Cheks Outdoor grow

what is the heaviest yeilder outdoors?

• Total voters
Okay so with two growrooms and a host of various sized outdoor ladies this summer I thought it would be less confusing to separate the two. The strain going outside is a strawberry cough hybrid, I don't have the exact details on the father plant but the breeder seems to know what he's talking about and the SC mother should be enough to make even a schwag bag father into a solid hybrid. Hoping they're alive when I get there since the temp hit 40 last night, on there first night of the hardening off... yes i realize i shouldn't have left them out, but i had too, long story. Anyhow stay tuned should be fun one, going to a few spots this year

rsz_img_0424.jpg

rsz_img_0426.jpg

Hardening off under burlap

Looks like tent caterpillars to me. Used to get them in my apple trees all the time, and had to cut the branches off and burn 'em.

Okay well upon further research these little buggers are almost done eating already and they typically only move on to eating smaller brush when and if larger trees are defoliated, which the trees in this area are not. However I don't want to risk it so when i see them I will take down the nests and burn them, but I'm not going to worry to much about it. Since the caterpillars I've seen are well over an inch the sites tell me there are few if any sprays that will actually do me any good. and to catch them in the nest all at once i'll just wait for a hot day. at this point the work is more preventative for next season though. Either way could someone with more outdoor experience offer some sound advice on how to proceed with this setup? I'll bury my 5 gallon bags about 2feet apart and I've given each bag a handful of earthworm casting and a handful of Purple cow along with some very well (almost too well) aerated soil. Tips on avoiding deer and pests are my main concern

to learn more about eastern tent worms...https://www.hort.wisc.edu/mastergarde...ts/ETC/etc.htm

Nice looking grow Chek! Those are definitely tent caterpillars. Spray some BT on the leaves and surrounding plants and it will take care of them. It's organic and won't affect the plant at all. The caterpillar has to eat some leaves for it to work is the only draw back.

Cheers BTR

Back
Top Bottom