Cutting Edge Solutions

Far East Buds

I recently did alot of changes to my grow area and was going to change up the Lucas method with Gh i have been using.

My hydro shop recommended I use Cutting Edge Solutions products.
I have read a good amount about them as much I can seem to find. It seems like a good fit for top feed hydro like i am now running.

Has anyone used them or using them? Worth giving a try?

Thanks in advance!

Since you bumped I would just say may same old soap box thing.

The only difference really in the various nutes is the advertising. Sure they are different in many ways but in the end they all deliver the same things is slightly different ways. Any decent grower will be successful with any product line or even mixing them. A great grower can get away easily with stuff not meant for cannabis. Since you have experience with Lucas method I suspect you would have great success with anything.

Not sure if there a a grow store on the way back from Andromeda but in my area Home Depot and many other places carry a nute for hydro that works great called Elanor's VF-11. That plus some Cal Mag and some Silica and some MOAB for bloom. Supper simple...great results.

Ar you running sterile or Live res?

Since you bumped I would just say may same old soap box thing.

The only difference really in the various nutes is the advertising. Sure they are different in many ways but in the end they all deliver the same things is slightly different ways. Any decent grower will be successful with any product line or even mixing them. A great grower can get away easily with stuff not meant for cannabis. Since you have experience with Lucas method I suspect you would have great success with anything.

Not sure if there a a grow store on the way back from Andromeda but in my area Home Depot and many other places carry a nute for hydro that works great called Elanor's VF-11. That plus some Cal Mag and some Silica and some MOAB for bloom. Supper simple...great results.

Ar you running sterile or Live res?

Thank you for Joining in VI.
I am running sterile and will probably continue to .. Dutch Masters Zone has done a marvelous job with my res cleanliness..
I am currently Running GH nutes and have so for 3-4 grows now.. But each grow has had a deficiency. And I am not saying it is totally the nutes or anything as I have had errors, but i wanted something that was a decent plan and all inclusive so I will not miss anything. First run was low cal.. Second Potassium...

GH was simple with the Lucas plan and chose it for that simplicity. But now I am slightly more advanced and don't mind a little more detailed plan. There are so many choices.... So my hydro shop knows me well so they figured cutting edge was reasonable priced and of the eight brands plus of nutes they carry.. It's one of two only the owner uses himself.

Friday is when I plan to drop the cash and grab it all... Res changes over the weekend and we'll see how they respond. My grows have all given me decent results but if i can just dial in the nutes a little better I can definitely improve all around...

Thanks Village for responding.. All I could hear was crickets....

:peace:

FE

Those are 2 deficiencies that can be had while following a recipe and not listening to your plants. So it sounds to me like you are doing the right things and learning quickly. Just keep at it.

One thing I suspect you are doing that is not a good thing and just common spread BS is you are trying to maintain a pH in a small window this can cause the 2 issues you described while following a regimen.

I am going to recomend you read the journal I post below. It is active and incomplete as he is in mid bloom. But I have explained a lot about nutes, uptake rates and its relationship to pH. This guy has had 4 grows none of them successful. I have walked him step by step through this grow and asked him to trust me and he has proven and documented exactly what I have been saying that you need to leave the res alone and adjust your top of PPM not you pH to get things to absorb correctly.

That said he is running a bit of a living res like most people I think nowa days. Eventually you may want to leave the dark side and come join us. I could endlessly post threads and journals here where using a more natural method that more closely simulates a natural environment like mother nature intended works so much better. It is not just about keeping pithyum down. that is a side affect that you have no pithyum problems. The real reason is proper nute uptake which results in fast growth. My plants double the nute and water uptake and therefore explode when I introduce a good tea.

ClosetCase420's - RDWC - 600W MH/HPS - Wonder Woman - Grow Journal - 2015

Keep at it!!!!

:thumb:

I use Silica as my "UP" when I over down my adjustments...it can't be overdone really. Most of them have Potash as well which makes it supper great.

I use Silica as my "UP" when I over down my adjustments...it can't be overdone really. Most of them have Potash as well which makes it supper great.

Good info right there VI!
I hate when I over correct the PH as PH up takes a lot more to rise it back up thus wacking the PPM's. I would love to know it was atleast adding some bennies!

Thanks VI

FE

Well to be clear I don't use Cutting edge solutions but it shouldn't mater. Most all Silica additives are very alkaline. I was just making the comment because some people worry about adding too much which you can't really do. The ones like I use with Potash basically are also adding potassium at the same time. Potash is the old school term for Potassium Carbonate referring to how it was harvested from the earth. It helps to balance out the supper alkaline Silica but in the end you are getting a potassium dose in there at the same time. So read the label.

