* piece of silk for straining
* wooden clothes pins
* storage jar for finished oil

Supplies:
* 16 grams dried undecarbed cannabis buds
* 16 ounces carrier oil of choice
* essential oils to preference

The Pictures :circle-of-love:

Your infused cannabis oil is now ready to use. If you’re using it with edibles or as part of a capsule regimen
* add 1 tablespoon of liquid sunflower lecithin for every cup of infused oil, mix well
* chill overnight in the fridge
* bring to room temperature
* stir throughly before filling capsules or using in an edible recipe

Essential oils can be added to enhance medicinal values of the oils.

So when does the decarb take place? In the pressure cooker?

Yes it does travis. The high pressure for 150 minutes does an almost complete decarb. I checked it myself with hot oil baths.

InstaPot! :cheer:

I didn’t realize I’d misspelled the name of the pressure cooker Blew. Do you think it matters enough to have it edited? Lol!

I didn’t realize I’d misspelled the name of the pressure cooker Blew. Do you think it matters enough to have it edited? Lol!
Actually I misspelled it...just looked at your photos....You are correct...I think I call it that because it is easier to say...

For the low cost of the Instant Pot..... what this piece of equipment did to simplify my life. :battingeyelashes: I set it up and walk away, often letting it cycle overnight. I let mine cool completely before I open it. It may increase the decarb and potency, but I do so because it’s convienient.

For the low cost of the Instant Pot..... what this piece of equipment did to simplify my life. :battingeyelashes:
So glad to hear...at one point I thought you were frustrated/not impressed with it...we love it as well.

We also use it for low and slow infusions.

So glad to hear...at one point I thought you were frustrated/not impressed with it...we love it as well.

We also use it for low and slow infusions.

Care to share the process for such an infusion? :battingeyelashes:

Interesting, love the photos. Grape seed oil, is that the oil of choice for instant pot? Thought olive oil was used most commonly.

Also, where does the drying of bud happen? On counter, room temp? Appreciate all the effort.

So no water in the pot???

On the little rack, or does it matter????

Yes, water in the pot. It won’t get up to pressure without water to create steam. This is why there’s a cover over the small bowl.

I use the trivet and fill with water to that level.

Interesting, love the photos. Grape seed oil, is that the oil of choice for instant pot? Thought olive oil was used most commonly.

Also, where does the drying of bud happen? On counter, room temp? Appreciate all the effort.

Grape seed is used here because this is linked to a thread for topicals, and grape seed works wonderfully well for topicals.

You can use whatever carrier oil you desire. I use olive for most medicinal treatments, coconut when called for or when baking with the oil. Almond makes a wicked massage oil. Grape seed, as mentioned, for my topicals. Pumpkin seed oil is a quick transponder in the skin. Sinks right in, leaving no time to spread it, from what I hear. I’ve not used it yet myself.

I dry a couple different ways, depending on need. Hang dry is used mostly when the fridge is packed with bags of low and slo. The dehydrator will dry a harvest in 50 hours at the lowest setting, and when I need it done in 3 days that’s what I reach for.

I prefer low and slo. It results in a clearly superior product.

Thanks SweetSue.

I want to try instant pot for a fresh harvest oil in a few weeks. That is my first plant and a gift so no idea what strain. Ate a fresh early bud yesterday and liked the taste. Fun.

Was using MCT oil and switched to olive oil for latest tincture after reading past posts. Plan to use olive oil for fresh harvest. You prefer the low and slow for drying plant before the pot. Is that for taste of oil or better infusion?

Appreciate your efforts here!

Are you asking about drying the plant after washing or drying it prior to infusion?

SweetSue, shows the plants hanging and drying but that is after a quick water wash to get off dust or whatever else.

The fresh harvest, is just that, you DO NOT DRY the plant. It is added fresh to the oil, which allows the terpenes to be absorbed into the oil. If you dry out the cannabis in the traditional sense, you will be losing alot of terpenes very quickly while drying. Personally, I have not tried this method but I want to as it seems like it would be the best way to produce this oil. Good luck with your infusion.

Back
Top Bottom