Curing questions

pete2

I just read an article on how to cure my harvest. My question is how long does it take to cure my bud. In the article it implies that it can take up to 6 months. Is this true? Would like some feed back on how you guys cure your bud. As always Thanks. :thanks::thumb::thanks:

If you cure for a solid month with air tight jars/mason/CV(cannabis vault) and 62% Boveda packs, you will have a nice smoke, as it cures longer it will get smoother, a little more potent, and a little more flavorful.

I take the buds off the branches after drying, trim up buds, save trim for dry ice hash, bubble hash, edibles etc. Place buds in jars (no Boveda 62% packs yet) with cigar hygrometers and burp them 3 times daily for 10-15 minutes each time until you have reached a stable 65% RH (relative humidity) in the jars closed. Once you have a stable 65% RH, put in a few Boveda 62% packs and seal the jars and place them in a cool, dark place for a month for a good start cure. After 9-12 months the cure process should be well over and the cannabis will start to degrade with time...just my experience with getting medicine out of the jar or cure container, as light, heat and oxygen start to degrade the buds.

If you over dried when placed in the jars for the first time and they have a RH of anything below 62% RH, go ahead and put Boveda 62% packs in the jars and let the packs re-hydrate the buds, and then start the cure process at a stable 62% RH. :peace:

A 6 month cure does make a nice cure but drying slowly then burping in jars for at least 3 weeks makes for a pretty smooth smoke.

L8r

From my experience you should wait 3-4 weeks after the harvest for sampling, cause that's when weed starts getting potent and tasty. But yeah 6-12 months cure is what makes a real difference. Your weed won't smell or taste the same, but it's gonna develop whole different, more mature terpene profile. You will also experience relative up in potency :hookah:

If you cure for a solid month with air tight jars/mason/CV(cannabis vault) and 62% Boveda packs, you will have a nice smoke, as it cures longer it will get smoother, a little more potent, and a little more flavorful.

I take the buds off the branches after drying, trim up buds, save trim for dry ice hash, bubble hash, edibles etc. Place buds in jars (no Boveda 62% packs yet) with cigar hygrometers and burp them 3 times daily for 10-15 minutes each time until you have reached a stable 65% RH (relative humidity) in the jars closed. Once you have a stable 65% RH, put in a few Boveda 62% packs and seal the jars and place them in a cool, dark place for a month for a good start cure. After 9-12 months the cure process should be well over and the cannabis will start to degrade with time...just my experience with getting medicine out of the jar or cure container, as light, heat and oxygen start to degrade the buds.

If you over dried when placed in the jars for the first time and they have a RH of anything below 62% RH, go ahead and put Boveda 62% packs in the jars and let the packs re-hydrate the buds, and then start the cure process at a stable 62% RH. :peace:
:thanks::thumb::thanks:

Back
Top Bottom