Day 14: My plant stopped growing + drooping leaves

JustGrowing

420 Member
Hi guys,

To start with I need to point out that I'm from Europe and english is not my native language - if something is not clear let me know and I will try to give more details.

Firstly, I must admit that prior to this I only had some experience with growing tomatoes but this year I would like to branch out into weed. This is my first grow so I'd appreciate if you can help with the first stages as I'm already experiencing some issues. Today is the 14th day since I planted the seed but after day 7 the plant stopped growing (currently it's 3 cm tall). Furthermore, two days ago (day 12) the leaves started drooping. I will firstly give you some additional info on my set-up:
  • Strain: King's Kush CBD (feminized) from Green House Seeds
  • Indoor
  • Soil: mix of 70% coco coir + 30% perlite
  • Lamp: Amethyst Energy DS 150 400W LED (set currently on Growing cycle)
  • Light schedule: 24h (for two weeks already)
  • Lamp is always 45 cm away from the top of the plant
  • Temperature inside the tent: 23.8 - 27°C
  • Humidity: 35-45% (I don't have any humidifiers so I put some containers filled with water in my tent
  • Fan is working around 6h a day. It doesn't hit directly the plant
  • Solution: BIO BIZZ Root Juice (4ml per L)
  • Watering: 300 ml per day

I didn't have any issues during the first week. The plant looked healthy and it already developed first leaves. The problem started during the second week when it suddenly stopped growing. It's currently 3 cm tall and as mentioned previously the leaves started drooping. I did some research on cases like this and it seems that I'm using too much water (the old habit from growing tomatoes) - 300 ml per day is definitely too much... On top of that I didn't expect coco coir to hold water for so long. I haven't added any water for 3 days now and the base is still moist.

My questions are:

1. Is the lack of growth caused by overwatering or are there any other reasons? (f.e. low humidity, too much nutrients, high temperature around 27°C- I hear indica strains should be maintained in lower temperatures)
  2. How can I resolve this situation now? I haven't added any water for 3 days. Should I wait until the coco coir mix gets dry? Or is the plant already lost by now...
  3. After (or rather if) the situation goes back on track what should I do to ensure I will not run into the same situation?
  4. Despite the issues I just mentioned, does it look healthy?

Here are some pics after day 7 and day 14.

Day 7
Day-7.jpg

Day 14
Day-14-1.jpg
Day-14-3.jpg

A 70/30 coco/perlite mix cannot be overwatered.........except for a small seedling in a large pot.
You should have started in smaller pots.......maintaining the proper moisture level will be a challenge. That's the cause of your slow growth.
Coco should be fed daily at a pH around 6.0 to substantial run off.
Never give plain water.
Never let it get dry.
The best place to learn......www.cocoforcannabis.com.
Good luck.

Hey Just Growing,

Welcome to forums at 420...! Coco coir is not soil, it looks very similar but it must be treated quite differently. Its a low tech DTW or drain to waste hydro grow method, so yep - hydro rules apply.

It’s planted in coco and it’s day 14.... but no mention of light nutes or cal-mag or whether you have been adjusting the ph..... all of which are very important. Coco is totally inert - there is zero nutrients in there for your plant so it must be bottle fed. Perhaps you’ve got that covered with the Bio-bizz Root Juice - I’m just not familiar with their products.

Umm - sadly no it doesn’t look healthy at all, it’s pretty close to damping off or outright death.... but I sure hope it turns around for you! I’d be prepared to start more beans but you need to get on board with the whole.... it’s not soil - it’s coco and hydro rules apply part.

all right - best of luck to you!

Back
Top Bottom