Couple Questions about my Growbox im building

Working with CFls I would literally go with as many as you can "safely" use in one space. Good rule of thumb is 2000 lumens per square foot. But thats at the plant canopy. The average 100 watt equiv. CFL is throwing off 1800 lumens or so at the bulb or within inches of it. The lumens exponentially decay the further away from the light you go. Instead of trying to rig up and manage 15-20 small cfl's look into 2 or 3 100 or 105 actual watt CFLS. That will do you good imo.

There are just too many possibilities to list. 400 watt HID in cool tube would be nice too. But requires more $$$ for inline fans, reflector, ballasts ....

As with anything else though you get out what you put into it.

RE: the axial fans. Start out with 1 pair and run a heat test for 18 hours or whatever you intend on running your veg cycle at and watch the temps for the whole time. If they are getting to the mid upper 80's then look into adding another pair. You can always add more as need as long as you have the space.

Went out shopping the other day for lights.. Went to home depot ect to look for higher watt CFL lights could not find anything. My friend ended up giving me a ballast and daylight bulb rater 4800 Lumens. So i purchased 7 23W Cfls and figured those would work to start. My cabnet is actually 4x3x1.4 so that makes approx 16 Cu Ft. gonna finish up the front this weekend and probley make anew thread on the journal since i will be starting soon.

Hey Mike,
Well I am big fans of mcbudz and damagoman, you are in good hands!!

Just wanted to say that 4 of those cp fans would be more than enough if your using cfl's. If you plan on sticking an HPS in there you should look to buy a vortex or something similar to air cool the light or else you will have heat problems.
I've heard you can get by with moving your air out of the grow room every 5 minutes.

So a 3ft x 3ft x 6 ft box = 54 cubed feet. (lengthxwidthxheight)
That means you can stick one 15 cfm fan pulling are out and you should be fine. That being said, I like replacing my air every minute or two, so 2 of those fans @ 34 cfm should be enough.
Keep in mind this rule changes when using HPS in a confined space. Hope that helps you a bit more in your box construction, good luck!!

Working with CFls I would literally go with as many as you can "safely" use in one space. Good rule of thumb is 2000 lumens per square foot. But thats at the plant canopy. The average 100 watt equiv. CFL is throwing off 1800 lumens or so at the bulb or within inches of it. The lumens exponentially decay the further away from the light you go. Instead of trying to rig up and manage 15-20 small cfl's look into 2 or 3 100 or 105 actual watt CFLS. That will do you good imo.

There are just too many possibilities to list. 400 watt HID in cool tube would be nice too. But requires more $$$ for inline fans, reflector, ballasts ....

As with anything else though you get out what you put into it.

RE: the axial fans. Start out with 1 pair and run a heat test for 18 hours or whatever you intend on running your veg cycle at and watch the temps for the whole time. If they are getting to the mid upper 80's then look into adding another pair. You can always add more as need as long as you have the space.

You said to put one pair of the axial fans in... Would i put the pair in the chamber or the top chamber where the lights will be?id assume both in the bottom chamber right?

Back
Top Bottom