Crop King Seeds cover-up!

Thanks a lot for the input. Every seed company makes mistakes or maybe has some bad employees. I think this goes beyond that and I'm sensing a basic attitude problem- but really I don't care very much what their issue is.
Like everyone in these situations I just want the order and to be done with these people. After that the issue is solved and I move on. I'll certainly never deal with them again if I can help it. I don't have any need to slam the company. On the other hand, at this point, I'd definitely give them a very low rating if anyone asked. Subject to improvement.
I've made close to 40 seed orders over the years, from many different companies. There is always variety among service, but overall I never had anything but good service till I came to this company, and this has been by far the worst one to deal with.
I really don't want to say much more about it since CKS is a sponsor here, or at least used to be. Not sure if they are still active since they don't answer PMs and hardly ever post feedback. - but I see their rep has logged in within the last week - so I know he got it.
I'll keep flailing away it this and report back if anything develops. Like I said- I can probably get things moving if I switch email names again to catch them out. But I'd like to give them more time with the other two email addresses and the PMs. Almost curious at this point to see how long they will ignore me for. Thanks again.
Enough complaining from me for now. Back to waiting. :hmmmm:
From my understanding they have renewed sponsorship for this year.

Sent from my HTC One using 420 Magazine Mobile App

cks doesn't own this site 420mag does.cks has a thread or whatever. people that access this sight through cks sight get directed directly to their thread. i spent most of my time when i first joined on the cks site.anywho. they are the largest seed bank in the world and i expect a heck of alot more from them. im ckecking out that new russian breeder, and some breeders through seedsman. cks is just easier to buy from than some of these others around the world.

Are they really the worlds biggest seedbank? Hard to believe. I don't see them featured on any lists of good seedbanks when I google. They told me that 'biggest seedbank' thing as well when they were telling me that any problems I'm having with my order must be my fault. Or as they put it 'biggest seedbank in the world there is no problems'...
They also said they've been in business for 20 years - when it says on their website that they didn't even start up till 2012 and didn't open for business until 2013.
19 days and no reply since I pm'd them. Over a week since I last made contact by email and they passed my info on to the marketing dept, twice, 'marked respond immediately'.

Being intimately acquainted with various rare/heirloom clones that CKS has claimed to have bred into seed form, I can tell you that at least in certain instances, they, or the pollen chuckers they buy seeds from, are absolutely full of shite. For instance: White Widow requires the original P1 (parent) stock, or if anything it's a simple knockoff (F2) of another house's work. And CKS doesn't label "f2s" so there I call absolute bullshit. Their "Sour Diesel", is absolutely not Sour Diesel. And if I can easily find two w/no effort you can believe there's plenty more rotten in their business model.
As to the "biggest seedbank" claim: That's laughable. Most likely: Attitude for retail, and Sensi Seeds for wholesale, far exceed CKS in every way. Bloated claims usually hide piles of .

Are they really the worlds biggest seedbank? Hard to believe. I don't see them featured on any lists of good seedbanks when I google. They told me that 'biggest seedbank' thing as well when they were telling me that any problems I'm having with my order must be my fault. Or as they put it 'biggest seedbank in the world there is no problems'...
They also said they've been in business for 20 years - when it says on their website that they didn't even start up till 2012 and didn't open for business unroll 2013.
19 days and no reply since I pm'd them. Over a week since I last made contact by email and they passed my info on to the marketing dept, twice, 'marked respond immediately'.

Let me tell you how a place like Crop King works.
An enterprising, Canna-centric Canadian, probably a grower, sees money in seeds. He creates demand using some decent pics, gives away a bunch of seeds, and works on being helpful on canna forums, and sells a few, then a whole bunch, and some money rolls in. Then more. Suddenly demand exceeds supply, so he enlists friends to make more, supplying them with seeds he buys from bank x. He puts money into marketing. SEO optimization. Pop up ads. Fancy packages replace tiny baggies. He buys into trade shows, and enters some buds his friends grow. Anything he wins, is claimed as a CKS "Win." Then he rents an office, maybe hires his girlfriend's friend at $15/hr. to answer emails, pack seeds, yada yada. He buys a Corvette, and a Harley. And doesn't have time for online support anymore. Then the original lines, which were at best knockoffs of actual working breeders, stops selling real well. Because, well, you can only get so far with mediocre product. Which, CKS is. He panics, over an $18 scotch at his neighborhood gastro-pub. Now, something has to be done-That downtown condo isn't going to pay for itself! It's time for an infusion... Some new names! However, not having access to most of today's most sought after genetics, he decides to at worst, simply co-opt the names. "_______ over at ______ Seed Company does it!" He thinks, "So why can't I?" ...And at best he orders some"named" poly-poly hybrids from questionable pollen chuckers from 1/2-assed fly by night "seedbanks" he googled online. And PRESTO! He's got new, "fresh" inventory he can overcharge the exploding grower market!
That's how places like CKS work. And there's many of them. CKS hasn't been here "20 years" and I'd be surprised at this rate if they're still around in another five.

