While I agree that they don't require special pots, putting them in their final containers isn't a bad idea. Autos are less forgiving because of their tight timeline.

That I agree with. They start to flower within a few weeks whether you're ready or not, so I think it's best to put them in the final pot.

And I don't think this mania for growing in beer cups makes any sense when people leave the plant in the cup till the tap root has circled the bottom three times.

But there's no reason you can't start autos in smaller containers if you want to. Just don't leave them in there too long and be careful when you transplant, just like with a photoperiod plant.

Thought I'd update with some pictures. Recap is that this is my first grow and I started some AK-47 from seeds. They grew slow and were drooping so I posted for some help and received some great info in response.

The plants picked up but are stunted due to my initial problems as seedlings and early veg. Based on the comments and looking at the plants I think I was mainly over watering (despite being aware that this is the main problem with beginners, what can you do?) and starting them in the small cubes and having to transplant.

I'm at about 40 days from seedling now.

Being small I thought I had nothing to lose by trying LST and I think this had lead to lots of sites for flowering. It's been interesting as they are really low, which has given me hope that the small area I have my work for small amounts of plants if I do LST. I don't really need quantity but would like the plants to be healthy.

Anyway here are a couple of pictures.

AK47a_LSTcc.jpg

AK47b_budscc.jpg

Good Job - While you may have stunted her growth you have learned so much. My best advise is regardless of type of plant get to know you plant and potting mixture. The easiest way it to pick the pot up and feel it. Even if in is just a seedling pot feel it when wet and feel it when dry. You'll quickly get in tune with your plant and know when to water.

Your going to knock your next grow out of the park.

Back
Top Bottom