I have 10 feminized strawberry cough waiting to be planted (summer). Make sure you have room for height, and make the closet either so that you can raise and lower the lights, or raise and lower a shelf that the plants sit on (the 2' depth) also, make sure it's white and such, you know the deal. Make sure you have a good adjustable speed fan pumping in air and another strategically placed fan of equal power pumping out air. You want to create a light breeze that catches all leaves, possibly swirls out of the room.... this controls heat, makes trunk stronger, and gives fresh air (CO2) to your plants. On the way out, after the fan, have a carbon filter of some sort to eliminate smells, but not necessary until they smell. How many are you planning on planting? 2 or 3? make sure to build vertical lights for giving light to lower leaves when it gets tall, vertical flouros are good. It's best to make your first transplant your final transplant, that way you can allow the roots to really flourish. The height of the strawberry cough can go up to 5 feet as i recall, maybe i'm wrong. and flowering is a choice you make when you grow indoors, you can make the plants flower at almost any time. they'll need about 2' horizontal space too.

Stomata use all available co2 in the leaf vacinity within seconds if healthy. So fresh air and air movement will be priorities. I will change my photoperiod to 12/12 when the plants reach 18" tall and expect them to double in size. Any plant that over stretches will be bent and tied. Does this strain respond well to topping? And how well does it clone? This first grow will be for mostly seed, I will among other factors cross phenotypes that display a shorter stature. Then my best p1 mother will be crossed with a f1 male, seeded and backcrossed for even more stabilty in an already stable strain. I'm also interested in a strong indica male(pure afgan) clone for a cross.

The box itself will be smothered in Mylar and will host at least two intake fans, a circulation fan, as well as a filter and exhaust fan. The vertical lights will be 4 two bulb 4' florescents (65w) per bulb so light per m2 will incredibly high.

everything sounds great!
:rollit:

Try this log in then go step by step
#1 photo gallery
#2 click on upload photos
#3click on browse
#4 select your photos to upload
#5 click submit
#6 when they are uploaded go to photo gallery click on my photos it brings up the pics you just downloaded
click on a picture scroll down till you see a link copy the link then go to your journal and click reply you will see a little picture click on that you will see a link box, backspace the http out of it, then paste your photo in the box then click submit and you should see your picture on the page
if i told you right !!!!!!!!!!
Goodluck hope this helped

Back
Top Bottom