As anyone who has had your problems. A year ago or so I ordered their candy cane auto fem. Needless to say out of a pack of 5, 4 germed. One didn't . The 4 that germed literally turned out to be male. When I called them they automatically offered me replacements saying that they had removed that strain. Upon checking they did in fact removed it. They asked me to choose a strain as they would send it as a replacement. I chose the early miss. Once my package arrived I was upset to find out they shipped me northern lights auto fem. I again called them. At this point I was furious. They again offered me what I wanted with no extra charge. I chose early miss again. They showed up really quickly with a whole bunch of other things. I can't say the replacements they sent me were bad or anything because they are growing now. I'm really sorry that you got screwed over. Many people are saying that they are getting wrong orders, bad phenos, bad customer service, and so many other things. I don't understand what's going on with them because they were really fair dealing with me, and now this... I hope they will fix everyone up for their wrong doing. Maybe the best thing to do is just walk away and take your hard earned money elsewhere. I recently purchased February s high times and they have a top 10 seed company review and strains for sale. Might be worth checking them out. I understand your frustration and hope you find something better then what they are offering.

Sent from my HTC One using 420 Magazine Mobile App
Got a link?

How to grow in Coco - Feed schedule

Crop king lost my business. I purchased Purple Kush in November. Nothing but problems. I've been growing for 20 years and rarely do I come across a strain that takes this long, has as many mutations and is this finicky.
Not proud to be Canadian when I hear the words "Crop King Seeds".

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Unfortunately the top ten Canadian seed banks are in Amsterdam. Lol.
Try 420 or Barney's.

People currently refer to "seed banks" as places that sell seeds commercially, (example: Attitude, 420) whereas old school growers refer to seed banks as where the seeds are bred. Seed banks are breeder owned and operated, seed shops are where seeds are sold. Sometimes they intersect, sometimes not. It's all jumbled nomenclature, now. When I think seed bank, I think of Neville's The Seed Bank, The S.S.S.C., Sensi Seeds, Serious Seeds, Shanti/Mr. Nice, et al.
Barney's, well, Derry got into seeds after he got his ass handed to him on the hash smuggling charges. He bought a few Cups, and Presto! He's got a seed business. Me, I wouldn't smoke Barney's shitty weed, let alone grow their seeds. They do serve a decent brekky though.
Marc Emery made million$ selling knockoff F2's of Dutch breeder seeds that he sold as originals. Fuck him.
In Amsterdam there aren't many seed shops, let alone seed banks. Sensi Seeds @ The Red Light District, and Homegrown Fantaseeds... Those are two legit places to buy decent, fresh seeds that I can think of offhand.
Most people making seeds commercially today don't know what the fuck they're doing. It's rare that they'll discuss methodology, the majority spray STS everywhere and tout femmd seeds and shitty auto hemp hybrids as god's gift to growers. The commercial cannabis seed gene pool is more polluted with utter bollocks than any time I've seen in over 25 years, and of course it's all in pursuit of the almighty dollar.
If you want to be successful, stick with the classics, done by professionals who've got a long, proven track record. Pretty pictures? Don't be fooled, they're prolly' stolen from Instagram and aren't even a truthful representation of the alleged genetics offered. Meh, I'm jaded as fuck. But then again I've been around what feels some days like Forever. "HEY YOU KIDS, GTFO MY LAWN!"

-Doc

The order I'm currently trying to get out of CKS is a prize package from winning the Nug of the Year contest. I haven't paid anything for the seeds and the various other things that are supposedly included. I'll give the stuff away as I have in the past. In the past three times I won CKS seed coupons it was a coupon code which, once I managed to extract it from the company, I was able to easily pass on to a 420 friend. This time they PM'd me (25 days ago) asking me to place the order by email, which I did, and that initiated the current runaround.
I've got no interest in the CKS strains- whatever they are. They're just not my type of strains. I'm not sure what the genetics are- it seems more like a lollipop store aimed at teenagers. Just not my cup of tea. I already promised the seeds and merchandise to friends if they arrive.
So it's not a huge loss to me if I never get the order. At this point I'm just following through on principle. After weeks of being ignored it's become a sort of game to see if I can actually get the order or not.
It's cool that CKS offers these things as prizes. And I can pass them on to people in need who may like their stuff more than I do.
They just need to follow through on actually delivering the goods. An added bonus would be polite communications, or at least - any communications.
I'm not sure what's going on in their company. Are they going out of business? They seem to have no presence on 420 anymore. I know if I switch to a different email with different user name I'll get a reply within minutes. At least that's what worked for me in the past. I suppose I'll do that again if I get ignored long enough.
I don't want to slam them too much, mainly out of respect for this site. They're a 420 sponsor and I respect that they need sponsors to make this whole place work.
Hopefully someday the CKS rep resurfaces and reads these posts and gets a clue.

Being intimately acquainted with various rare/heirloom clones that CKS has claimed to have bred into seed form, I can tell you that at least in certain instances, they, or the pollen chuckers they buy seeds from, are absolutely full of shite. For instance: White Widow requires the original P1 (parent) stock....

We have the Original White Widow, the one what won the High Times Cup in Amsterdam back in 1995. Her actual birth date extends to nearly a decade before that. A well-balanced hybrid reportedly made by crossing a Brazilian sativa with an unknown indica from South India, she is both an indica-dominant and a sativa-dominant. That's why it's so popular.

