Dawn dish soap help

belfairbob

I screwed up the mix I used apx. 1/4 cup of dawn to a pint of water ! I now no that one or two drops was
what I needed to use !! I flushed pot very well with fresh water, two gals. for every gallon of pot size. now
I have yellow spots on my leaves, an the growing has seemed to have slowed down! what can I do to fix this ??
help is needed asap !!!

That is a lot of soap! That didn't strike you as odd when you did that? How far are you into your grow? Can you transplant and leave some of the soap saturated soil in the old pot? Other than flushing, that's all I can think of.

If you have another pot and some soil, get them out of that soap saturated soil, though unfortunately, the damage might be done if the roots took up too much of that concoction.

hey belfairbob - If this was me... I would take them out of the container they are in, dunk the "root ball" in water and re-pot the plant in new soil. Water as normal and keep them out of intense light for a couple days so they can recuperate. If you want, then plant them in the ground, you should be okay. Remember, it's a weed and a survivor, the yield may be compromised but it should still give you something for your efforts; good luck buddy, I hope all is well...peace

Belfairbob,

I use superthrive regularly! I can't say that it does anything super noticeable as I have never done a side by side comparison of a plant treated and one not treated. However, I can absolutely say that it most assuradely has never done any of my plants any harm.

thanks for the advice. what do you think about superthrive ?
Never used it belfairbob, TanR seems to be the "man" on this one...*Thanks for the input TanR, I might try the product myself, will do some research...peace

Certainly wouldn't consider myself anything of an expert, but after reading about everything I could find on Superthrive, I've come to the conclusion that it is basically B vitamins. I'm not even sure that plants utilize "vitamins" in the same way humans do, but I haven't seen any ill effects from using it for sure.

What's funny TanR is (us) as in humans. It's a weed, a survivor; it is our instinctual desire to always make something better, to get the biggest ROI. I had less stress when I use to "Johnny apple seed" in random locations and only went back to the location to harvest; respectfully, I had some of my largest yields. Now I am doing an indoor perpetual grow trying to be God and Mother Nature, oh how I miss the old days. Outside everything is (for the most part) in balance, bug infestations typically result in a predator explosion.

I wouldn't transplant it to be honest, it's already in distress as you said then you really want to avoid any additional stress, as transplanting CAN be a huge stresser for plants.

In stead I would just give a real good flushing and let it over come it on its own.
I know it's hard to just watch it suffer, but sometimes it's the best thing to do.

Just flush it with about three times as much water than dirt in the container and let it drain.

Back
Top Bottom