Question about Boveda packs

That’s my go to method personally, I don’t use bovedas anymore. Turkey bags and 5 gallon buckets with gamma seal lids is what I use to store long term.
You cant taste plastic??

They're supposed to be relatively inert at low temperature. Ironically - considering their intended purpose - foods cooked in them tend to receive a pretty substantial amount of substances from the bags. They ought to start labeling them as being only safe for the storage of bud :rolleyes: .

In 1998, a study measured the migration of non-volatile and volatile compounds from oven bags to chicken. As much as 16% of the nylon from microwave and roasting bags were observed in the chicken after roasting at 200C for 2 hours and as much as .08% of the total 2-cyclopentyl cyclopentanone content in the bags were observed.

I appreciate the heads up! It doesn’t matter how convenient they are, if they are imprinting a bad taste on my hard earned produce - yeah that’s not gonna fly around here. Thanks Pennywise!
I'm not sure it ever gave mine a funky taste, but rather robbed a bit of its natural taste.

I always use 62% packets.Bov or Intergra.Store in jars.Too many factors to generalize.Everyones` condition will vary. Same when you read your plant needs while they are growing you can read curing process.

Smell a good indicator ,will let you know if they just need a 10-15 second burb once a day Or 2 minute or more airing with lid open twice a day.I like to turn jars upside down ,give a little shake,

Back
Top Bottom