Deep Water Culture/DWC Grow:4 Big Buddha Cheese 2 GHS White Widows

Re: Deep Water Culture/DWC Grow:4 Big Buddha Cheese 2 GHS White Widows by Ghostgardener

Ghost, how many different strains you got going? I would imagine that they are all working you pretty hard???

I finish my Deep Water Culture Tutorial today, (link in my signature). Look at it when you get a chance, from seed to harvest!

Re: Deep Water Culture/DWC Grow:4 Big Buddha Cheese 2 GHS White Widows by Ghostgardener

Just got me confused I am growing Cheese and White Widow. I had some PPP sprouted but I passed em along. Should get some smoke out of it soon. I got one week on the Widows and 2 weeks on the Cheese.

The home stretch! always my Achilles heel. I'm like a 16 yr old at the playboy mansion grabbing everything in site, lol. the grow looks great, + rep.

The home stretch! always my Achilles heel. I'm like a 16 yr old at the playboy mansion grabbing everything in site, lol. the grow looks great, + rep.

Thanks St. I appreciate it.

Ladies are just plain getting thier Bud weight now and all I can do is hurry up and wait but I have lots of planning for my next grow still to do.

I am shooting for at least 12 plants this next grow I am using 5 gal DWC buckets.

I might use the Deep Water Culture for 2 plants in the corners of Mt. Cook from Kiwi Seeds.

So 12-14 plants. I wanted to do more but I will go with the "double method" until I get where I want to indoors.

My biggest issue is I need light and lots of it not worried bout electricity bill or cost of equipment, more lumens and layout of the grow. Got any suggestions Fry I have not bought a thing but I plan to spend around $500-600.00 on lights; airpumps; nutes. Got the seeds; buckets; netpots; airlinehose; and most of the odds and ends already.

I need to make a killing next grow to make this investment pay for itself.

I am shooting for at least 12 plants this next grow I am using 5 gal DWC buckets.

I might use the Deep Water Culture for 2 plants in the corners of Mt. Cook from Kiwi Seeds.

So 12-14 plants. I wanted to do more but I will go with the "double method" until I get where I want to indoors.

My biggest issue is I need light and lots of it not worried bout electricity bill or cost of equipment, more lumens and layout of the grow. Got any suggestions Fry I have not bought a thing but I plan to spend around $500-600.00 on lights; airpumps; nutes. Got the seeds; buckets; netpots; airlinehose; and most of the odds and ends already.

I need to make a killing next grow to make this investment pay for itself.

You look like you're going where I need to, I've been thinking 18 plants. I'm still strategizing. It's easy to say go ahead and buy the 1000w hps, but I really think you get a bigger bang for the buck with 600's. These big guys I'm talking to just use 1000w and set them 4' above the plant. They get great production, they clone in the tube, then it's basically an aeroponic operation.

Note on HIDs contributed by PurpDaddy:
When given the choice of only one light, most marijuana growers will choose an HPS, High Pressure Sodium grow light over MH, Metal Halide, because HPS lights are more efficient (larger harvest).
You can't use a standard high pressure sodium bulb in a metal halide fixture, but you can use a metal halide bulb in a high pressure sodium fixture of the same wattage.
There are special hps bulbs that can be used in a mh fixture and vice-versa. But these conversion bulbs cost about double the price of a standard bulb.
With HID Lights:
A 250 watt fixture will supply enough light to cover a 2.5 foot by 2.5 foot grow area. (6 plants or less)
A 400 watt fixture will supply enough light to cover a 4 foot by 4 foot grow area. (12 plants or less)
A 600 watt fixture will supply enough light to cover a 5 foot by 5 foot grow area. (18 plants or less)
A 1000 watt fixture will supply enough light to cover a 6.5 foot by 6.5 foot grow area. (30 plants or less)

Thanks guys as always on top of it. Maybe a 600w HPS would do me just fine.

Just HPS the whole grow as well or one 400w MH with 600w HPS for multispectrum. Very Interesting who has played around with this??

Are you using a nextgen ballast?

I'm going to run this next grow with a 400 watt HPS tuned with extra blue and some 5000k cfls on top at first and moved to the sides for flower. May add some small 2700k's in flower also to get some light actually in the middle of the plant.

Managing three reservoirs is a lot of work. A LOT OF WORK!

Is there a feasible way to link all of the 5gallon buckets together? Like SH has their expandable kit for the 6 gallon 6 site tubs...but do it to the 5 gallon buckets..seems easy enough to add tubing to the bottom of the buckets to link them all together then run it into an extra 5 gallon bucket (not used to grow with) and use that bucket to control the PH/PPM/Water lvl/ etc...

Is there a feasible way to link all of the 5gallon buckets together? Like SH has their expandable kit for the 6 gallon 6 site tubs...but do it to the 5 gallon buckets..seems easy enough to add tubing to the bottom of the buckets to link them all together then run it into an extra 5 gallon bucket (not used to grow with) and use that bucket to control the PH/PPM/Water lvl/ etc...

That's the way I'd do it. I saw someone here setting up a 15- 5 gallon bucket grow. The problem I see with this is to do a res change you're doing 45gallons of nutes, that's a bunch all at once. I'd think if you're going with that many plants you need to start thinking more like a table or that stink bud system Answer is playing with.

That's the way I'd do it. I saw someone here setting up a 15- 5 gallon bucket grow. The problem I see with this is to do a res change you're doing 45gallons of nutes, that's a bunch all at once. I'd think if you're going with that many plants you need to start thinking more like a table or that stink bud system Answer is playing with.

Or you could use a waterfarm like setup with a master Res and a control res. Linked by tubing bucket to bucket.

guess they changed the photo system again huh?

With my luck, (and staying stoned) I'd kick a tube and get a leak every time I visited the closet.

But, yea, that would work.

Back
Top Bottom