Decarb smoke

Big pete 132

420 Member
Hi may be a stupid ? Ive read a bit about decarbing for cooking and how it releses thc or cbd cbn and so on im asking is there anything to decarbing my smoke befor smoking or does that happen when burning only wondering because the flame may be hotter than decab temp but it a lot shorter would it help increase thc

Decarbing to use in tinctures or cooking really needs 120C for an hour or so. Chuck it in an oven bag, or if you want exact temp stability for this, a canning jar in a pressure cooker for an hour. @ std 15psi that most cookers work at that will give you 121 C.

Thing is that decarbing that way you lose a lot of the terpenes (flavor / smell) and it comes out a bit harsh to smoke. If you have enough weed in storage...try it. But not something i would do. Better off storing in the dark and curing for smokables.

I think I get what you are saying. You decarb weed when you smoke it. It doesn't need to be decarbed to smoke and will do nothing to improve it. It most cases I would say it would do more harm than good.

Even in most cooking situations it doesn't need to be decarbed. It all matters how it is made. Crock pot oil and butter has enough temperature for long enough to activate THC. The only situation I have found this same oil doesn't do well is in cookies. They don't cook as long as my other edibles so I think that is the problem.

I think I get what you are saying. You decarb weed when you smoke it. It doesn't need to be decarbed to smoke and will do nothing to improve it. It most cases I would say it would do more harm than good.

Even in most cooking situations it doesn't need to be decarbed. It all matters how it is made. Crock pot oil and butter has enough temperature for long enough to activate THC. The only situation I have found this same oil doesn't do well is in cookies. They don't cook as long as my other edibles so I think that is the problem.
Thanks for the info i was thinking along the same lines lol but allways like others opinion thanks again

Back
Top Bottom