DaveyBoy's Second Grow - Casey Jones - Organic - Soil - DR80 - 400W MH & HPS

Re: DaveyBoy's Second Grow - Casey Jones - Organic - Soil - DR80 - 400W MH and HPS

Yummy looking medicine. No more paying some scruffy hood rat like me for worse :)

LOL, true. It's all about the money for these guys, no attention to a proper dry and cure, no love for anyone but the dollars!

Re: DaveyBoy's Second Grow - Casey Jones - Organic - Soil - DR80 - 400W MH and HPS

WoW! Any chance for some stats? ie: height or width

Sadly I didn't take any wet measurements and I'm still trying to trim the last plant. Bitch has so many freaking leaves!!! guess I shouldn't be bitching though, right? :)

I wanted to go for dried, trimmed and manicured weight rather than wet weight, in case of disappointment.

They were 3 x 11 liter and 2 x18 liter pots, can definitely see the differencein the bigger pots.

Next grow I aim for 25-30 liter I think and just 4 girls.

I am three days into drying and they are starting to crisp a little on the outside and the stems are still bendy. They are in my 1m tent with a small fan blowing indirectly around the tent, in the dark. Drying my trim now and hoping my bubble bags arrive soon.

I read that that the right time to jar them up is about now, would everyone agree on that?

Meds for me and wifey for a while, am hoping. Just getting my clones repotted and the Tangerine Dream and Emerald Jack into larger pots.

I have to say the 10 weeks is a real act of love and am thinking about the Buddha Seeds Syrup as a next grow. 55-57 days and not one of the prevalent cheese strains.

Every bugger and his mate grows cheese because it's a commercial crop.

As it's just for us I suppose it shouldn't matter so much, but 8 weeks is far more appealing.

:bong::bongrip: Looking mighty fine Dave ..... Riiiiight onnnnnnnnnnn :thumb:

Thanks bro ;) Itching to try but don't want to quick dry anything. Will wait... impatiently!

Jar them up when they are crisp on the outside and the stems are just to the point where they snap or almost snap, the little ones will of course snap first so thats a good place to start looking, just keep a diligent eye on the bigs nugs for mold.

Jarring it up makes all the nugs have the same moisture so the little nugs pull water weight away from the bigs nugs. YOUR BIG NUGS TAKE THE LONGEST TO CURE. so smoke the little ones first :D

also jar it up for the first time right b4 you go to bed, and check it first thing when you wake up in the morning if it feels overly wet leave the jar open, sometimes i will even leave a jar open all day long untill im ready to go back to bed, just depends on the moisture level it TRUELY is an art, In my very honest opinion it is just as much of an art as growing :D

I personally leave all my nugs together for the first seal up, then i seperate them by size when they have all rebalanced their moisture( everything will be the same wetness at this point, little and big)

Okey dokey. Thanks for that.

Tried a little bit of part dried bud and hits the spot. Feeling nicely ripped, but it's all head high. Feeling like the old jaw is going, after munchies, but not hungry and hitting icewater instead to make sure I don't succumb.

Such a good strong smoke, I love Casey <3

Have decided to stick with it as preferred strain. Will finish my Tangerine Dream and Emerald Jack though.

Have just repotted my two Casey mother plants and LST them, going to move all of the clones which are now in bigger pots into the 1m tent and put them on 400w 18/6 for the next couple of weeks... then we're moving again. Wtf.

6 months and I have to pack everything again. Have decided to leave most stuff in boxes until we can get somewhere of our own, will be a lot less stress and effort that way.

A friend recommended paper plates and plastic forks, but 12 months is too long. We'll just keep a sensible limit on things, and stop making bloody purchases.

Will set up house again and keep on rolling. May even be able to get some extra help from the sun for a couple of months as I've spotted nothing overlooks the garden, but have to see if we have any buses that pass.

Oh, and had some weird smoke the other day.

Maybe 10% thc, but no smell whatsoever.... Am used to, and love, stinky and strong weed!

good to hear buddy, i love sampling the "Fruits" of you labor soo much when it comes to this life style. and you see why i love this stuff now :D I have a buddy that is about to pop some CJ F1's and im getting the best male for F2's

And smell less weed is usually poor curing, quickest way to turn some banger into bammer lol

Bubble20.jpg

Bubble hash!

First attempt and haul, and omg. Shame it's going to be so infrequent :)

Oh, and I have a rough weight of 4 and a half ounces.

Have learned a lot more this grow and will put it to good use for the next.

Have started vegging the clones and other plants under the dual spectrum 400w now on 18/6.

I will wait until we move for flowering, I don't want to be transporting big and stinky plants unless it's some sort of emergency.

Feck. Too much N is giving me some funky taste and black ash. Gives a real tang and makes me cough. No good :(

Am going for a water cure on three popcorn buds to see how they fare, then may have to do the lot. If I don't it won't be good for my lungs, I fear.

Hash is knocking my socks off, even considered turning it all into hash and cannabutter.

