Growing My First Plant

They're looking good! I have a buddy that won't grow in anything but mg he tends to have issues with it being too hot. He always seems to have a good harvest smokes a bit harsh for my liking but it will grow a plant. I would use a different soil next time try telling that to a 70 something year old Vietnam Vet. You should be ok just give straight water I wouldn't use any extra nutes.

Yesterday day 16 I will update you on how it looks later today for day 17

Attachments

• C2ECD15E-EF17-4CE8-A4BE-43BB520ADA85.jpeg
    C2ECD15E-EF17-4CE8-A4BE-43BB520ADA85.jpeg
    958.9 KB · Views: 53
Plants look nice for their age. If they are starting to take off then i'd say they have established a decent root system. Seems to me that for the first 2-3 weeks most of the growing action is underground. been said upthread and is true, less is more. Restraint and letting the plants do their thing with out too much interference.

I'm using soil as well. A very generic soil mix , composted pinebark fines, peat, coarse river sand, some dolomite, some CaCO3, some blue agricultural NPK fertilizer, and some Osmocote with trace elements. And then that mixed 50/50 with perlite. So, its low enough in nutrients that it doesn't burn seedlings, but seems to feed the plants well in the first 2-3 weeks. Also, the perlite provides a lot of air penetration which makes for a healthy root zone. Current grow had no perlite and used vermiculite. Is going ok but wont do that again as things are a little more damp in the soil than i like.

Have not had any over-watering issues (the way a lot of new growers kill plants). They sit in a tray fed by an autopot smartvalve:

DIY Autopot Smartvalve setup

And after several iterations i think have this working well. :)

I like soil as it seems to buffer the plants against the kind of rapid changes you can get with various forms of hydro. Good for a lazy grower like me.

Every week or so once established top down feed em with dilute worm farm juice and Neem. Or Thrive and sometimes dilute seaweed juice. ALL this except the Neem is at MOST half the recommended strength to avoid over feeding.

Will be interesting following your grow as i am restricted to indoors.

Have fun, relax, chill and dont stress too much about your plants. Lots of help and good advice to be had @ 420.

And remember, they call it weed for a reason. :)

Day 17– so here’s my situation when I first started growing I had 2 seeds I planted as you can see in my journal. 1st one was sour diesel Sativa and 2nd was Master Kush Indica. Me like a Stoner didn’t seperate my seeds and I germinated them in same cup lol . So I didn’t know which one was which and to top it all off when I came home one day one of my plants were ripped out and completely dead. I though it was a squirl until today cuz when I came home there was a nut beside my pot and looked like something was digging a bit in my pot but my plant was still perfect. So I’m assuming there not interested in it yet. So now I only have one plant left and I don’t know what the hell it is lol but it looks like it’s doing good maybe stretching a little.

Kushios

Attachments

• 631870C3-5652-4365-93D4-45A593C1FDCB.jpeg
    631870C3-5652-4365-93D4-45A593C1FDCB.jpeg
    565.8 KB · Views: 52
  • E31203EA-50F3-40BD-B91D-C0DD90722628.jpeg
    E31203EA-50F3-40BD-B91D-C0DD90722628.jpeg
    845.2 KB · Views: 52
Day 18

I will follow up later with day 19 it’s been a cold morning it’s droped to +13 degrees this morning

Attachments

• 7ED0EDE6-EC10-449E-8104-4025B2BEB6A2.jpeg
    7ED0EDE6-EC10-449E-8104-4025B2BEB6A2.jpeg
    920.5 KB · Views: 54
  • 3F2EBC41-43F3-4D4D-A703-1E2E1ED053CD.jpeg
    3F2EBC41-43F3-4D4D-A703-1E2E1ED053CD.jpeg
    647.8 KB · Views: 48
The spots might be indication of a PH issue. I wouldn't worry about size. I say my girls are 65 days old because that was the day I put the seeds in jiffy pots. I have seen many people that don't start counting until it has broke group. Let it grow at the pace she wants to. Every plant is different.

Thank you for the advice you’ve helped me out so much already. And got me through some of my worry’s. I think it’s taking longer because I put the seeds right into a big pot. But either way this is my first grow and I’m amazed I’ve even come this far. Everyday I come home from work smoke a fat spliff and just look at my creation. LOL

Whats sup everyone, quick question might be dumb as well. My soil is mouisture control so it keeps my soil really moist for a few days now I know that’s not really good. Would it be a good idea to stick some straws around my plant in soil to get some air to the bottom ?

Kushios

Back
Top Bottom