Decarb dried bud or coconut oil infused capsules

Busymumma

Hi, I'm a long term smoker but new to cannabis for pain relief. I want to make some capsules for pain relief. Once I've decarbed my bud what's the most effective way to use capsules. Ground decarbed bud or an oil extract such as coconut oil

Hi, I'm a long term smoker but new to cannabis for pain relief. I want to make some capsules for pain relief. Once I've decarbed my bud what's the most effective way to use capsules. Ground decarbed bud or an oil extract such as coconut oil

:welcome: Busymumma. :hug: Where ground decarbed bud can be effective, adding a carrier oil and some sunflower lecithin will increase the bioavailability from something in the neighborhood of 25% max to somewhere around 80%. That translates to more benefit for less input. Beyond that, packing a capsule with dried bud is a royal PITA. Lol!

The stomach often has a hard time absorbing cannabinoids. The carrier oil and lecithin help the system overcome that challenge. Having said that, a number if us are experimenting with cooking (decarbing) our buds in oil and eating them like food.

If you have a pressure cooker on hand you’ll be pleased to learn we have a very simple process worked out for both decarbing and infusing in an Instant Pot that’s usable in any pressure cooker. You’ll find that tutorial here: Instant Pot Cannabis Oil

It’d be helpful if you could share what pain you’re managing. :battingeyelashes:

:welcome:

You need to look at most of what @SweetSue has contributed here...there is much information that will include your answer and much more. It's a deep, deep rabbit hole but also very helpful for those seeking pain relief.

Call on me anytime busymumma. I’ll help you maneuver my many rabbit holes. :battingeyelashes:

And thanks for the call Blew. :battingeyelashes:

:welcome: Busymumma. :hug: Where ground decarbed bud can be effective, adding a carrier oil and some sunflower lecithin will increase the bioavailability from something in the neighborhood of 25% max to somewhere around 80%. That translates to more benefit for less input. Beyond that, packing a capsule with dried bud is a royal PITA. Lol!

The stomach often has a hard time absorbing cannabinoids. The carrier oil and lecithin help the system overcome that challenge. Having said that, a number if us are experimenting with cooking (decarbing) our buds in oil and eating them like food.

If you have a pressure cooker on hand you’ll be pleased to learn we have a very simple process worked out for both decarbing and infusing in an Instant Pot that’s usable in any pressure cooker. You’ll find that tutorial here: Instant Pot Cannabis Oil

It’d be helpful if you could share what pain you’re managing. :battingeyelashes:

Hi, thanks for sharing because i'm not a smoker that is my plan to consume the cannabis. I already have the ladies growing, the sunflower lecithin, the capsules and the coconut oil. My issue is that people say ovens are not very accurate with temperature and i dont have a laser thermometer because they are very expensive, any recommendation for decarb ? What temperature should i set my oven to? Any way to know if i'm over or under doing it? Thanks

I decarb flower at 115*C for 90 minutes. I don’t strip the stalks til after and I seal the flower in a tin foil pouch. The theory is it helps to protect some of the terps and aromatics. If you place the pouch in the freezer overnight after decarboxylation then you’ll be doing all you can to hang on to these volatiles.
Here’s this..
44C048F4-22D4-4426-8AD1-B0E0E9465420.png

:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom