Merry Christmas - failed oil and failed canna butter - used Instant Pot for decarb - help me

Decarb is at 170 to 180 F for two to three hours. Not sure if it is right or wrong but when the smell of the weed heating up disappears I figure it has been in the oven long enough for that step.

Put the weed in the jar and add coconut oil. I set the oven to 180 to 185F. We turn off the oven at night so the mix is cooking for 8 to 12 hours and gets a chance to cool off. The next morning I turn the oven back on. Same temp and another 8-12 hours.

My notes are indicating that I have been settling on a total of 30 hours for the cooking of the oil and 'decarbed' weed.
Ok thanks. Sounds like you don't think much of decarbing the herb as part of the infusion process.

Ok thanks. Sounds like you don't think much of decarbing the herb as part of the infusion process.
I was following the methods I found on threads here and elsewhere on the world-wide-web for making a salve to reduce pain in arthritic joints or other joint injuries. Most of them talked about doing the decarb separately before steeping it in the oil so that is what I started off doing.

Tried the usual brief decarb step and then added it to the oil and my testers said it was OK. After a few batches I went to the method of doing a lengthy decarb followed by a very long session in oil.

I then gave some to all the testers without telling them of the changes in cooking methods. I would just say here is a "new" batch.The testers all said the new stuff was better than the earlier test samples..

A little story. One of my buddies has to take care of his now 95 year old mother. She was afraid to try the CBD stuff in the store at first. Then she tried and said it didn't work. I told him to give her a small container of my salve but she was really, really afraid of that and said it was made by some "old hippie" and would make her jump off the roof or think she could fly. These days he calls every now and then and says "Mom said to get some more of the hippie cream; she is almost out."

I take most of my stuff in the acidic forms but now since switching to SIPs I've got plenty of extra to experiment with. I tried decarbing as a separate step and, for me, it made quite a difference.

Thanks for your observations on that score. I'll play around with it a bit more and see if I can find a combination that works well for me like you did with your pain cream. :thanks:

Well, that says it all. I did my best and grew some pretty damn good weed. And I’ll be damn if I can make edibles to do anything. I’m cooking them in my instant pot for 20 minutes on high pressure to decarbox. I used plenty, cup for cup. But nothing with butter or oil. Just can not stink up my house so using my instant pot. Does that work and comments if you want.
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays
Invest this unit takes the guess work out of it the Ardent can do up to an oz at a time it decarbs and infuses hope this helps Good luck 🤞✌️Ron from Michigan

IMG_20230207_180507.jpg

Or you can grab yourselves a Magic Butter Machine - and decarb box -- haven't had any problem with it. Killer coconut oil for krispies and gummies .. Decarb box holds 4 oz. I wait till internal temp of box is 240 and then start timing 35-40min.

Set it and forget it -- I can think of no use for a pressure cooker other than canning -- and that's what an insta pot is. I mean c'mon all when is the last time ya regularly pulled out your insta pot for a meal - few and far between.. MBM can make oil, butter , tinctures.

Have no idea why there's not people here posting their different extraction recipes for their MBM.

MotaMan

Or you can grab yourselves a Magic Butter Machine - and decarb box -- haven't had any problem with it. Killer coconut oil for krispies and gummies .. Decarb box holds 4 oz. I wait till internal temp of box is 240 and then start timing 35-40min.

Set it and forget it -- I can think of no use for a pressure cooker other than canning -- and that's what an insta pot is. I mean c'mon all when is the last time ya regularly pulled out your insta pot for a meal - few and far between.. MBM can make oil, butter , tinctures.

Have no idea why there's not people here posting their different extraction recipes for their MBM.

MotaMan
I use my Insta pot all the time, not necessarily on weed though.

I would have to believe regular insta pot users are a rarity.. So 61 are ya usin it to make oil or butter ? or just for rice ?

Again - I cannot reason why there's not more MBM users posting their recipes here ..

MotaMan

Back
Top Bottom