Takes a while to get it down my friend, keep it up dont be discouraged

Thanks, am good really.

It's hardly off the plant and not cured yet either. Have been water curing the small buds, will post up some pics tomorrow probably.

Tent is starting to look happier. May try to take advantage of some sunshine after the move at the end of the month, and veg grow 4 whilst grow 3 is flowering. Seems silly not to!

Only one window overlooking the garden and that's a small frosted bathroom window.

Very happy and grateful for what I have, took a few snaps of some of the prettier nugs.

Shame they don't taste as awesome as they look, but hell I can always vaporize them and am still enjoying my hash.

Re froze the sugar leaf after making the first batch and got another good few smokes from working it again. Have another bowl dried and virgin, ready to go... but am thinking of making some cannabutter. To be fair the last lot we have I made into Devil's Food Cake Muffins and caned 6 between us. No idea what it did as we were doing pipes all night, ha!

I feel a slight sense of loss that there are no more flowers in my garden... but soon that will change!

Thinking on either going coir this time, to follow in the footsteps of Propa. Recently read an article on how good it is and that you can happily re-use it.

I get the cheap compressed coir, then use it like the inert hydro medium it is.
Bio-reactive inoculated benficial wtf ever is just so much mambo jambo.
I fertigate city water w/ Lucas GH Flora and a pinch of epsom. Many brands work well.
Water to waste is best. No res to fill, drain and maintain, but full hydro growth = economical efficiency.

I fertigate city water w/ Lucas GH Flora and a pinch of epsom. Many brands work well.
Water to waste is best. No res to fill, drain and maintain, but full hydro growth = economical efficiency.

Thanks PG. Is there a nute schedule anywhere on your pages?

This Lucas and epsom... do you use that to prepare the coir for use, or as your regular feed?

My thoughts were looking at either coir and watering whenever required (more often than soil, right?) or looking at a drip feed system to be lazy.

My concerns would be the res situation, so leaning towards the former.

I read that coir is also good for rooting clones, and that it gets better with each use (assuming I don't do something awful to it) which means I won't have to be disposing of perlite soil.

Trying to format up some pics to post.

Quick snap of the haul

Haul.jpg

Water curing some buds

IMG_20325.JPG

Pretty flowers

IMG_20395.JPG

Piles

IMG_20453.JPG

IMG_20521.JPG

Tent 18/6

IMG_20586.JPG

Tangerine dream... soon to get a nice feed

IMG_20595.JPG

Hash

IMG_20653.JPG

Mothers put to veg and then flower, will create more clones after that

MOther_1.jpg

Looking good man, keep it up :)

Thanks BC, am getting there.

I put the water cured pot near the boiler and it was ready to smoke this morning.

Possibly too much heat in too short a time, but one Hell of a kick still. Def stronger and smoother to smoke. Did have a brownish tint, but is only for us so who cares? :)

Was a very nice and relaxing smoke. Seemed cerebral and physical, which is different to before.

Will have to do more water curing soon!

Thanks PG. Is there a nute schedule anywhere on your pages?

This Lucas and epsom... do you use that to prepare the coir for use, or as your regular feed?

My thoughts were looking at either coir and watering whenever required (more often than soil, right?) or looking at a drip feed system to be lazy.

My concerns would be the res situation, so leaning towards the former.

I read that coir is also good for rooting clones, and that it gets better with each use (assuming I don't do something awful to it) which means I won't have to be disposing of perlite soil.

Trying to format up some pics to post.

May have said what I mixed, but it's a long journal. I mix a little stronger when I'm not being lazy: I'm watering everyday. If everyday, a pint or pint and a half washes a little through during growth spurt(especially), allowing stronger mix: 1200 to 1500ppm. 'Lucas' is one part GH Flora Micro, two parts Bloom. Works just fine for every stage, and my vegging is over quickly. The concentration numbers include 240ppm 'preload', which is 150 hardness and 50 NaCl and wtf ever?
If I let go 2 or 3 days between feeding(watering), I mix a little leaner. I use a bucket res, and mix just before use. 2 gallon pots I use now have huge water-carrying capacity, and encourage me to be lazy, but... results aren't as good. My cuts root reliably on schedule in coir, then grow out in more of it.
Re-use is cool: no disposal hassel or buying more, and... it's cheaper than dirt :)

Ca and Mg are kind of funny minerals from water and fertilizer. Weed needs a similar 200 or so ppm like N or K but isn't listed on too many fertilizer content lists. You have to calculate from your water source plus some guess on Ca from calcium nitrate in your ferts, but they don't tell you. They include it, I think because it works but hide details because the ingrediants are much cheaper than what they get for the mix. Hydro nutes product mark-ups are sweet for the nut companies.
Hard water minerals are largely calcium and magnesium, and are often in a 6 to 1 ratio. I read this somewhere on the internet, and now it's my story and I'm sticking with it ;)

Back
Top Bottom