Crop King seeds are bunk

Mr nice only do reg seeds don't they

...The question that should come to mind may be: "I wonder why one of the oldest, most respected breeders in the business, with the best parent stock, refuses to make "feminized" seeds, or "autos"?"

And I'd posit his answer to be "Feminized seeds are genetic weak sisters, so in order to not take a giant piss in the gene pool, and to do what's best for the customers, this shop doesn't make them." The best breeders don't breed fems or non-CBD focused autos. Period.

Autos, unless they're specifically for CBD, are absolutely fucking garbage. Nobody in their right mind would say "I'll happily trade yield and potency so my plants will flower automatically." A timer is $10. And "feminized autos" are an absolute abortion-you can be assured anyone growing them has done exactly zero in depth genetic research. An allowable noob mistake? Sure. But otherwise LOLNO

Back in the day, Nirvana Seeds were the $20 knockoff packs noobs broke their teeth on, like their Serious Seeds knockoff of AK47, called AK48. Generally they still do some solid Skunk/Northern Lights hybrids that while not earth shattering, are decent old school stuff. And their Northern Lights is pretty damn good, even now. CKS is a knockoff shop, and that's not a real bad thing, but I can tell you from results I've seen posted here that some of their genetics are simply not "as labeled." That very well be the fault of the people that toss pollen for them, not CKS Admin. They can't vet the seeds they sell, they have to rely on the honesty of their suppliers. So, caveat emptor, gang.

Question: I threw a couple of seeds into a potted plant a few days ago that fell out of whatever I was smoking. They actually sprouted without my doing anything to them. The problem is I have no idea what strain it is. I know I will be able to tell the difference between Indica and Sativa after some growth but can we identify the plant further later on? Those seeds sprouted so fast and I didn't even push them down in the dirt. It was really quite impressive so now I want to try to grow them and see what I end up with.

Sent from my Z832 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Question: I threw a couple of seeds into a potted plant a few days ago that fell out of whatever I was smoking. They actually sprouted without my doing anything to them. The problem is I have no idea what strain it is. I know I will be able to tell the difference between Indica and Sativa after some growth but can we identify the plant further later on? Those seeds sprouted so fast and I didn't even push them down in the dirt. It was really quite impressive so now I want to try to grow them and see what I end up with.

It is impossible to determine exact strain. Sure u can tell sativa from indica for the most part but there r a lot of hybrids now, an genetics can differ from seed to seed so even that can be tricky to determine nowadays

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Using regular, photoperiod seeds is easy. Germinate the seeds, grow them up, label each #1-x. When they're 12" tall or so, clone each & label corresponding to the parent labels. When the clones are rooted, simply trigger 12/12 for a week or so & the plants will show sex. Select your females, do [WHATEVER] with the males. Simple. If you want to keep the clones simply revert the lighting schedule to 24-on.
If you're in such a "hurry" that you can't be bothered to select parent stock, you're in the wrong hobby. To my knowledge exactly ZERO of the top heirloom/elite clones that everyone drools over originated from a commercial feminized or "auto" seed. There's a good reason for that.

Thanks. I was afraid that's what you would say. Maybe if I'm successful with these plants I will name them after myself.

Also, I'd argue that the thread title, "CKS Are Bunk!" is incorrect. The seeds are definitely somewhat overrated, overpriced, and in some cases not "as labeled" and CKS Admin aren't real good at PR & customer service sometimes, but to be fair, some decent cannabis does seem to come from the seeds.

Crop King has done alright by me. I've ordered White Widow feminized from them twice and have also ordered Early Miss 3 times. I'm growing one right now. I've been very happy with results--no issues germinating EXCEPT when I did something wrong. I germed 2 seeds 15 days ago and one died young because I uprooted the just-planted seed to change the soil and it was lights out. The other plant is strong and healthy.

One thing I've noticed is that generally the towel method works fine, but for fast and consistent results make sure your wet towel is in a heated place--(room temp is even sometimes too chilly.) In winter, when they take too long, I put the wet towel on a saucer over a heating vent and bingo! the root shows up in a day or so.

As far as genetic quality goes, I'm clueless about that dept but I can say, without question, that when CropKing says your White Widow is 24% THC---well, you're gonna get your world rocked.

I agree gonzo but some people just want something easy to grow so they can have smoke. It's like most people I know don't care what a strain looks like smells like or tastes like as long as it gets them high. Me how ever I like trying different strains cause I enjoy the taste smell looks an highs from different strains :) as for pollen chuckers (lol my buddy calls em that as well) there r to many of them out there an not enough quality breeders

I agree gonzo but some people just want something easy to grow so they can have smoke. It's like most people I know don't care what a strain looks like smells like or tastes like as long as it gets them high. Me how ever I like trying different strains cause I enjoy the taste smell looks an highs from different strains :) as for pollen chuckers (lol my buddy calls em that as well) there r to many of them out there an not enough quality breeders

.The people I know, really really care about the minutiae of their herb, but I totally get what you're saying. My people are all pot snobs, but then again, all my peeps are old school growers. People shopping for seeds, who really care about seeds, most likely do the research and buy from the few respectable people still commercially breeding. But: I feel sorry for the people who get shafted by sites with pretty pictures and crap genetics, and that's what the majority is, now.

