Dawn dish soap

belfairbob

will no one help me ! as I explained before, I used to much soap! 1/4 cup to gallon of water, my mistake !
I or 2 drops is what I should have used. I flushed with fresh water very good. I now have yellowing
of leaves with yellow spots on them. what can I do ??

Hi belfairbob,

I saw your post the other day on this topic and noticed several people had replied, thought you had this sorted out. I don't remember if the other post contained any details on how you ae growing (soil/hydro?) and how far along you are. If in soil, I would consider transplanting the plants into fresh soil and actually rough up the rootball a little to get rid of some of the contaminated soil. A plants root ball is a lot more resilient to a little abuse than most people give credit.

Photo's would be very benenficial in this situation as well.

Be well and happy growing.

I've read your previous post regarding this, but why did you add soap in the first is my first question ?

Flush and flush again & to be on the safe side, flush once more...

God knows whats in soap or over content of its make up or effect on PH but after reading this - Soap - Wikipedia i suspect the fatty acids may well of fceked things over well 'n' truely...

A transplant into fresh soil may help & would careful rinse of any contaminated soil from roots and gentle repot... suspect some stress for a few to several days tho...

thanks, tanr it was in a pot apx. 4 gal. sence then I put it in the ground . seems to be ok but like I said I have yellow spots on some lef.
an the grouth has seemed to have slowed also.. don't have pics. I also been spraying the plant with superthrive, ????

ok stop spraying superthrive. that stuff is powerful and too many doses will make your plant go wierd especially if your stressing it out already.

flush again as reccomended, use water at around 25celcius if possible. warm water helps wash away soap, cold doesnt do much, but any warmer and it may upset the plant. you can give up on any idea of food in the soil now, you need to flush stupendus amounts of water through it.

after you have flushed, you should water the plant with a good 3 part nutrient solution and put in h2o2 to ensure all that soggy soil has plent of oxygen in it. (make sure to read about h2o2 and get measurements right :rofl: a bottle of 3% h202 can be mixed with 5 equally sized bottles of water, this is a plant safe concentration which is almost powerful enough (1-4 is for fungus gnats) to kill nasties in the soil.

the damage has already been done and may be currently continuing. something done in a second can scar a plant for life (and not show up till days after the event). just make sure its medium is cleaned and re enriched with everything it needs, reduce the amount of light its getting by a degree so it doesnt have to work so hard while its healing, then just be patient, this may take a couple of weeks to heal.

Back
Top Bottom