First Time Budget Grow: Soil, Strawberry Cough, Mid Bag Seeds

Blackwidow868

Hello world, this is my first time growing and id like to post it on a forum to help me keep in check with it and for me to get help from all of you! Ive been reading lots of journals on here and seems like the members are more than helpful so without furthur ado i have 6 seeds planted i have 2 mids seeds i planted to see how it goes and i had a local grower give some strawberry cough strain his cousin bred. This morning all 5 popped out but the 6th one is diffinitely on his way. Pictures will be soon.

420-magazine-mobile2132546521.jpg

Just popped through this morning i have them under 1 24w cfl just until they start opening up a little more.

Welcome to the babies :) cfl can go low/close to the plant/seedling. It is better for them to be close, otherwise they will stretch for light and might break. 10cm is what I had.

Im planning on using cfls through the whole grow just changing them when they get to flower. Im either using peatmoss and perelite or a coco block from lowes mixed with some black potting soil or whatever im open to suggestions lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using 420 Magazine Mobile App

You sound like me :)
Let me see what I can help with. First, to show you my thinking..
I too have to grow with low budget. It works, but there are a few "musts" and have to" you need to consider.
Coco needs fertilizers. Either you need to buy or make your own
( I have a few ones on hand if you want to make some)
Soil and perlite is what I used, together with home made fertilizers :)

Lights. It is all about how much light. One cfl 24W is ok for the 1st few days, but you need to add more Watt quite soon.
Thing is, they grow better and faster under lots of light.

Might want to look into stronger Watt and lumens etc. What is your budget on lights?

Im probably going to go with peatmoss and perelite considering i already have peat moss so i just hsve to find some nutes and i plan on having 3-5 bulbs per plat

Mmmm. Strawberry cough. I'm watching this one.
I've done a few bag seeds with cfls before I stepped up to the stuff you see on YouTube now. When I ran them it was 4 -25w CFLs per plant. And kept them at 8" or less from the plants.

If you want cheap nutes. Look into the Lucas formula. I've had the same bag of maxibloom for years now.

Dirt Man Dan

I have 4 5k bulbs at 1600 lumens i think, i coukd go buy 6500ks today if it would be better for the plants

If you can buy 4 of the 6500 it would give the plants a good start and stronger veg :)
I am so curious about the Strawberry Cough, something I wanted to try from day 1.

I'd do at least 2 6500. Maybe one 5k just to break up the spectrum. But the 18/6 is really what they need for veg

Dirt Man Dan

Subbed...

Looking good so far I started out on budget and with no previous experience it's challenging but very rewarding indeed. I started with some cfl and cheap led bulbs of eBay did the trick for vegging but upgraded to 600w dual spec once I saved up

I went with advanced nutrients ph perfect grow micro bloom Nutes as it is quite cheap and makes it a little easier for a newbie not worrying about ph and ppm and what not got great results

Good luck with your grow and look forward to helping out with my new found experience

420-magazine-mobile1853522666.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1296203005.jpg

420-magazine-mobile409785423.jpg

420-magazine-mobile112116077.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1364119800.jpg
and the 2 mid bag seeds. number 1 i had to help out getting the seed off today. Just a quick snap of all of them before work!

Hey man, sending positive vibes on the grow! I'm a couple days behind you doing a CFL grow too, so I'll definitely be following along :)

Cheers!

Notice how close the lights are and no burn. Just something to keep in mind. CFL don't throw far at all.
The center was starting to yellow up because it was severely root bound in that tiny pot. But hey I got to see it finish.
Dirt Man Dan

Back
Top Bottom