Well to be clear I don't use Cutting edge solutions but it shouldn't mater. Most all Silica additives are very alkaline. I was just making the comment because some people worry about adding too much which you can't really do. The ones like I use with Potash basically are also adding potassium at the same time. Potash is the old school term for Potassium Carbonate referring to how it was harvested from the earth. It helps to balance out the supper alkaline Silica but in the end you are getting a potassium dose in there at the same time. So read the label.

Thank you VI for chiming in so much on this topic and sharing all your knowledge.. I really am impressed at it and the way you have been able to explain it. I dropped the cake today and just did both rez changes my 20 and my 13... Wasn't as cheap as I had hoped damn, but i got gallons on everything. That should tide me over for awhile. With this set up I am trying to see if i can stretch it as i am still for now running sterile. CES stuff is all sterile. I will have to base it on the amount of plants drinking off it but should be better than straight up DWC I had before..

I'll be using it exclusively for awhile so feel free to check it out in my grow.

Thanks again

FE

No worries I am not arguing about Sterile .... I get it. There are reasons for it. I will sub in and check it out tomorrow.

The only problem is I have a hard time not mentioning it because it solves like everything that can go wrong normally. But I can bite my tongue.

I really don't think the nutes matter either way to sterile or not. It is the other stuff we add. You have to read the bottle. I can't count how many times I read about people switching from Bacillus to Glomus and are like "that stuff doesn't work at all" but they have a chiller running and are using H2O2 so they have no basis for their opinion. And those two things have nothing in common and do totally different things to beign with so they don't belong in the same conversation.

People at Hydro stores will sell you anything based on the questions you ask. You go in and say I have this problem and they don't ask if you are running a chiller and sell you something. Then when it doesn't work it is the chemical companies fault right?

Each thing has its place and purpose and if it isn't working for you then it is user error. Not that there isn't hype. There are products that you don't need to buy. But you should know WHY not to buy it not just "it didn't work for me on this grow".

All that said if your grow is going fine...I wont last long in there. I am active in a ton of Journals where I spend most of my time and those are for the people with failing stuff. I stick around to help people through their first grows and through catastrophes. If you got it going on then peace be with you.

No worries I am not arguing about Sterile .... I get it. There are reasons for it. I will sub in and check it out tomorrow.

The only problem is I have a hard time not mentioning it because it solves like everything that can go wrong normally. But I can bite my tongue.

I really don't think the nutes matter either way to sterile or not. It is the other stuff we add. You have to read the bottle. I can't count how many times I read about people switching from Bacillus to Glomus and are like "that stuff doesn't work at all" but they have a chiller running and are using H2O2 so they have no basis for their opinion. And those two things have nothing in common and do totally different things to beign with so they don't belong in the same conversation.

People at Hydro stores will sell you anything based on the questions you ask. You go in and say I have this problem and they don't ask if you are running a chiller and sell you something. Then when it doesn't work it is the chemical companies fault right?

Each thing has its place and purpose and if it isn't working for you then it is user error. Not that there isn't hype. There are products that you don't need to buy. But you should know WHY not to buy it not just "it didn't work for me on this grow".

All that said if your grow is going fine...I wont last long in there. I am active in a ton of Journals where I spend most of my time and those are for the people with failing stuff. I stick around to help people through their first grows and through catastrophes. If you got it going on then peace be with you.

I do think that the live res probably has more benefits. Just based on the fact it is natural I am sure that it adds more stuff than the chems. I really just based it on the fact.. and may not be correct info but that it would not clog stuff as fast and run cleaner.

My goal was to go sterile for now but I did want to switch it up later... I just didn't want to add anymore variables into the mix at this point. But from what I have been reading and learning recently that probably is not even an issue. I probably should have done it now... but from reading your post on my perpetual.. I am not ready to move on yet... lol

Thank you Again OG...

FE

yup that is backwards. Living bacteria clean up clogs. Bacteria are very small. One of the whole points to a living res is you have an army of workers in there cleaning it up for you. And one thing people fail to realize is everywhere that army is the bad bacteria is not allowed to breed. They don't just do a ton of good....they prevent bad from having even a location to take hold.

I ran their line few years ago and did good with it but I had trouble with ph like a basketball but I ran an before and was spoiled
I still use their sugaree but went back to an line for base nutes

Plus the changing the recipe every week

I would say that the small yields was from ph if truth be known

If you bought the base run it in veg and bloom with an thats how I used mine up

Hey @Bigjake8 hope you are well my friend.
Welcome to 420magazine.
Here is a link if you want to introduce yourself and meet everyone.
BTW that is an old post. ;)

Stay safe
Bill

Back
Top Bottom