startergrow

I'm new to growing and just started by germinating 5 AK-47 auto flower seeds.

They all sprouted a root, too my surprise, and I planted them in small 2"x 2" fiber seed pots.

They grew fairly well with the two seed leaves coming out and then the 4 usual leaves. They dried out fairly fast so I was watering regularly but making sure they were dry before i did.

Over the last few days the leaves starting wilting. I thought maybe it was time for a transplant so I moved them to larger fiber pots. It went fairly well I think. I watered a little after the transplant and today the soil seems a little moist but mostly dry.

I've been leaving the lights on ( 8 daylight CFLs) 24 hours (mostly for temperature). The temperature is around 24-25C sometimes a little higher.

In looking over the site I don't know if I've over watered, under watered or something else. I've attached a couple of pictures and hope that someone with experience might have some help to give me.

Appreciate yopu taking the time to read this.

seedling_drooping.jpg

seedling_drooping_close.jpg

Hi n welcome to 420. First mistake is not putting them in their final pots as they're Auto's. I personally don't like the fibre pots as they don't break down properly.
What medium are you growing in?
What nutes are you using?

Seedlings can grow in water so I'm not sure how this comment makes sense.

I'd like to hear the answers to @shaun6868 questions.

Ok so in your theory just Waterlog it daily. In hydroponics you have air. In soil if you over water there's no air. I bet anything it's over watered.
It's got nothing to do with nutes. If he's giving it none it'd be fine. If too much it'd be burnt.
So your going to say they look dry? You can't see under the surface. He said he's been watering regularly. I bet daily or every other day. He's prob been taking the famous advice of knuckle deep if it feels dry.

Hard to tell by the pics, but look droopy for sure, and CFL can get pretty close so not sure how far away you have them

But like shaun said, Autos need to go from seedling to final pot, like 3-5gal pot. Once the tap root bottoms out it will start the flower cycle, so you want that delayed as long as possible

Ya what kind of media is it

Ok so in your theory just Waterlog it daily. In hydroponics you have air. In soil if you over water there's no air. I bet anything it's over watered.
It's got nothing to do with nutes. If he's giving it none it'd be fine. If too much it'd be burnt.
So your going to say they look dry? You can't see under the surface. He said he's been watering regularly. I bet daily or every other day. He's prob been taking the famous advice of knuckle deep if it feels dry.

His mixture has plenty of aeration. It's not allot different than the way I grow and I set my starter pots in 1/4" water (with Clonex) for the first weeks until trans-potted.

His mixture has plenty of aeration. It's not allot different than the way I grow and I set my starter pots in 1/4" water (with Clonex) for the first weeks until trans-potted.

So your saying there's no such thing as overwatering in soil?

Hmm... I really don't think root hitting bottom and flowering are related. Autos flower at about three weeks regardless.
I was always under the impression once they bottom out they start flowering
I've had some not start flower well after 3 weeks

Either way....seed to final pot is the way to go

Sigh - That's not what I said at all.........

You said seedlings can grow in water and that it don't make sense that I said they looked over watered. He's not growing hydro. Water or coco. Ok. I am un following. Good luck

Thanks for all the replies. I appreciate the info.

Looks like a made a mistake in the transplanting as they're auto-flowers. I am doing that knuckle thing to check the dryness so over-watering could be a problem if that doesn't work.

The potting soil is from the local nursery and it said organic and natural for all that means. A link to it is

Nature's Care Organic Potting Mix with Water Conserve - Soils - Nature's Care

I added a little perlite to it as well.

I haven't added any nutrients. I have some but the store told me to hold off a few weeks.

Any ideas how I should go from here? They're hanging in there so I hope they'll spring back.

Thanks

You could still up pot them, see what happens,call it a learning curve, we've all made mistakes, that's how we learn. At least you came to 420, You got some good people here that are willing to help. Do some more reading on the site n see what others are doing. Good luck startergrow..

Back
Top Bottom