If someone new, wants inexpensive seeds with great results, I'd suggest Nirvana's Northern Lights which they call "Aurora Indica." It's a solid NL selection from good parent stock & they've been producing it for years.
If someone experienced wants to try something kickass and probably outside their wheelhouse of experience, I'd suggest Mr. Nice Seeds' Super Silver Haze. SSH is a Haze/Northern Lights hybrid and where the vast majority of seed shops claiming "sativas" in their labels generally don't deliver, SSH absofuckinglutely delivers a full on sativa experience that's well suited for indoor growing.

I want to be a pot snob. I aspire to be a complete stuck up. That is one of the reasons I am learning to grow my own. I want to know exactly what I have. I will try Nirvana Northern lights. As for the seeds that sprouted in my potted plant, I will consider them practice until I earn the right to absolute snobbery.

I want to be a pot snob. I aspire to be a complete stuck up. That is one of the reasons I am learning to grow my own. I want to know exactly what I have. I will try Nirvana Northern lights. As for the seeds that sprouted in my potted plant, I will consider them practice until I earn the right to absolute snobbery.

That's how I started lol buddy gave me some bag seed an I went with it lol started with 1 cfl in a lamp turned upside down lmao but we all gotta start somewhere a.
An gonzo I was looking at trying the ssh but I wanted to wait till after my sour D finishes first. Not enough room for multiple sativa strains lol

I promise, one day, I will turn my pretty little nose up at some people and their smoke. I will never again pay good money for street crap.

The difference between the many companies like CKS, and the ones I prefer to buy from, is sort of like the difference between buying your food from a local farmer and buying it from McDonalds.
As one example, my favourite seed seller is Ace Seeds. There I find some extremely cool people, who know the strains they sell intimately, because in most cases they bred them themselves. Behind those strains is listed genetic info and a direct connection to the countries they originated from, and the wild ancestors of those strains. There's a deeper connection to thousands of years of human history, and behind that-a connection to nature and the long biological history of cannabis on earth. When you understand the building blocks of a strain it's much easier to understand what you're actually growing.
Behind the guys at Ace I sense a deep connection to the strains they've worked with for so long. Their quality of service is amazing, and more importantly, their hearts are in the right place.
The CKS website is like a lollipop store. It's aimed at selling a bunch of glittery 'product' to teenagers and newbies. Genetic info? Connection to nature? Zero.
Is that wrong? No it totally has a place obviously -same as McDonald's has a place. I just don't eat there. I've got zero interest in their product- but I still wouldn't be quite so down on them if my experience of dealing with their service dept hadn't been totally and completely horrible.
I understand that this hasn't been everyone's experience. Many people have been happy with their product. But my experience with them has been very bad, and several other people I know. So I personally would never ever recommend them to anyone. And somehow I feel like that 2c should be thrown in the mix, because it's just as valid as the 'CKS is wonderful' opinions some others have.

That's what I love about this site :) no bs. People tell it how it is in their experience an the rest of us can form opinions based on such :) Iam not fond of McDonald's though I do enjoy the odd Big Mac lol

Only rarely do I utilize seeds, but when I do it's only from master breeders. We've been at this so long that over the years we've accumulated a big library of clones that suit pretty much every occasion.
What new (and all) growers would benefit wildly from is, knowing and understanding that the cornerstones of modern indoor cannabis are Skunk #1, Afghani (which beget Northern Lights & Kush), and Haze. The greatest percentage of what still qualifies as the best weed in the world is derived from various recombinations of the above. If you want the best, know your history & don't be afraid to pay for quality.

.. After reading backwards here, I see people have been complaining, quite clearly, about CKS for YEARS. What this says to me is if people would simply research and READTHEFUCKUP before they purchase, they could avoid having these complaints. Just a thought.

.. After reading backwards here, I see people have been complaining, quite clearly, about CKS for YEARS. What this says to me is if people would simply research and READTHEFUCKUP before they purchase, they could avoid having these complaints. Just a thought.
They are a site sponsor....good bad or indifferent this site lives because of the sponsor $$$. With that said, sponsor or not, some are never going to get my money because of the feedback on the forums. Thumbs up for your posts and I mean that!

I was looking try ace seeds this morning what's your favorate strains from there weaselwacker

Back
Top Bottom