From this thread here. Where did Crop King get their White Widow strain?

People currently refer to "seed banks" as places that sell seeds commercially, (example: Attitude, 420) whereas old school growers refer to seed banks as where the seeds are bred. Seed banks are breeder owned and operated, seed shops are where seeds are sold. Sometimes they intersect, sometimes not. It's all jumbled nomenclature, now. When I think seed bank, I think of Neville's The Seed Bank, The S.S.S.C., Sensi Seeds, Serious Seeds, Shanti/Mr. Nice, et al.
Barney's, well, Derry got into seeds after he got his ass handed to him on the hash smuggling charges. He bought a few Cups, and Presto! He's got a seed business. Me, I wouldn't smoke Barney's shitty weed, let alone grow their seeds. They do serve a decent brekky though.
Marc Emery made million$ selling knockoff F2's of Dutch breeder seeds that he sold as originals. Fuck him.
In Amsterdam there aren't many seed shops, let alone seed banks. Sensi Seeds @ The Red Light District, and Homegrown Fantaseeds... Those are two legit places to buy decent, fresh seeds that I can think of offhand.
Most people making seeds commercially today don't know what the fuck they're doing. It's rare that they'll discuss methodology, the majority spray STS everywhere and tout femmd seeds and shitty auto hemp hybrids as god's gift to growers. The commercial cannabis seed gene pool is more polluted with utter bollocks than any time I've seen in over 25 years, and of course it's all in pursuit of the almighty dollar.
If you want to be successful, stick with the classics, done by professionals who've got a long, proven track record. Pretty pictures? Don't be fooled, they're prolly' stolen from Instagram and aren't even a truthful representation of the alleged genetics offered. Meh, I'm jaded as fuck. But then again I've been around what feels some days like Forever. "HEY YOU KIDS, GTFO MY LAWN!"

-Doc

I usually buy from Bergman. His growing advice is ancient but his seeds are A1. I'm doing his Strawberry Kush right now for the umpteenth time. Love the deep, sleepy, giggly buzz. Tried dinafem, DNA and Barney's. I liked DNA's banana Kush that came out years ago but that's gone proprietary to Tweed. Grew Dr. Grinspoon from Barney's...hardest plant I have ever grown. Floppy ass branches. Just threw it outside and wrapped it in a trellis to keep it together. Weed was so strong it was like an acid trip. Not a pure Sativa fan.
I tried Crop King because they were local. Not hugely disappointed but not impressed in the least either. Bi nodal separation of 2 inches on every plant. Strange fan leaves that curl sideways. What ever happened to Neville family farms? I know they branched off as DNA genetics but none of the original Neville strains seem to be available. Wtf went down after the 90's?

I have kind of said this before but it is kind of Crap King Seeds. I get so much shit from people who have been growing since the early 80's about CKS. 4 or 5 grows with them now and I am seeing why.

Good friend is using top quality genetics, running Pink Kush and Ghost Train Haze and 1 CKS original Skunk. The CKS strain is SO much slower than his others that all started at the same time. He flipped 12/12 and it was a female and then hermie'd 2 weeks later, ALL the other plants non-CKS genetics are wonderful plants.

Kinda want to cross something with his male GTH or Pink Kush males, he has in a male only room, I wish!

I have kind of said this before but it is kind of Crap King Seeds. I get so much shit from people who have been growing since the early 80's about CKS. 4 or 5 grows with them now and I am seeing why.

Good friend is using top quality genetics, running Pink Kush and Ghost Train Haze and 1 CKS original Skunk. The CKS strain is SO much slower than his others that all started at the same time. He flipped 12/12 and it was a female and then hermie'd 2 weeks later, ALL the other plants non-CKS genetics are wonderful plants.

Kinda want to cross something with his male GTH or Pink Kush males, he has in a male only room, I wish!

This my CKS PK. Claimed "6-8 weeks flower" I'm on week 7. As you can see....got a loooong way to go.
420-magazine-mobile1568522866.jpg

I've literally watched my hair turn grey through this Grow.

Yeah no where near done.... Is it even PK?

I got a freebie White Widow from CANUK seeds and it is such a beautiful plant I will be running it again, took nice clones!

My reply, in that thread.
We have the Original White Widow, the one what won the High Times Cup in Amsterdam back in 1995. Her actual birth date extends to nearly a decade before that. A well-balanced hybrid reportedly made by crossing a Brazilian sativa with an unknown indica from South India, she is both an indica-dominant and a sativa-dominant. That's why it's so popular.

Me:
CORRECTION: In order for you to have "the original White Widow" you would have to have copies of the original parents, which you do not. You may have used "original" White Widow seeds to create second generation, or "F2" seeds, which makes yours knock offs, not original seeds. The only breeder that has White Widow P1 stock is Shantibaba, the breeder of the original White Widow.

- Doc

I wonder how affiliated CKS is to the Cannabis Culture dispensaries run by Marc Emery? (I know, no answer but he was a large seed "seller")

Back
Top Bottom