Day 60 of 12/12, a few questions

joeled

This is my first plant 60 days after turning to 12/12. I've been lurking around this forum for a long time, but am posting now because I have a few questions. Hopefully you can put my mind to rest a bit.

First, I read that after I switch to flower I should not trim. I did trim before flower by removing all branches and little growth on the lower third of the plant. However, it looks really bushy to me, a lot denser than a lot of the photos I see on here. Should I trim some? Is it too late at this point?

Second, how much longer would you estimate till harvest? I'm planning to do at least two more weeks of nutrients and then a week of flushing, but not really confident on that since this is my first harvest.

I was also wondering about my yellow leaf tips. I'm 90 percent sure it's nute burn, so I am planning to change my nutrient formula 4ml of floramicro and 8ml of florabloom per gallon and skip the flora grow. I found the formula on a canabis specific chart for the GH series.

And last question, my grow space is about 3 feet square and five feet high, would it be overkill to put in a homemade Co2 generator (the kind that you make with plastic bottles, yeast and sugar)?

The pics below aren't the best, sorry. But that is a single plant grown in a 5 gallon DWC water farm using hydroton and feeding with GH using the blooming formula on the back of the bottle. My lighting is a 180w LED and I have two computer fans venting everything through.

IMG_20120703_124906.jpg
IMG_20120703_125351.jpg
IMG_20120703_125107.jpg
IMG_20120703_125043.jpg

Hi, I am a new user but a relatively experienced grower. I would not take any of the fan leaves off, they provide the energy for the buds to grow(I used to remove fan leaves but now I don't and I'm enjoying bigger harvests though I do remove almost all the fan leaves during the last week before I harvest) I think you are using too much nitrogen late in the flowering cycle and the burning on the tips is nitrogen burn (though not a bad case at all). I would definitely back off on the nitrogen, your plants should become nitrogen deficient leading up to the harvest. With how healthy your plant looks you could probably bud it for another 8 weeks if it is sativa dominant and another 4-5 weeks for indica. The longer you wait the better it will be, as long as you don't wait too long.

there is only one thing you need to pay attention to when it comes to harvest time, the colour of those crystals forming on everything.

they go from clear to cloudy to amber...for a high buzz, you want to cull when they are mostly turning cloudy...for a heavy couchlock buzz where you have difficulty getting up to conduct your daily business, you want them mostly amber.

leave it too long and all that lovely THC will be tranformed into less usefull substances and waste the plant.

leaves are meant to die near the end of flowering, ours is an annual plant.

only trim leaves if they are getting in the way of light going directly onto a bud.

I would take those fans off man. See how nice and brown the upper pistils are, but down under the top layer there are mostly white. I don't think they are getting enough light down below. I know it's a big debate, but IMO get rid of enough fan leaves to let light down under

Hi mate, Firstly, nice job buddy!:thumb: She's looking alright at the moment. Youre probably right as to the nute burn, now the theory is dont trim any fan leaves unless theyre dead,diseased or of course blocking light from reaching buds.. Now there are a few ways you can do this, maybe tie or tuck away some fan leaves rather than trim,but if neccessary, do it just not alot at once.. Youre girl is nearing her end of cycle, and as i just read if youre using LED's the penetration of light might not be enough to fully mature lower buds at same time, you can easily stick an extra few CFL's down lower to provide more light without pruning too much. Hope you re prob sorts out, and you get sum fat juicy buds off ur girl;)

Hi mate, Firstly, nice job buddy!:thumb: She's looking alright at the moment. Youre probably right as to the nute burn, now the theory is dont trim any fan leaves unless theyre dead,diseased or of course blocking light from reaching buds.. Now there are a few ways you can do this, maybe tie or tuck away some fan leaves rather than trim,but if neccessary, do it just not alot at once.. Youre girl is nearing her end of cycle, and as i just read if youre using LED's the penetration of light might not be enough to fully mature lower buds at same time, you can easily stick an extra few CFL's down lower to provide more light without pruning too much. Hope you re prob sorts out, and you get sum fat juicy buds off ur girl;)

was going to suggest exactly the same thing with the cfls...so underused imho...the normal cfls you get for your house do the job...ppl like edf a n-power freqently just give them away in their energy saving promotions...2700k

I would take those fans off man. See how nice and brown the upper pistils are, but down under the top layer there are mostly white. I don't think they are getting enough light down below. I know it's a big debate, but IMO get rid of enough fan leaves to let light down under

the different rates of maturity are not always a bad thing. if you only have a few plants. you chop the tops when they are ready to harvest, then move the lights down...creates a staggered harvest and avoids a glut for low usage smokers. its an option anyway turning a problem into a use ;)

Back
Top Bottom