Question about Boveda packs

DakiniKush

So I'm done drying after 2 weeks and ready to cure. My question is once I place buds into jar with packs how long does it take to come down to 62% Rh? I'm at 68

I’ve never used bovedas to pull rh down... supposedly it’s just a 2 way membrane with a gel or chemical inside.... right?

You can drop a bone dry boveda in a pan of water and it will rehydrate itself. Done that, got the t-shirt. Should work but no idea on timeline. Sorry Dakini... all I’ve got
First time using them figure they might save me time. Burping all the jars sucks. A good suck bud still

So I'm done drying after 2 weeks and ready to cure. My question is once I place buds into jar with packs how long does it take to come down to 62% Rh? I'm at 68
If your bottles are in a dark space w/ RH somewhere between 55%-60% , mid to low 70 temps , just burp ( open bottles for a minute ) twice a day. I rotate the open bottles a couple times so buds move a bit. The RH will definitly drop over a week or so.
As it gets close to 62% , burp once a day. After 62% is consistent , burp every other day for a few seconds.
This has been working very well for me.
Make sure you have good hygrometers.
Use them at least once a day.
I do about 3 weeks cure before placing buds in turkey size baking bags.
Buds I will smoke soon I leave in bottles.

I know... I don’t have that many harvest under my belt so I’m still freakaziod about it, hate burping but love knowing they are not molded! I got 6 1 gallon jars so that helps plus some quarts and pints.

I’ve got cheapie digital but have you seen the analog hygrometers that are made into jar lids... so cool
I have 2 types. Both are very consistent

Attachments

• 2FAA5570-42AC-4216-ADEB-4C86B8AA8897.jpeg
    2FAA5570-42AC-4216-ADEB-4C86B8AA8897.jpeg
    721.3 KB · Views: 43
68% is too high and you risk having mold set in. Burp your jars like instructed down to 62%. I used boveda packs for a long time but always ended up with generic tasting weed. If I were to use them it would be 58% boveda for long time storage AFTER curing.

68% is too high and you risk having mold set in. Burp your jars like instructed down to 62%. I used boveda packs for a long time but always ended up with generic tasting weed. If I were to use them it would be 58% boveda for long time storage AFTER curing.
Hey Penny. What about not using any Bovida for long term storage ?
Have you tried that option ?
Mine are in an air tight 5 gal bucket , in bags of course.

That’s my go to method personally, I don’t use bovedas anymore. Turkey bags and 5 gallon buckets with gamma seal lids is what I use to store long term.
I like mine a bit closer to 58-59% too. Was considering getting a real humidor a while back, the good ones are pricey though. I agree, Boveda long term leaves it smelling/tasting a bit underwhelming sometimes.

I know... I don’t have that many harvest under my belt so I’m still freakaziod about it, hate burping but love knowing they are not molded! I got 6 1 gallon jars so that helps plus some quarts and pints.

I’ve got cheapie digital but have you seen the analog hygrometers that are made into jar lids... so cool
Yes!

Got ta. For years I just use the hang, for couple days then into paper bags ( I'm old) it's down to 68 after 12 days. Feel dry though weird can figure this out so I put them in jars to see how much it would jump and it's actually at 67 after 4 hours

Whew glad I caught this... so..
Mine are in an air tight 5 gal bucket , in bags of course.
That’s my go to method personally, I don’t use bovedas anymore. Turkey bags and 5 gallon buckets with gamma seal lids is what I use to store long term.
So, for us more slower than others, how do ya do that, and how long can it last?

Back
Top Bottom